• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

East Coast Storm October 2012 (Sandy)

Re: East Coast Storm October 2012

One of my neighbors must have borrowed a gennie, real POS, they are having a tough time keeping it running. Yesterday her and one of her sons were trying to get it running so she could dry her hair...LOL
At least most of us on the street have gas hot water, so showers are no problem.

Yall seeing many down trees ? Word is the powers to be on the east coast are going to be knocking on our door for multiple 10 man saw teams and since fireseason is over here there are a bunch of us chomping at the bit to come help……if so I’m coming out to do some logging…….probably a stack of new FEMA saws just waiting for us lol

Idk about other states, but here in CT trees are down everywhere. So if you are up this neck of the woods I have an extra room.power.and my wife cooks like a pro.....

Lots of trees down. I seen on the news that the National Gaurd is cutting them up.
I have also heard that there are lots of professional tree crews all over the place.

I have also heard that there are lots of professional tree crews all over the place.
Coming up from NC on monday I saw a lot of wood chippers and tree crews heading north in addition to the electric utility crews. Your neighbor that ran the generator for a hair dryer sounds like she'd be lost in a real, multi week or longer crisis. We have a lot around here like that too.

I hope you get the electric back soon like Ripjack13. By the way Ripjack13, that was definitely to much information.

ripjack13 said:
Idk about other states, but here in CT trees are down everywhere. So if you are up this neck of the woods I have an extra room.power.and my wife cooks like a pro.....

Nice ! Much better than a tent and MRE's !

ripjack13 said:
jumped outa bed and rolled over to my baseball bat....naked...she starts laughin..

The way I see it your first mistake was grabbing the bat......that gave her a direct reference point......kind like putting a 22lr next to a 50bmg for size reference in a picture........I suggest you buy a night stick to stop the heckling

oli700 said:
ripjack13 said:
jumped outa bed and rolled over to my baseball bat....naked...she starts laughin..

The way I see it your first mistake was grabbing the bat......that gave her a direct reference point......kind like putting a 22lr next to a 50bmg for size reference in a picture........I suggest you buy a night stick to stop the heckling
Now that is FUNNY!!!!!

Oh and let me just say

YES!!!!!!!!! ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!
63 hours was long enough!!!!!

Good for you LTB45. I think that means everyone posting has electricity again.

ripjack13 wrote: jumped outa bed and rolled over to my baseball bat....naked...she starts laughin..

:lol:

Bwwahahahahaa!!! :)

Yep...I left myself open to that one......good one oli....
;)

LTB45 said:
Oh and let me just say

Holy cow....well....at least it's on finally!

Is anyone without power now here?

Just talked to a friend that works for CL&P, the other CT power company.
He said that there is no way this state will be any where near fixed with power by Monday.
I told him that makes sense since the Monday time frame is what the people that run the UI and CL&P are saying.
Always listen to the guys on the ground when it comes to stuff like this.

This is the way we roll on the East Coast.....LOL!!

550189_4273095099870_809373286_n.jpg

ripjack13 said:
Well no more candle light dinners. We got power last night at 11:40....
It's funny....the wife n I were...well you know ;) ...anyhow the bedroom light flicked on and startled us. I jumped outa bed and rolled over to my baseball bat....naked...she starts laughin..I'm thinkin somebodys invadin....sheesh
.my hearts goin a mile a minute.

Ah yes.....sorry for the vision....but had to give you guys a funny update.
;)
Im disappointed... a baseball bat? :roll: :roll:
you coulda at least lied to us and told us you grabbed your M500...

to the others, good to hear your getting power back online.
A buddy in maryland got power, but his cable is out so no internet or tv.

Wow...Bloomberg didn't want the Guard in Brooklyn because they would be armed. He is such a tool.

Anti-Second Amendment New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg refused to allow the National Guard into Brooklyn to help with disaster relief and prevent looting because national guardsmen would have had guns.
"NYPD is the only people we want on the street with guns," Bloomberg said.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...Brooklyn-National-Guard-Not-Allowed-With-Guns

Back