• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Eberlestock Gunslinger II Pack

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just ordered the Eberlestock Gunslinger II...

Eberlestock Gunslinger II.png

The G2 is the latest evolution of the original GS05M Gunslinger pack, and both are in wide use by elite military, police, and civilians all over the world -- snipers, marksmen, and regular folks who appreciate the overwhelming utility and versatility of this product. It's a mid-sized pack with a full-width scabbard to better accommodate weapons with larger cross-sections or bulky optics. The wide scabbard also allows it to serve as an excellent laptop or military radio compartment, and because it's also wide at the bottom, users have the option of carrying weapons butt-down or butt-up. Like the G4 Operator pack, it features both front loading and top loading features, giving exceptional versatility and flexibility of use

The newest version of the G2 comes standard with our Intex-II frame system. The Intex-II is an Eberlestock innovation; it out-performs both traditional external frames and internal frames, and has the best qualities of both: the structure of an external frame without the noise and with minimal weight, and the close-ride and comfort of an internal frame pack. The Intex-II adds a new level of support and stability to the Gunslinger II, making it a compact and tough heavy-load capable pack. It can be interchanged with our Endo frame, as well as more compact, softer frames (sold separately and coming soon), or can simply be removed, which effectively reverts the pack back to the traditional G2 platform.

The scabbard of the G2 folds into the bottom of the pack and is secured by a buckle. This configuration is good for shorter weapons and other gear; it also makes the scabbard a great place to carry a laptop computer.
Also note the side handles; these make it easy to get the loaded pack out of a vehicle, and for mounting the pack with a heavy load.
Heavy duty compression straps cause the pack to ride quiet and tight, and it can be compressed completely flat. In this photo, they are routed through the scabbard compression loops, which allows you to selectively compress the scabbard.

The new Intex-II frame system on the Gunslinger II has all of the benefits of a solid frame pack while offering the comfort and close to body fit of a more traditional pack.

The pack includes the GSTC Butt Cover, with pull-out sleeve. This allows you to fully enclose a rifle up to 60" long.

The top pocket assembly features a handy internal organizer, with several small pockets, pen holders, and a padded pocket which serves equally well for AR mags or for a smart phone, compact radios, and similar items.

http://www.eberlestock.com/G2 Gunslinger II.htm

Should be here in a week or so. I'll use it for range trips and travel for now, but will put it to some more serious use on backpacking trips planned for this coming fall. I'll update with a preliminary review and photos once it arrives and post back with updates after I'm able to put it through some paces...

looks like a good quality and versatile pack, the only thing I cant see is how accessible the rifle is ? Looks like something cool for hiking into a hunting camp or something

Here you have to have it in a case outside of hunting hours was hoping to use it to hike in before daylight I worry about how much can you really get in it

At 2700 cubic inches internal volume i was actually worried about it being a bit too big for the average 1-2 night backpacking trips. It's expandable and the compression straps look like they really pull it in tight in some photos. The specs can be a bit deceiving, so I'm really looking forward to getting it my hands and start packing it to see what all will actually fit...

looks like a good quality and versatile pack, the only thing I cant see is how accessible the rifle is ?

The top cover is removable, so when open the rifle is completely accessible. Here's a good pic of the scabbard in use...

Looking at that pic, it looks big enough to need a pack mule :)

Looking at that pic, it looks big enough to need a pack mule :)

I had a response all typed up, then I remembered this was a family forum. :D

All kidding aside, at just over 8lbs it's a bit on the heavy side but for the overall design versatility and durability of the 1000 denier nylon it's worth the extra weight to me...

I had a response all typed up, then I remembered this was a family forum. :D

LOL I know what you're sayin'

All kidding aside, at just over 8lbs it's a bit on the heavy side but for the overall design versatility and durability of the 1000 denier nylon it's worth the extra weight to me...

Long as it works for you, that's all that matters

huh, I have never considered the weight of a pack....just the stuff in it. Put a 45 pound plate in it and hike !

I never much cared either.

Grew up slinging hay bails and 50lb bags of horse chow since before I could get my arms around 'em. If there are things I need to carry, I carry 'em. This Gunslinger II just seems like a great pack to put 'em in...

Got the pack in a couple weeks or so ago, but just made time to take some pics. These pics are focused on the pack's scabbard with the internal compartments fully compressed. I'll post up another group of pics later down the road with more focus on the inside and compartments. Was a bit concerned with the size before it arrived, but I have to say that I am extremely happy with the dimensions. Threw my 16.5" carbine in the photos for scale...

This is one extremely well built pack. The removable aluminum frame is visible in the photo above. It keeps the shape rock solid. The frame really helps support the weight and evenly distribute the load. In addition to the top carry/drag handle, the pack has handles on both sides...

The contact surfaces on the back side are well padded. The thick padding is very comfortable and the open center allows air to flow easily and helps reduce sweating. The support belt is well padded and the chest strap helps keep the pack riding nice and tight without much movement at all...

The bottom of the scabbard folds into the middle and is held secure with a buckle...

One quick unsnap opens it up for easy access. The back side at the bottom zips open to enable access to the muzzle or for cleaning debris...

The removable, adjustable butt cover is a great feature. It gives you the option to completely cover the weapon or leave it open for easy access...

The interior pulls out to accommodate longer rifles...

The top compartment has two mag pouches with elastic retention as well as open pockets for pens, a shot log, or whatever else one needs to carry. There's a large zippered compartment as well. Plenty of room for most range gear...

The front zipper is waterproofed and the smaller padded compartment is perfect for a flashlight, energy bar, or whatever else you need to carry...

Eberlestock does a great job on finishing. All stitching is very clean and the pack is just all around well put together. You can definitely see why their bags deserve the premium price compared to many others out there...

The shoulder straps are secured in the center using a ladder system that allows them to be adjusted up or down as needed...

...and here are some pics of the scabbard in use with the 16.5" AR...

The carbine easily fits in the scabbard with the EOTech and with the mag inserted. The pistol grip rides just over the shoulder and it's an easy reach for removal...

The buckles that secure the butt cover in place can be snapped together to secure over the magazine and the optic. The rifle barely moves at all...

...and with the butt cover secured in place...

Releasing the bottom of the scabbard allows the rifle to drop down further and is almost completely covered...

...and now completely enclosed using the butt cover...

I didn't know that it had a frame. Having been a former scout, I know first hand the huge benefit that a frame makes.

Nice rig LES !!

,,,,,now lets get some stain on that deck.;)

Thank you Sir.

Just rebuilt the bottom section of my deck two weeks ago. Need to let the treated lumber dry for at least three months before I apply any stain or sealer. As humid and wet as fall and winter are here in TN it'll likely be next spring before I do anything to it...

Back