• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Federal XM193 on SALE!

Well my friend I am going to tell you straight up the way I see it. It all depends on what you are doing. All the twist rate talk and grains are for target shooters. I have shot probably every available to the public ammo from my mini. It all shoots well, some hits harder than others. If I were shooting competitively I probably would take into account the twist as it pertains to bullet weight. But as it is I am happy to be combat accurate and I haven’t found a round it doesn’t perform good center mass shots, including the cheapest steel case ammo I can find. The only reason I buy brass ammo for my mini is so I can reload and I want as much reloadable brass as I can get just for options. I am happy shooting steel case ammo…It is fact that it doesn’t shoot as well as nicely loaded brass case American ammo but it shoots accurate enough to kill at distances I would shoot with a carbine. Don’t read too much into the internet bench shooting experts.

Thats what I needed to hear! :D I like the straight talk Oli cuz its easy to get hung up on hype...

Yeah man, I dont expext the Mini to be long range sniper accurate, I expect carbine accuracy, and I may play around with 100 yard shots, but also something simple enough Allison can use it. I dont need bullet drop compensation optics, irons are fine, but maybe some magnification if we shoot longer.

Apologies, I've moved this thread way off topic.

Hey did you hear the Federal XM193 is on sale! :D

Back