What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Getting Ready to meet up with Nitesite

honkey

.270 WIN
I'll be meeting up with Nitesite tomorrow at our local public range. I had to get some work done first...

I am not quite to my goal of having 1000 rounds of all my ammo in each caliber ready at all times, but I think in this picture, I have around 400. It is all 230 grain TCFP. I think I worked out some issues I was having with my OAL being too long, but my RIA needs a new magazine. It seems to feed the ammo fine with the mag that came with my Springfield, but the ActMag is really finicky.

That's awesome meeting up with a fellow MO member. Let's have a range report!

I'm packed and ready. And I'm leaving early, like in twenty minutes. Looks like rain around late morning....

I'm excited!

This was such a great event meeting and shooting with honkey again!

We had pretty good weather and we got to shoot for about three hours together. honkey has some really damn fine guns.... including among others some 1911s, a Ruger .22, and one incredibly sweet Winchester .44 Magnum lever gun with a short "brush country" barrel that he let me shoot and it was so effin' amazing!

I also enjoyed seeing all of his other new acquisitions since our last meeting. Man, the 1911s were awfully nice. (The Winchester Rifle you STOLE from that gunshop, honkey... )

And he's a very talented reloader. What he brought and shot was accurate and there were no failures. Good stuff. And he can put a shine on tumbled brass like nobody's business!!! We had a really nice trading session between us of lead and bullets and brass and other shooting stuff!!! Wow!!! Oh, and some crafted brew from his professional career at a real life brewery went into my car.

I took some "Oli700 SLUGS" aka "WIDOWMAKERS" that I had made up and he got to shoot them side by side against some Federal Tactical Tru-Ball Reduced Recoil 1-0z slugs. He was dead nutz on target with both and hopefully he can chime in with his impressions.

Anyway, we had a bunch of guns to choose from in chamberings that ran the gamut from .22LR to .223/5.56, 9mm, .38-Spl, .357 Magnum, 10mm, and lots and lots of .45 Auto, plus .44 Magnum and 12-ga so I was incredibly happy to be able to shoot each and every gun!!!!

We met a mom and dad with the kids along who were so nice that they were picking up my brass and returning it to me! They were really terrific people and I loved seeing them intruducing their pretty young kids to safe and fun shooting.

I love those days kind of days with all the gamut of firearms, most of my buddies don’t want to shoot too much these days, can’t say a blame them. Sounds like a great day shooting !

,,,,sounds like and looks like you guys had a great day. :D
don't forget to give us a report on honkeys brew. :lol:

Man, that was a blast. Shooting Nitesite's CZ-75 may have been the highlight of my morning. SWEET gun! Oli's slugs were dead on accurate and easy on the shoulder.

This was actually my first time shooting the lever gun. I had been told that 300 grain bullets wouldn't work well, but they seemed to be fine (at least to 25 yards) It is a lot of fun to shoot, but when nitesite reminded me how expensive that ammo is, I started thinking of how much fun it will be when I am using reloaded ammo.

We need to do it again and not wait a year between meetings this time!

Man, that pile 'o guns and ammo looks like the makings of a memorable day!

Great to see you two had the chance to get together again. Glad you had a great time...

Wasn't the married lady in the camo next to us a hoot?

She wasn't afraid to just walk over and start talking and pointing and asking and she SURE wasn't shy about shooting anything, even the big 12-gauge and the AR. I really liked those folks.

She could talk guns like a real troop!!!!

Oli, honky shot them widowmakers like a SWAT veteran...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Man, that pile 'o guns and ammo looks like the makings of a memorable day!

Great to see you two had the chance to get together again. Glad you had a great time...

Actually, we moved the bulk of our ammo off the bench before we took any pics...

I wouldn't doubt that we had thousands of rounds just stacked up, a LOT of it was honkey's. He's crazy I tell you. He brought so much .45 ammo that it was in beer pitchers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That lady was hilarious. She loved that shotgun. I really liked watching the kids shoot the AR. I wish I had gotten into shooting as a kid like they are! You wouldn't guess it now, but probably about two years ago I was still afraid of guns and probably would have been supportive of these laws being discussed since I was so ignorant about guns.

I thought the pitcher was a good idea! I just got some huge pretzel jars to store my ammo from now on.

Today was a classic example of not saving money by reloading. You don't save a lot if you shoot 5 times as much ammo than you would have if you were buying factory rounds.

honkey said:
Today was a classic example of not saving money by reloading. You don't save a lot if you shoot 5 times as much ammo than you would have if you were buying factory rounds.

Yeah, you were banging away with those 1911s like you had .22LR conversion kits on them.

The good thing was, each .45 round you fired probably cost you less than a dime to make so it was as cheap as a .22 to shoot.

That's awesome that you guys met up and had such a great time. Thanks for the range report.