• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all.Clear skies and 28 this morning. We have a slight south wind which should warm things up nicely later this morning. Enjoying my first cup of coffee and contemplating my day.

I'm thinking of running to Atwoods, they are like Tractor Supply. I need some new overalls and I know they have them. The dilemma is that they also carry guns and knives,LOL. I'd just have to hurry in and out, no looking around.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Mornin....it's a chilly 17 degrees out. grand kiddo just woke up. so my day is full to the brim.

@meanstreak , one can never have too many knives....

Good morning all.Clear skies and 28 this morning. We have a slight south wind which should warm things up nicely later this morning. Enjoying my first cup of coffee and contemplating my day.

I'm thinking of running to Atwoods, they are like Tractor Supply. I need some new overalls and I know they have them. The dilemma is that they also carry guns and knives,LOL. I'd just have to hurry in and out, no looking around.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Didja get one?

Good morning all. 30 and clear with a light breeze from the south.

I'm going to take in the gun show today, not necessarily to buy but just walk around a look. It's a good reason to get out of the house. It keeps me from watching the damn TV as well. I might even see someone I now there.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Since it is Sunday I will take the time to thank God that my daughter working at the IRS is getting paid again, and I won't be sending her my spare cash. Also Judy's first party since the Home Remodeling was last night, so that is (I say, with much relief) over and done with.

The heat is really offa me for a while now. I finished the under-cabinet lights and got them working in time for Judy.

The small one was easy:
20190124_105847_resized.jpg
20190124_131320_resized.jpg

The other two, not glued yet...
20190124_131134_resized.jpg

mocking up the big one:
20190124_203007_resized.jpg

14264.jpeg

Lamps lit:
14265.jpeg
I didn't caulk them to the underside of the cabinets and there are little light "leaks" all around. I need some brown sealant.

I also cleaned up all 9 aquariums and set up some ivy planters to help treat the water. I cleaned up the garage so I could park the car there and work on my bike. I also worked on our Rock Garden and cleaned up some old detritus.

I cleaned up my work area out back a bit, and moved my boat and box trailer around, and can finally park my truck behind the gate. This is the first time in 30 years that I don't have vehicles in the driveway overnight!
(Thank you Jesus!)

The party was a big success, but the chile rojo was too spicy.

Today I will take Judy out for brunch and the movies. I've been going 16 hours a day for two days to get ready with this business, so it's time for a day of rest.

I hope you all get one too.

Good morning fellas. It's cloudy and warm this morning. 48 degrees and going to get a bit warmer before a cold front moves through this afternoon.

Cadd, that is looking good. Nice job.

Rip, not only did I not get anything else at the store, but I went to the gun show and didn't buy anything their either. Apparently the counseling is working, LOL.

Fellman, that's a nice picture, but man those temps are insane.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I took Judy to see the Green Book, which was very well done.

@ripjack13
I bought some brown Dap, which will be easier for me.

Waiting for message from shooting buddy & may go to the range today. I am still kinda burnt out, so not the greatest time to go.

I may just plink .22s and avoid long ranges today.

I hope you folks back east are keeping warm. It has been sunny here with just a bit of early fog, and only one night below freezing so far.

I was never out in temps below -41°F, but Baudette Mn got that cold every winter. Plus there was a wind offa the Muskeg.

For you southpaws, Muskeg is like a Tundra that thaws a little. Not quite permafrost.

Anyhow I used to deliver the AM paper in that. Too Much!

Fellman, that's a nice picture, but man those temps are insane.
Yeah.. i usually go out on the bacony to take pictures but the snow has driven me back. Today i didnt bother open the door and i took the pic through the window lol

I was never out in temps below -41°F, but Baudette Mn got that cold every winter. Plus there was a wind offa the Muskeg.

For you southpaws, Muskeg is like a Tundra that thaws a little. Not quite permafrost.

Anyhow I used to deliver the AM paper in that. Too Much!
Geez.. Btw, a lot of Swedes emigrated to Minnesota :) Personally i would have picked something warmer, like Arizona :laugh:

We moved from Phoenix to Duluth Mn! . . . in 1966. In the winter. Then to Baudette . . . in the winter.
:welcome: All Mn Swedes told jokes about the "Finlanders", but Norway got more respect. I have no idea what that was all about. Everybody played hockey and I just wanted to ride my skateboard because Duluth was a huge hill.

I live in California but I was never a surfer. Yet I did learn to surf in Lake Superior, in the summer of 1967.

I just don't care to live on the ocean at all, though I think it's nice to visit.

I lived through some cold weather in Nebraska. I think the coldest actual temp was probably -25 f. In December of '83 I do remember a cold snap when the high temp for 9 days in a row was below 0. We also did not get up to freezing for the whole month.

When I was flying for a living though we would fly to some very cold places, Bismark, Minneapolis, and such. The coldest I remember was a flight to Winnepeg one winter. I remember mechanics draining engine oil out of some C-46s that were parked there, freighters, so they could take the oil indoors to keep it warm.

Now in Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact, we rarely get into the teens, maybe a couple of nights each winter. When we do the news media goes bonkers as do the lifelong residents. And, if it snows over about 3 inches things get crazy on the roads.

:welcome: All Mn Swedes told jokes about the "Finlanders", but Norway got more respect. I have no idea what that was all about. Everybody played hockey and I just wanted to ride my skateboard because Duluth was a huge hill.
Its the opposite here. A lot of "Norway jokes" but very little about the Finns :)
I have no idea what it originates from, it has just always been there, as long as i can remember..

Last edited:
Now in Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact, we rarely get into the teens, maybe a couple of nights each winter. When we do the news media goes bonkers as do the lifelong residents. And, if it snows over about 3 inches things get crazy on the roads.
Sounds like when it snows in Stockholm :laugh:3 inches of snow would make mainstream media go nuts "oh-dear-the-death-storm" "panic-its-snowing-god-help-us" etc. etc. haha Well, a bit, excessive.. but you get the picture ;)

Sounds like when it snows in Stockholm :laugh:3 inches of snow would make mainstream media go nuts "oh-dear-the-death-storm" "panic-its-snowing-god-help-us" etc. etc. haha Well, a bit, excessive.. but you get the picture ;)

It's like that here in Connecticut every winter.
7228.gif

AAAAAAAA IT'S GUNNA SNOW!!! OMG OMG OMG.
GOTTA GET THE BREAD AND MILK BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES!!!!

Back