• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning just woke up,its 12:41am. Schools were closed for,Tuesday. Wife had been having some work classes down in Atl that were also canceled due to,impending tetowaki snow,and ice weve been warned of,for a week... Its 46 degrees and rather nice on my porch, currently ????? Maybe later tommorow the fun will,commence

Hey DJ. I was thinking about you Monday. The temps got up to near 60 in afternoon and I thought I'd take the Kaw to Fort Mtn for fun. But temps were just a little low to take that long of a trip I thought. So I called my neighbor. He just got back from a cruise... Chile, Antarctica, Argentina, and fly back to Chattanooga. For the last month I had his Dyna parked in my garage. I thought maybe he'd like a short test ride. So I let him lead. We went 66 miles on a loop to the north. Hee, Hee. My round trip south to Chatsworth would have been 66! I'll catch you another day, I promise. I'll give you plenty of notice tho'.

Next 7 days the weather forecast sux. Highs in mid 40s at best. Bike stays in the garage. :oldman:

@Scoop if ya get chance look at route from Dalton to Rocky Face to Villanow thru sugar Valley to Calhoun. Its my Sunday drive home from church pretty nice route for a ride one day. Not sure what ya ride ??? If duelsport I could guide ya thru the forest dirt route really nice.

Good moring all. Clear skies and 22 this morning. The high today should be mid 40s again. This is like a heat wave compared to what my sons are having in Omaha these days. My g/f has family and friends in Cedar Rapids, Ia. They are in the freezer this week as well. They ,CR, are -30 for a couple of nights and below zero for about 72 hours. I remember times like that when i lived in Omaha. I do not miss them.

We are supposed to be in the low to mid 60s Saturday and right near 70 Sunday. I think the Nomad will get out for a ride this weekend, probably Sunday. Then again, it would also be a nice day to get out and do some shooting. Or both, LOL.

You all have a great day and be safe.

This is what I ride... Kawasaki 500R Ninja... NOT dirt or gravel friendly in MY hands.
P9022740.jpg

[Photo archive available thru courtesy of Hooligan Cruisers]

:mornin:

Mornin fellas. I'm enjoying a nice cup of my super secret special blend of coffee. Ok....fine. It's just a Maxwell house and Caribe espresso mix. That's my daily coffee mix. The weekend coffee mix is much much better.

It's a chilly 20 ° start up here. Stay warm....

This is what I ride... Kawasaki 500R Ninja... NOT dirt or gravel friendly in MY hands.
P9022740.jpg

Nope , that aint gonna make it up n over johns mtn better take 136 around it.
lol

Last edited:
LOL Rent a truck! It's so cold back east I get cold watching the news about it. I would not start out on a motorcycle trip in January anymore.

Now that I can afford a fancy snowmobile I wouldn't want one. LOL I remember getting them stuck and digging them out.

The though of going ice fishing hasn't occurred to me in over 45 years.

My garage is insulated. a lot. and heated. I find it increasingly unappealing to leave the comforts of home for adventures.

P9022740.jpg

Scoop, I knew a guy in Nebraska had a Vulcan 500, same motor I think. Last I knew, 10 years ago, it had 215,000 miles on the meter. Great motors.

Good morning all. Sunny skies and 20 this morning. It's not all that cold, but it's cold enough fer me. The high today will only be mid 30s, then we start a warming trend again.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning all, our end of,world winter blizzard never came, but at least all the townies stocked up on bread and milk biahahahahaha. Its about 33 and sunshine have a guest pup for,training few days. 3 pups 5 months old,is an exercise in hearding cats.. Love it
Y'all stay safe ..enjoy your,day.0129191215a_HDR.jpg

Good morning everyone. 23 and clear skies this morning. The next four days get warmer and warmer with Sunday reaching 70. I can take that.

DJ, looks like those pups were rarin to get after it. How'd they do ?

Ya'll have a great day and stay vigilant.

Low 20s, this morning but sunshine, expecting nice day. Rumor is we headed to mid 60s by the weekend. I have contracted some type of crud sore throat stuffy heaf etc.... Dieting on Theraflu w/honey and a dash of Maker's... I make a horrible sick person. Y'all stay well out there.

@meanstreak the pups are amazing, endless energy for sure, I have a super solid recall on them now, my most insisted on skill in a working dog. They each have strong hunt drive good sniffers and they are all pointing not perfect not solid but they getting it sorted out. They all are fine around gunfire now. Yesterday we mostly worked fetch after gunshots
(retrieving but dont tell them, they think its fun:giggle:)

Last edited:
Speaking of temperatures..
Just found the low record for Sweden, that was set in feb 2nd 1966 with –52,6 ºC ( -62,3 F )
My mother remembers -44 C ( -47 F ) once
Personally i have slept in a tent at -32 C ( -26 F ) haha.. nuts

I hate winter ! I envy many of you...

Last edited:
I have 6 heated aquariums in my office, and it stays warmer than the rest of the house. Also zero static electricity, because the humidity stays high in the winter.
In Minnesota we had a humidifier running all winter.

Evening guys. . . .

I was supposed to work on a car for a friend today, and he called about 5 hours late to say he came down sick and couldn't come over.

Anyhow I spent a perfect sunny day waiting and cleaning out my garage.

I uncovered the motorcycle and tightened the battery up, but I did not start it. The battery is 9 years old, and might not get me home if I shut the engine off.

Hmmm...how much did it cost me to keep the bike on a Battery Tender every day for 9 years?

Back