• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good afternoon guys. Today was range day and I left too early to wake you all up.
I took lots of ammo and spent lots of time yakking.

I also made a deal to buy a used Blackhawk .44 mag revolver from some old cowboy.

Single action with two sets of grips and a box of ammo, for $250 (+state reg $35) and I have to wait 10 days.
I think it's a "Hunter" but I'm not sure. I'll look up the serial no tomorrow.

This is a beautiful piece for $250 and I couldn't pass it up. I shot it without issue, but not so for the seller. When he came to offer me the revolver it was with blood on his lip and forehead. He had been shooting from a chair and the gun got loose and wacked him, with both the hammer and foresight. In the face. OUCH! He says, "I'm through with this gun!"

It's got a light trigger, for sure. But not a hair trigger.

This Black Rabbit?
I dunno, but if it is black, tranz, and troublesome it could be "problematic."

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Our dipstick California governor Gavin Newsome is now suddenly aghast that Californians could be paying up to 30 cents a gallon more than people in other states.
He doesn't know we've been paying a dollar a gallon more for 91 octane than most other states? For years now, on and off?
Because prices fluctuate.
We have the highest fuel usage of any state, and most foreign countries.
Supply and demand! It's the basic economics Governor Dipstick hasn't mastered yet.

I paid $2.09 for 87 the other day. I think it was a week ago. Every time I go to Omaha the price is 20-30 cents a gallon more than Oklahoma. Back 10-15 years ago when I was flying to the east and west coasts on a regular basis the NYC area and LA were a couple of dollars higher than the midwest.

It's ironic, those are the same places that want to tell those of us elsewhere we use too much.

Oh, by the way, a belated good morning to all.

Hey meanie. ;)
The cheapest gas within 2 miles of me is over $3.50 & $4.29 for 91 octane.

I did the papers on the Ruger today and coughed up some cash.
It is a 7.5" Super Blackhawk .44 mag, new model. Dirty but shootable.

I still didn't get a photo of it, but I did get the stock grips and 39 rounds.
1571868802007240983218.jpg

Good morning all. Rain has been falling off and on for 36 hours now. Currently it's 47 with a high forecast to be 50 today. The weather folks say the total here could be a couple of inches when it ends.

Driving to the grocery yesterday I passed a couple of stations that had 87 for $2.12 and 91 was about $2.35.

Cadd, did the price for the Blackhawks include the caisson as well ? That could qualify as field artillery, lol.

You all have a great day.

@meanstreak It's not really much heavier than my 357 Magnum but I was so excited about buying that .44 that I forgot to post to range report.

This was shot with my handloads, 218 yards, on a warm sunny day with no wind.

I've marked this in a confusing manner, but the five shots closest to the bullseye were 75 grain projectiles. Three other groups of five were shot with 69 grain projectiles and there is one Cold Shot along the lower right.
16627.jpeg

These were shot from sandbags with the Savage .223 Mark 12 Varminter, and I used 25 grains of Varget in all cases.

I thought the 69 grain projectiles would be more accurate but even on a calm day they were not.

I made three adjustments to the scope while shooting this one target.

The scope was the Steiner G23.

Good morning . The rain has ended. It started Wednesday evening and finally ended sometime this morning. We did not have any storms here, just light rain and a few showers from time to time. From the looks of my makeshift rain guage I think we had about 3 inches total. It was a real soaker.

Cadd, nice shootin. I really need to get out and shoot. Practice is the key.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Cadd, nice shootin. I really need to get out and shoot. Practice is the key...

Good Morning and Thank You Meanie.

The 75 gn .223 has been the best projectile for this gun so far, but I haven't scored any 78gn yet.
The .223 record formula I'm trying to match was done with 78 gn Barnes BT projectiles.
It was also done with a different gun, so there's no telling how well it will go.

Still no rain here for months. It has not rained once since we tore down the chimney and re-shingled in mid May.
None predicted either, which is a shame because of the forest fires going on.

They are still fighting large fires, thousands of homes have burned, and fortunately for us in places quite remote.

I haven't seen that in a long time, Fellmann.

It's just a bit windy here today, but other parts of California are getting some pretty high winds.
Up to 75 mph around Frisco and Marin.

A belated good morning fellas. It's 70 and sunny here with about 10 mph wind out of the southeast. A beautiful day for sure.

I don't wanna stir things up, but here in Oklahoma I could be the proud new owner of either of those and take them home in about 30 minutes. It's one of the few benefits of living here. The other one I can think of is the relatively mild winter weather. Since I spent the majority of my life north of here this seems like much nicer winters here. There must be other benefits, but I can't think of any right now. LOL.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good Monday morning folks. Cloudy and 47 with a very light mist in the air. Looks like a not so nice week in store for us. More rain predicted, maybe up to two inches in the next couple of days. It seems like it just quit.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

@fellmann I don't think you can buy a new Glock in California. Well, there might still be one model on the roster.

I've been working on my split forestock for the 500 shotgun, and I've got it well glued and re-finished, but I want to fiberglass the inside.

I have the epoxy but cannot find my glass cloth.
I gotta go tear thru the garage or buy more.

Back