• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Thanx Meanie. Closest big damage area about 70 miles NW of me. The line that carried the storms came thru our place about 6am EST. Started w/ a big boom of thunder that woke me up... on clap only. Then a bunch of heavy rain for about 15-20 minutes, followed by rapid falloff and clearing skys. Rest of day was bright, sunny, dry, warm [70 hi]... a great summer day.

Good morning all. Should be another nice day here. We are having springlike weather this week. The weekend is shaping up to be very nice.

Scoop, glad to hear you are ok. We have a couple of friends that moved to the Nashville area about 3 years ago, they told us yesterday they managed to sleep through the storms. They were originally from west Texas, then spent many years in Oklahoma, so they are somewhat familiar with tornado season. They are scary though no matter how many times one has been around them.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good Morning Folks.

I'm was freaking a bit last night, as I heard a news report that a tornado "cut a 10 mile swath thu Nashville."
At first I imagined it was totally wiped out, but I now see the path was 10 miles long. Evidently not 10 miles wide. The photos this AM are still pretty grim.

It's going to be another lovely day here in Central California. The back has recovered 90% & I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done in the boatyard yesterday. I put together a steel rack to hold long pipe, conduit etc. I filled a 90gal container with twigs and leaves, packed tight. I moved &/or started sorting thru my old car/boat/MC/tractor/etc parts. I moved shingles and junk. I dreamed about having a place to weld . . .

I'm still working on my shed design. There's a drain right in the way, so I need to cap it. The shed will render it moot, having changed the runoff pattern. I've wasted time trying to work around it, but it's simply not an issue. Elon Musk says we waste a lot of time improving things we shouldn't do at all.

Color me guilty.

Good morning everyone. 37 and sunny skies, heading for the high 60s. I think spring has arrived in Oklahoma. Yay.

Cadd, you sure stay busy, LOL. That's what happens when we have "free time".

If I hadn't mentioned it we named the puppy Bentley, no particular reason. He has gained about 6 pounds in two weeks. He is 18 pounds now and always hungry. I'm not sure he is really a dog though. I think he might be some sort of mini robot tank camouflaged as a puppy.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Hungry is normal. Not hungry is time to worry.
Mine eat like 50 hp wood chippers.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It's another lovely day in the World of Confusion.
Maybe as high as 80F today. :)

I will be 65 in a month.
Today I must go to the DMV and renew my license. I must also get the Real ID, so I have to prove I'm a real citizen.
Time to go dig out the paperwork and get ready for the ordeal.

Y'all Have a good 'un!

Good morning everyone. Looks like another chamber of commerce day for us. Clear skies, low humidity, and temps in the mid to high 60s. The weekend looks even better.

I think we are going to the lake tomorrow morning our marina is having the annual welcome back shindig. They do it every March to get folks together after the winter. It'll be nice to see friends again.

I hope you all have a great day and a better weekend.

Another lovely SJV morning here, Mossberg Owners.
I should go to the lake too, or at least go skating, but too much to do here.

@meanstreak Are you taking Bentley boating?

The DMV is an ordeal in California, as everywhere.
Having an appointment simply means you have an appointment to stand in line.

3 times.

Fortunately, our DMV is small and on the outskirts. They're not so busy and I was done in an hour.

Anyhow, more cleaning up for me today. I can't believe how many useless things I have collected.
Out to the trash I say!

I never mention how hard my lovely wife works to keep up the house and all her flowers etc.
As much as I manage to do, she makes me feel a bit lazy.

I guess I should get at it.

before pic of the glove...

0306201717_HDR.jpg

after pic of the glove....been workin it with mink oil and beating the snot out of it all week and most of last week.

0306201717a_HDR.jpg

it's getting softer. but still needs more.

Scoop, good to hear you were sparred the storm.
@LAZY EYED SNIPER lives there in the path, and thankfully hes been sparred as well.
lots terrible things happend. too bad it happens, but you cant tell mother nature what to do.
Thanx Meanie. Closest big damage area about 70 miles NW of me. The line that carried the storms came thru our place about 6am EST. Started w/ a big boom of thunder that woke me up... on clap only. Then a bunch of heavy rain for about 15-20 minutes, followed by rapid falloff and clearing skys. Rest of day was bright, sunny, dry, warm [70 hi]... a great summer day.

I was thinking of taking a welding course. I know I'm good at it, and it was fun. I used to weld in Cali when I was working on the sets. Although not properly trained. Maybe something cool to do till I retire. Bench work welding with tig at Pratt & Whitney would be nice....

Good Morning Folks.

I'm was freaking a bit last night, as I heard a news report that a tornado "cut a 10 mile swath thu Nashville."
At first I imagined it was totally wiped out, but I now see the path was 10 miles long. Evidently not 10 miles wide. The photos this AM are still pretty grim.

It's going to be another lovely day here in Central California. The back has recovered 90% & I got a lot of cleaning and organizing done in the boatyard yesterday. I put together a steel rack to hold long pipe, conduit etc. I filled a 90gal container with twigs and leaves, packed tight. I moved &/or started sorting thru my old car/boat/MC/tractor/etc parts. I moved shingles and junk. I dreamed about having a place to weld . . .

I'm still working on my shed design. There's a drain right in the way, so I need to cap it. The shed will render it moot, having changed the runoff pattern. I've wasted time trying to work around it, but it's simply not an issue. Elon Musk says we waste a lot of time improving things we shouldn't do at all.

Color me guilty.

Good morning you all. It's sunny and about 40, a nice day but we could have wind gusts approaching 40 mph this afternoon.

No boating Cadd, the boat has been sold. We weren't using it enough to justify keeping it. We do get invites to go out with others from time to time. When we do we buy the fuel for them or supply the drinks for the afternoon.

Rip, those pics of the ball glove brings back some wonderful memories. That glove had to be soft and pliable to trap anything that entered . As a kid that ball glove was my cherished possession.

Well, best get along for now. Have a great weekend everyone.

I realized I'm ridiculously out of shape. I was doing stuff in the yard and I was sore too quick. I need to lose a few pounds. Ok, maybe 40. I've been doing stuff inside my shop/garage. I need to clean out the old shed to make room for the new bigger shed, then a bunch of stuff from the garage can go into it. That will free up the garage to use as my shop. The new shed will take about 12 weeks to get made and delivered. But first I need to get rid of the old one. And make a pad for it.
Lots to do, lots to do....

I need to go back a few pages and read up to see what kind of shenanigans you guys have been up too.

Good morning everyone. Clear skies and 46 degrees with a south wind about 10 mph. Mid 60s this afternoon and the winds pick up.

We have some company coming over about noon. That should pretty much take care of the day.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. The weather continues to be lovely and during the day I am even getting a rare bit of Sun Tan Outdoors.

Evidently, we sprang forward while sleeping, making me feel a bit behind the times this AM.

Yesterday was totally dedicated to working on the garage and it is very slowly getting nicer. Going through all my stuff I find I have at least 4 large cardboard boxes of assorted copper wire, which I have saved for various electric projects.

Over the past 18 years I have piled up boxes and stuffed things in corners and now I am paying the price for all of that neglect. My pile of things to recycle is growing larger and the garbage cans are mostly full.

But it's all looking up and it will be done in short order.

Have a nice Sunday, and don't let things pile up on you the way I do!

Howdy everyone. 60 today sometime but it is nice outside now. I may break out the new flyrod soon and go look for bluegills. My palate says it's time.

Good Monday morning to all of yous. It's 58 and raining, been raining steadily all night. It has been a nice soaker.

Well, the puppy is asleep at my feet. He gets up about 7 am these days. He goes out, comes back in and eats, goes out again, comes back in and finds a spot to take a nap.Not a bad routine at all.

I suppose today I should go to the grocery and get a few items. Hopefully it won't be too crowded with panicked crazies.

I hope you all have a great day.

Morning Folks.
We might still get some light rain, but it all passed north of us. Not even a drip of the projected drizzle.

Sunday was mainly spent lounging around. I don't want to aggravate my back.
I did some light work at the bench, and hooked up my garage PC again.

My old streaming blu-ray player was misbehaving, so I bought a new one and have been using the old one in the garage.

It kept stalling on long downloads, and I think the chip is overheating.
I ventilated the case, which helped, so I took the case off, which maybe helped more.
It appears that the main processor has a tiny heatsink and no fan, so I will attempt to tap into it's 5vdc+ USB power to run a tiny fan on a bigger heatsink from an old PC.
I need to remove the existing heatsink without damaging anything. I'm hoping it can be done with fishing line.
It might have thermal epoxy, but more likely has a less effective adhesive patch.

I hope.

Anyhow I think I will avoid heavy work today. Lots of little things to sort in the garage.

Our dogs will often howl and bark at night. My wife will try to shut them up, but I rarely do. I actually kind of like it. I know they're on the job.

Nothing ever worse than a stray possum here, but everybody's got dogs in the burbs.
My strange lot borders 4 other properties plus our local doggie promenade or "green belt".
3 folks across the street all have dogs.

If a sweaty fugitive walked into our street at 2AM there would be quite a chorus.

I wanna hear my cow dog wail in the night. The call of the wild . . .

Back