• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Morning Folks.
We might still get some light rain, but it all passed north of us. Not even a drip of the projected drizzle.

Sunday was mainly spent lounging around. I don't want to aggravate my back.
I did some light work at the bench, and hooked up my garage PC again.

My old streaming blu-ray player was misbehaving, so I bought a new one and have been using the old one in the garage.

It kept stalling on long downloads, and I think the chip is overheating.
I ventilated the case, which helped, so I took the case off, which maybe helped more.
It appears that the main processor has a tiny heatsink and no fan, so I will attempt to tap into it's 5vdc+ USB power to run a tiny fan on a bigger heatsink from an old PC.
I need to remove the existing heatsink without damaging anything. I'm hoping it can be done with fishing line.
It might have thermal epoxy, but more likely has a less effective adhesive patch.

I hope.

Anyhow I think I will avoid heavy work today. Lots of little things to sort in the garage.

Our dogs will often howl and bark at night. My wife will try to shut them up, but I rarely do. I actually kind of like it. I know they're on the job.

Nothing ever worse than a stray possum here, but everybody's got dogs in the burbs.
My strange lot borders 4 other properties plus our local doggie promenade or "green belt".
3 folks across the street all have dogs.

If a sweaty fugitive walked into our street at 2AM there would be quite a chorus.

I wanna hear my cow dog wail in the night. The call of the wild . . .

When I was laying over in Ramona, I lived just outside of town and walked in to get my dinner or whatever...I had to pass a house that had geese.. Talk about watchdogs. The owner came out one time and laughed. He said everyone they honk at gets a different tone or honk. He said he wouldn't need to look out anymore when he heard my honk. He would know who was passing by.

I asked him if I could toss them some kind of feed. he said, O hell no. That'll just make em worse...so I didn't. But it was hard.

Good morning everyone. 45 and cloudy. Looks like a good chance of more rain this evening. Definitely developing a spring like weather pattern here. We had a mild winter, but I am ready for the change.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Hey Guys . . .
Difficult night of arthritis pain. I got up about 3:30 and took some meds. Finally slept from about 7 to 10.

Fish are murdering each other today. I had to relocate one.
It's rained enough to dissuade me from washing my truck. I'm supposed to go tomorrow to look at a car, but much depends on the weather.

I had a big steak bone left over, so I cut up another steak and made steak chili. Still simmering . . . Mmmmm. . . .

I finally scrapped out my work PC from 1999. It was a really hot machine in its day. It was still adequate for my purposes, but the video card took a dump.
I swapped another in, and took out the network card, since I was running a Nano wireless device.

Unfortunately, windows decided I'd overstepped my office, and I should re-authorize Windows.
When that didn't work, I decided to just salvage the HDD and scrap the machine.

I have another PC to use in the garrage, and It too is a bit old, but I also have parts to upgrade it.
I have a streaming device there, but it doesn't run PC apps and it's overheating.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Cloudy and 58 degrees.

The puppy is sleeping till 7-7:30 every morning now. He sure is a live wire all day though. I wish I had so much energy. lol. He was 12 or 13 pounds when we brought him home 3 weeks ago and is 20 now. He should be about 60-65 when completely grown.

I am still working on the bathroom, I hate removing wallpaper but it needed to be done. Now to get all of the adhesive off, do some patching and sanding, then paint.

I wonder where Dj and Elbert are hiding these days.

I hope you all have a great day.

Been in limbo for a while... dealing with this and that..
Corona virus cases in Sweden have risen to 482 ( 128 just today )
I really hope my old mother ( 83 ) dont get it because i dont think she will make it :(

Anyway...

Got 800 rnds 9mm from a friend :D I got so happy i shot a hundred before taking the pic.
I have passed the 1000 rnd mark now with my Glock

20200229_012130_800.jpg

PPC shooting is.. sometimes ok. At 15 yards, groups can ( sometimes ) be good :D ( 2 x 6 rnds in 20 sec )

20200306_194756_800.jpg

We ( my town ) are known for our wood constructions ( bridges, houses etc. )
This time its a modern cultural building ( art, theater etc. and a hotel )
A group of Harvard architect students have visited the construction site :) And they seemed impressed
I pass by it every time im down town..

20200217_120240_1024.jpg

It will look someting like this..

0.jpg

Thats all folks :D

I'll be back....

Last edited:
Good morning folks, and, Don't Panic.
Panic is the 5th horseman.

Take the time to aim carefully . . . ;)

They say the average age of corona deaths is like 80 years old.
The real danger is that schoolkids will give it to us geezers.
We're not visiting the kids 'til 2021....

I'm 65 and today I'm going to help an 84 y.o. fellow fix his dunebuggy.

That's a different disease . . . ;)

It's a rainy morning here. A very rare rainy morning, and it followed a rainy night.
But it wasn't as much as hoped for. Water for farming will likely be expensive this year.
The truck is a bit cleaner. It only gets washed on special occasions.

I think some folks in the east have been getting weather in excess, so we might not hear from them until things calm down.

Good morning folks, and, Don't Panic.
Panic is the 5th horseman.

Take the time to aim carefully . . . ;)

They say the average age of corona deaths is like 80 years old.
The real danger is that schoolkids will give it to us geezers.
We're not visiting the kids 'til 2021....

I'm 65 and today I'm going to help an 84 y.o. fellow fix his dunebuggy.

That's a different disease . . . ;)

It's a rainy morning here. A very rare rainy morning, and it followed a rainy night.
But it wasn't as much as hoped for. Water for farming will likely be expensive this year.
The truck is a bit cleaner. It only gets washed on special occasions.

I think some folks in the east have been getting weather in excess, so we might not hear from them until things calm down.

Where I am in Iowa got some drippings yesterday but not a lot to worry about. Temps are good enuf to know spring has sprung, and fall has fell, winter's gone but it's cold as...
it was last year at this time. I am waiting for some big hooks to use for big catfish. Then I will go practice my cast netting and hopefully get some fresh fish to eat.

all you guys and gals have a good evening...it's time for me to slurp some soup.

Corona virus cases in Sweden have risen to 557 ( 57 just today ) ( 1:34 PM )

Trump-man stops flights from Europe to the US, beginning tomorrow. Sort of blaming us.. lol
You should realize how many undocumented cases you got...

Stay strong folks... be of good courage.. ( sounds like im citing sootch00 on Youtube :D )

I'll be back...

Last edited:
952f598af6b92b6a756a49d4c802eb43.png

Happy birthday, Cadd.

Good Morning Folks. No declared cases here, but they say mild cases are the same as any other mild case of cold or flu. You might not know.

Ya know, our president gets more bad press than Hitler and Stalin did, so I wouldn't pay much attention. 99% of it is just bad blood.

He spent his career shmoozing politicians and the media, to get his projects approved, so now Trump knows all the crooked politicians and media and their methods. They aim to control Trump because of their fear: he has the dirt on them. They don't want it known.
He's not really using it, because they would scream "vindictive" and cause even more trouble. Besides, it takes two to tango . . .

And as bad as the media treats Trump, it could be worse. They could make it worse and he knows it. So they toss insults and life goes on.

Yesterday, I went to help an old fellow in the Plymouth/Dodge club work on his cars. That's his B-series Dodge behind my Tacoma. But we actually worked on a Plymouth Suburban and an Empi Sportster.

trux01.jpg

Thats two nice cars there :)

You could have two birthdays.. one official and one.. uhm.. Mossberg Owner Birthday, and buy a cake just for you :D

Corona virus cases in Sweden have risen to 659 ( 159 just today ) ( 4:11 PM )

Some shelfs in the stores are getting empty.. i noticed that today at a supermarket

My understanding is that Swedish people are much healthier than Americans so I wouldn't be too concerned.

I live in the remote suburbs of California, which is the hotbed of obesity, sloth, depravity, diabetes, drug addiction, and strange eating habits.

Plus we have all these cruise ships and airplanes coming and going day and night and people driving across the border constantly from Mexico.

People should be dropping dead here like flies if this virus was a real problem in America.

Well scoop I'm afraid your admiration for me is 100% misplaced.

I'm not even a legend in my own mind.

But I will tell you that when I went to the DMV and walked into a room 80% occupied by short brown folks, I felt much taller than my normal 5 foot 10.

Back