• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy this morning as we had rain showers pass by a couple of hours ago. It's 70 with a high in the low 90s later. I imagine the humidity will be high as well.

We drove home from the lake yesterday afternoon. Thr traffic on the interstate was more than I had seen in months.

We had the president in town Saturday evening. The crowd was much smaller than what was expected but the protesters outside were peaceful. Anyways, I was at the lake so none of it affected me.

You all have a great day.

Mornin all. We got wet last night and it is getting wetter this am. Makes me want to stay in but I have to find some powder for making some pumped up loads for the new 357. Also, my 9mm needs something a bit more potent also. No one close seems to have any real selection so I may head for Iowa City to Scheels. They seem to be pretty well stocked most times. Not a huge deal. I have some partial cans of PewPew Powder but it is not for the heavy loads. I guess when I get there I will look in my manual and see what they have and see if I can use any of it. I need to get out anyway.

I found out why the Mag shot so soft when I was in MO. All my loads were stuffed with Trail Boss. Powder Poof loads. But a lot of fun.

Good day to all
h

Hombre, it's bad JuJu to have Trail Boss loads laying around. Shoot Em up and put those self defense loads back in!

I made up a bunch for the kids to shoot, but to me it's a waste of time. They won't touch the .44 or .45.
I decided that shooting poofy loads is not good training for shooting defense loads, which is the reason to train.

Unless you're just show-shootin'.
So I won't buy any more Trail Boss.

Also I thought it was very dirty. Much worse than the Clays shotgun powder in a .45 or .38.
I'm all for switchin' over to cleaner powders.

I bought some CFE223 and CFE pistol powder, but I hear it causes rifling erosion.
Damned if ya do and damned if ya don't?

Good morning everyone. It's cloudy this morning as we had rain showers pass by a couple of hours ago. It's 70 with a high in the low 90s later. I imagine the humidity will be high as well.

We drove home from the lake yesterday afternoon. Thr traffic on the interstate was more than I had seen in months.

We had the president in town Saturday evening. The crowd was much smaller than what was expected but the protesters outside were peaceful. Anyways, I was at the lake so none of it affected me.

You all have a great day.

I am glad there were no serious protests and fights. I was really expecting the worst for Tulsa. This is really wonderful.

Yeah, it was good for the most part. There was a large gathering about 10 blocks away celebrating Juneteenth. No problems there. The only bad thing was the mess left where the protesters had been. The local news said volunteers cleaned up the mess left after the Trump rally. It led one to believe that the rally goers left the mess. I think we know better.

Good morning everyone. 69 degrees presently.

The dog was whimpering at 3:30 am so I got up and let him out. He took care of business and we went back in. I could see occasional lightning to the west. I went back to bed at 4 and was hearing thunder. Got up with the dog again at 6:30. Looks. Like we had about an inch of rain. The storms were southeast of us by then. The rain was needed and appreciated. That might be the last we get for a week.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I woke up before the paper boy got here so there’s no telling what’s going on in the world.

Or at least the world of McClatchy propaganda. They want to blame the lack of polling places on the law that says you can’t politic in front of a polling place.

But in fact they are shutting polling places down because they are unwilling to remove the politicking posters of BLM.
that would be a hate crime and of course we cannot have a crime so therefore we must shut down the polling places and make everybody vote by mail.

If you want to see a lesson in the election stealing watch California in 2020.

By the way I just watched something very interesting as I was dictating, and my iPhone spelled Kalifornia with a K and then immediately changed it to a C. I guess it had to decide that I wasn’t a Kommunist first?

This is a $1500 propaganda machine in my hand and it’s not working for me, but they say to keep your enemies close and this is a view directly into his heart.

Thought for the Day

The problem is not people being uneducated. The problem is that they are educated just enough to believe what they've been taught, but not educated enough to question what they've been taught.

Regards

Good morning everyone. Clear and 70 in Tulsa.The high today, and for the next week, is supposed to be low to mid 90s. That seems about right to me.

Have a great day.

Hombre, it's bad JuJu to have Trail Boss loads laying around. Shoot Em up and put those self defense loads back in!

I made up a bunch for the kids to shoot, but to me it's a waste of time. They won't touch the .44 or .45.
I decided that shooting poofy loads is not good training for shooting defense loads, which is the reason to train.

Unless you're just show-shootin'.
So I won't buy any more Trail Boss.

Also I thought it was very dirty. Much worse than the Clays shotgun powder in a .45 or .38.
I'm all for switchin' over to cleaner powders.

I bought some CFE223 and CFE pistol powder, but I hear it causes rifling erosion.
Damned if ya do and damned if ya don't?

Cadd, I will use lead bullets with Trail Bos. I have a lot of lead to use and several more cans of trail boss to use. BUT, I got some powder for SD loads and a few boxes of bullets. JHP bullets for the 357 and 38. I am low on primers. Only 1100 spp left. When i get more primers i will be happy.

Good morning everyone. We are looking at 90s again this afternoon.

We're heading to the lake early this afternoon. Most likely the marina won't be too crowded, never is the week before the 4th of July.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day.

I was thinking that same thing but my neighbor just told me that the local lakes are packed already.

I’ve been hiding out at home staining wood for my living room.
A63A9499-D68B-4995-8E9D-0A1B5DD33227.jpeg

There’s a lot of blue light because I hung up some tarps over my junkyard to get out of the desert sun.

79C19A08-00DB-45E7-BDF1-FEFEDD36279B.jpeg

In any event it is supposed to be over 100° again today as per normal in the desert summer.

I am trying to get a professional awning sewn for my dog kennel, And a contractor to come build me a carport.

Everybody in California is busy as a beaver and you cannot find help of any kind.
The California labor pool has migrated through two other less expensive states and the border is essentially closed to new immigrants willing to work at crummy labor jobs.

D636A896-5981-451D-AE2E-94C60A1C4840.jpeg

The big fish eat the little fish and the slow fish, as per normal in the non-desert.

Have a nice day and stay out of the sun folks!

Good Sunday morning....hot, muggy and protests continue. The latest protests are over the statue of King Louis of France in our large public park, Forest Park, the namesake of St. Louis. Protestors demanding the closure of our medium security facility (which is in very bad condition). Went to City Hall and handed mayor list of demands. She, in turn, went on Facebook live in her daily briefing and read out the names and addresses and what they asked for. Now thre is a petition circulating to call for her resignation. Protestors in a particular community keep trying to paint "Black Lives Matter" on the public street outside police station.

And so it goes...

They should tear down the St Louis arch first. After all, in architecture the arch is the legacy of Roman slavers.

They were much more brutal than King Louis. I don’t think he ever crucified 10,000 slaves.

Or people could just learn to forgive and forget and go on with their lives as best we can.

But there ain’t nobody calling for forgiveness on the news these days.

Everybody wants to tear down the statue of Jesus and convert to Islam, Totally ignoring that Mohammed was a slaver.

We have idiot leaders in this nation who are more concerned about what color people imagine Jesus might be than why he was really here.

I'm taking the week off and am headed to the gun club in a few minutes.

Hot weather this week, looks like rain may ruin my shooting plans a few days this week.

As for local events, a mob/crowd of the usual suspects marched on our mayor's house yesterday, and in the high-end neighborhood a local power-couple personal injury lawyers came out of their house, he dressed in a pink polo shirt, and khakis, brandishing an AR-15, she holding a Walther chrome .38 handgun, pointing them at people as they marched down the street yelling and screaming.

Talk about the perfect poster children for everything the leftists hate and despise.

And as for their tactics and gun handling skills: what a couple of maroons as Bugs Bunny would say.

Oh, and by the way, have you guys checked online for 9mm ammo?

Holy crap...it is REALLY getting bad when you can't even find Russian steel case stuff in stock anywhere.

Good morning everyone. It's windy for the third day in a row. It's also 81 and very humid.

This will be a typical summer week, 90s and humid with a few showers here and there.

I think the protests have ended here, except for the news. These folks around here aren't really into sitting around watching a bunch of snowflakes sniveling and acting like 3 year olds that don't get their way.

Anyways, this is the good morning thread, so good morning again.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Today is scheduled for cleaning aquariums (mostly done) and shopping with my lovely wife.
She's the gal who rings my bell . . . and waters the garden.
This was the back "patio" 5 years ago. Clearing out the jungle of weeds etc.
judy_goofey.jpg

The same area today, lush and manicured, seen as a reflection in the glass of my patio tank.
spookfish.jpg

Back