• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning MO's!!

Got the garden in and flowers planted this weekend. Later than I wanted but uts done!

The lawn tractor died so had to borrow a push mower to cut mine and my mothers lawn. Damn thing only has 145 hours on it.

Tried repairing it but can't figure it out. Narrowed it down to carb but cant find a rebuild kit in stock and new carb is $200. Hate to have someone else work on it but just dont have any more time for it now. Temped to sell the damn thing and buy the zero turn I should have bough in the first place.

Good morning all of yous. 61 and cloudy this morning but sunshine should be with us this afternoon.

The flags stolen from the cemetary don't surprise me these days. We have many trying to tear this country apart from within, including the characters behind the curtain we call the Biden administration. They graced Tulsa with their presence yesterday. What a dog and pony show he is.

Jmm, that picture, the looks on those young faces, is so very powerful. I gotta believe they knew many would not make it. We owe it to them to uphold our part of the bargain.

I owe my Good Mornings to a lot of GIs that had a Bad Morning. Thank you.

J7JJ2CNJRVAVXBNFG7SC5EZT7E.JPG

D-Day-2019-meaning-1903138.webp

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Today I am patching a cracked fender with epoxy and fiberglass mat.

Fortunately, the repairs will be hidden, as both sides of the fender are hidden at that point.

It had cracked thru to the ragged steering shaft hole, where I indicate here.
E4786D27-EE06-4E59-9871-6AE08F16D136.png
After removing the fender, I started by cleaning up the cracked glass, then clamping the crack back into position and filling it with cyanoacrylate glue. I used polypropylene plastic sheets on each side of the crack so that the clamps and glue would not stick together.

Patch one is tiny. Just enough to reinforce the area around the crack against further necessary grinding.
6984A124-71BD-4749-8E0A-D7F8457B2B04.jpeg

I let that cure for two days and then feathered it out and applied patch number two, which is 10 times as large.

F3F5181C-B212-4557-A523-3DFA155EA10E.jpeg

A very late and belated good morning/afternoon. We drove home from the lake today. Had a few showers there this morning, but nothing like home did. We got about 3 inches before we arrived home. Just to the south of us, maybe 35 miles received 13+ inches of rain in about 10 hours. At 1 PM they were still performing water rescues. They had been ongoing for about 6 or 7 hours according to the news reports.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Morning MO's!!

Back in the office full time. No mask mandate for the vaccinated. Someone left cookies in the lunceroom for the first time in over a year....guess covid is officially over here.

A very late and belated good morning/afternoon. We drove home from the lake today. Had a few showers there this morning, but nothing like home did. We got about 3 inches before we arrived home. Just to the south of us, maybe 35 miles received 13+ inches of rain in about 10 hours. At 1 PM they were still performing water rescues. They had been ongoing for about 6 or 7 hours according to the news reports.

Ya'll have a great day.

You folks in Oklahoma sure get your share of weather. I saw a bit of that on the news but I didn’t know how bad it was.

Today I am changing a tie rod end on my truck. This is really only a one hour job if you’ve got everything set up or two hours if you don’t.
2D01F7AA-5D8E-4C23-9BCD-44729F99B184.jpeg
Because I am old I will allow it to take longer, even though I really was half set up.

Less than half of those wrenches were necessary. I just grabbed everything because I didn’t want to crawl in and out three times.

I wasn’t going to stoop to using a pipe wrench (there’s a special Toyota wrench for this.) but I ended up doing so anyway. The chain wrench was useless.

Anyhow it’s a beautiful day to work on your car here, so I’m probably gonna do some more of that later.

We do have a lot of variable weather here. I think Nebraska was even worse though.

Anyways, today is a beauty of a day and we are headed for warm and mostly dry for a while now. I have to run to the grocery this afternoon and maybe walmart . Then I have to clean my heritage .22 revolver. I shot the Heritage and the Uberti over the weekend. Cleaned the Uberti right away, waited to do the Heritage.

You all have a great day.

Well here it was 104 last Weds but now a lovely 78, so we have some random hot spells that dissolve to mild wind and (sadly) zero rain.

Good morning MOers. High clouds today but warm. We seem to have finally shaken the chilly weather, now on to summer.

Have a great day.

I read this today. I do not think I have ever heard it before.

“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on my side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” -Abraham Lincoln

BTW, I changed the second inner tire rod end last night in 45 minutes with no trouble. I was all set up and all I had to do was parked the tires on my DIY sliders, and start screwing it apart.

I was very successful and I also determined that I should change the outer tie rod ends as well. Since the current effect is barely noticeable I’m just going to order these and they’ll be here by Friday.

I went to see my granddaughter and give her a graduation present. She was dressed up in her new USMC workout clothes, and on her way to the gym with her ROTC squadron. She won’t be 18 for a couple months yet so it’s not quite official.

They have a nice school & other training facilities down in Petaluma, and I was drawing window/wall layouts on those buildings 35 years ago as an engineer. Hopefully she will be sent there initially, because it means she will be close to home. There are at least two other camps near here that I know of and probably several that I do not. So anything is possible.

Its been sunny and hot today. I took my Glock out for some fresh air :D Targets is at 25-27 yards

20210609_190912.jpg

I like this Sheriff :) Its a bit long but.. At 15:52 he speaks about the 2nd amendment, and that good people should own guns :)

Have a nice day :)

Back