• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Oh yes the thermometer hit 33°F on my porch this morning. This is the closest it's been so far to Winter.

Stay warm and keep your powder dry!

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

This morning was a little nippy, but it's warming up now. 38 degrees and Sunny...it may hit 47 degrees before days end.

Enjoy your day...

Oh yes the thermometer hit 33°F on my porch this morning. This is the closest it's been so far to Winter.

Stay warm and keep your powder dry!

We had a dusting of snow this morning.

Best to you on the eye, Cadd. I have much more confidence in eye surgery than just 15 years ago. There have been big strides in treatment and surgery. I'm betting you will be real happy when it is over.

images

Well it happened and I can see with both eyes and my right pupil is still a little blown so it's hard to tell but things are looking very good so far..

But I will need reading glasses and I'm using a big magnifying glass to see the screen on my smartphone right now as I talk to it. once the anesthesia wears off a little more I'm going to go to tbe all night drug store and pick some up..

My eye doctor won't give me a prescription for several weeks because my eyes need to stabilize , but in the meantime I need to read better.

Right now I'm sitting on the front porch enjoying the sunset and washing some new sand for my aquarium.

I didn't want to pay a premium for real aquarium sand so I bought less expensive sand and am washing off the stilt.

Good morning Cadd, Meanie, Elbert, Shooter, Djcala, tatoo, the Ripper and MikeD and all the other friendly Mossbergers that visit here.

In the future I will buy premium aquarium sand. When you buy common bag playground sand there's a lot of silt in it. Real aquarium Sand only has a little bit.

I set up a little sluice box & a hose and washed that sand just like any sourdough panning for gold.

Except I had a plastic hose in a plastic storage bin as a sluice box, balanced on a chunk of Styrofoam so I could rock it back and forth like a baby cradle.

I was much easier to set up than a washboard Style but it takes much longer.

In the end I saved about $25 on sand, but threw out 30% of it as silt. With that low yield, I actually would have only saved about $15, could I have bought an exact equivalent amount. Of course it only comes in certain sizes.

I wasted a lot of water. ;(

But I did end up with some really nice sand for $5, which the Coreys love and I corralled my Betta which everyone in the tank loved.

You can keep a betta in a community tank under certain circumstances but these were not those.

He was terrorizing the poor little suckers.

Now the betta in my 16 gallon does not seem to be as vicious.

Well it's been 12 hours since my eyes were done and they are clearing up slowly but surely. The right pupil is full-blown and it's going to be that way until tomorrow I guess.

The doctor dilates your eyes so much it's amazing that they ever go back to normal. It's 11 o'clock at night and I'm wearing sunglasses because of the glare. I have my screen turned way down.

The doctor dilates your eyes so much it's amazing that they ever go back to normal. It's 11 o'clock at night and I'm wearing sunglasses because of the glare. I have my screen turned way down.
Cad, in the bottom left corner of any page here, you can change your screen color. I have mine set to BP-BlackBlue. You could change yours to BP-Black. the background is black n gray and the text is white.

Mornin fellas. Lots to do today. Having the kids and grandson over this weekend. I need to prepare some crêpe mix. It tastes better if you let it set overnight in the fridge.
It's pretty chilly out there. 32f....stay warm....
snow this weekend!!! woooo

Good morning from frosty Oklahoma. 19 in Tulsa at the moment.

Cadd, glad to hear the eye is coming along. I reckon today will be quite the improvement for you.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

CaddmannQ, glad to hear of the progress with your eye surgery. I wish you much continued progress.
I never had a Beta, but think they are lovely fish. I would think a 16 gallon tank is paradise for him.

Well he's not alone in that 16 gallon tank but it is quite a nice deal for him as he is the head fish.

I have a betta in my 55 right now but it' has taken me awhile to arrange the Aqua Culture in the tank so that he is not eating little Tetras.

It's an amusing task, arranging their little Society for them so they can get along. Normally betas will chew up your other fish. But by arranging the aquarium just right you can get them to ignore each other most of the time.

Just like some people, if they don't have to see each other, they don't have to fight.

@ripjack13

Thanks for the tip. I don't normally use a dark background on the phone but I always did at work.

This probably saves on battery life too.

Well he's not alone in that 16 gallon tank but it is quite a nice deal for him as he is the head fish.

I have a betta in my 55 right now but it' has taken me awhile to arrange the Aqua Culture in the tank so that he is not eating little Tetras.

It's an amusing task, arranging their little Society for them so they can get along. Normally betas will chew up your other fish. But by arranging the aquarium just right you can get them to ignore each other most of the time.

Just like some people, if they don't have to see each other, they don't have to fight.

Reminds me of my mother-in-law.:ganster:

Good morning Mossberg forum. We have clear skies and 31 this morning in Tulsa. Much warmer than yesterday.

Wow Shooter, what a colorful picture. That is incredible.

Cadd, I hope the eye is coming along the way you hope.

I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Yesterday (Friday) was the first time I have ever driven a car in my life without wearing eyeglasses.

Today I'm going to go skate for the first time in a while. But it will be the first time that I've ever skated without wearing eyeglasses.

This is a big deal because I've needed glasses to see since I was 6 years old.

56 years of increasingly heavy and thick spectacles all ended yesterday.

My vision in my right eye was about 20/450 & my left eye was worse. Like 20/700.

Now I'm about 20/30 in both eyes, and I only need glasses to read small print. At that I'm only using a 1X.

Because of extreme myopia and astigmatism I was never a candidate for radial keratotomy or LASIK. But eventually I developed cataracts bad enough that it was time for me to have the surgery.

I've actually put it off for a couple years, just because I was very nervous about the procedure. Having someone cut on my eyes is not something I wanted to think about much.

But as it turns out the worst part of the whole procedure is the fact that they dilate your eyes so broadly that they don't go back to normal for nearly 2 days.

All in all my eyes are doing well and the doctor says they will continue to improve over the next days and weeks.

Color me a very happy camper at this point

Back