• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Great Day To Spend Reloading

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I'm taking a break from the bench. We are in the middle of getting 24-36" of snow (22" so far) with wind gusts over 40 m.p.h. The plows fell behind the pace of the storm hours ago. What better way to spend the day than reloading? I have 2000 shells each of 9mm and .223 that are primed and ready to go. I also have some .308 and .357 that need the brass prepped yet. Most people around here stocked up on milk and bread. I picked up a few extra pounds of powder. Cheers!

Well if it keeps snowing you'll be loaded for rats, to bear & everything in between.

Mike where are you that you are getting so hammered with snow?
Southeast PA...about 20 minutes above the Mason-Dixon line. They are saying it's 26" now but it will start to ease up in an hour. It's hard to get an exact total with the wind blowing it so much. The tops of the cars are clean and it's up to the door handle beside the car.

Stay safe Mike. With 3' and blizzard winds it can get dangerous.
Thanks Old Mossy...I did think of you in sunny old FLA earlier today.

I have made a decent dent in the 9mm. I'm hoping to work on the .223 tomorrow after I clear the driveway and sidewalk. Last weekend I made a bunch of test loads for my boys Savage. I guess it will be awhile until we get to try them out.

I love hitting the rifle brass prep on those crappy evenings when it's miserable outside. They get tumbled/sized/deprimed/decapped and tumbled again and sometimes primed. Then I just throw them in ziplock bags. Man I HATE trimming. It's the one part that sucks.

After that the rest is just icing on the cake.

Mike, hope your power stays on and you are well stocked.

Yup, stay warm up there bud.

We got eight inches down here in Nashville and folks are behaving like it's the snowpocalypse. Stores are sold out of bread, milk, and eggs. WTF are they gonna do, sit around making french toast? Screw that, if I'm stuck somewhere I'm gonna make sure I have plenty of meat, taters, and bourbon...

Yup, stay warm up there bud.

We got eight inches down here in Nashville and folks are behaving like it's the snowpocalypse. Stores are sold out of bread, milk, and eggs. WTF are they gonna do, sit around making french toast? Screw that, if I'm stuck somewhere I'm gonna make sure I have plenty of meat, taters, and bourbon...

Inlaws are in Adams TN. If they got that much, they aren't leaving the house for a week.

We were supposed to get 14-18 inches, but the path mostly missed us just to the east giving us about 9 or 10 inches. The storm moved on up the coast and dumped it on Pennsylvania.

Last year about this time, we got 24 inches of snow, and one evening warmed up enough to rain, which in turn froze and made it a lot heavier.

We had numerous roof collapses on personal and business properties.

Even our airport had some hangers collapse.

memory card dump pics 015.jpg

zeke's carpet store
memory card dump pics 009.jpg

even a dollar general store roof collapsed nearby. Numerous private roof's, porches and metal carports also.

Attachments

• memory card dump pics 015.jpg
    memory card dump pics 015.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2
I love hitting the rifle brass prep on those crappy evenings when it's miserable outside. They get tumbled/sized/deprimed/decapped and tumbled again and sometimes primed. Then I just throw them in ziplock bags. Man I HATE trimming. It's the one part that sucks.

After that the rest is just icing on the cake.

Mike, hope your power stays on and you are well stocked.

So far so good on the power. We are in pretty good shape if it goes off even it were to last a few days. I have been using the days since New Year to do a lot of the brass prep and doing the hand prime when the kids put a movie on. We just finished up a movie and I'm heading back to the press when they go to bed.

I agree that I don't like trimming. I also don't like reloading when it's summer time.

I'm gonna make sure I have plenty of meat, taters, and bourbon...

Bourbon...super concentrated liquid bread!

No snow here, but lots of rain. I cleaned up the garage & took my wife to see Heart of the Sea, which was quite an epic show.

I don't own any reloading gear, but I may start doing some because the lever guns are finicky.

Casting/Smelting lead.... :(
Magical bread.
Thanks for the reminder. I got a melter and dies for Christmas a year ago and haven't used them as often as I had planned. I don't travel for my new job so I'll have to add that to my summer agenda.

Got hit with 20" here on LI with 3' snow drifts.

Spent sat with the family.

Today I dug out most of the apt complex and my wife's car. I don't dig out my jeep, I simply go in reverse.

Cleaned up my beretta OU (shot 10 rounds of skeet the past 2 weeks) and my Garand (shot it in December and it needed a cleaning)

Now watching football and hoping manning beats Brady.

Lordy, I do NOT miss the snow belt.
:confused:

It was sunny and dry today, and (don't hate me) I took the Mrs out to the rifle club & taught her to shoot the lever guns and the 9mm pistol. She did well too, even shooting some bullseyes at 10 yds with the .22 pistol, plus 20 &50 yds with the lever guns and her .22 Savage bolt gun.

Now in the middle of cleaning 5 guns, I took a break to watch the sun set & type this.

Looks like more rain coming in tonite from the west. I think I'll charge up the boat batteries and kick the engine over. There's gonna be bass and trout fishin' here soon. :)

There was so little water that we haven't been fishing at all in nearly 2 years.

There's the sole thing I miss of Minnesota. Fish everywhere. :rolleyes:

Back