• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Safes

Right now I'm just using a Stack-On 8 gun locker sitting in a corner bolted to the floor and two walls. No kids in the house yet but one on the way. I'll have to upgrade to something bigger and more secure in the very near future.

12f80f74d672272a3fd7b420a5555668.jpg
0cf122c3709913177cf442db1e5aa1a9.jpg

Just otdered one of these.... Has an unbeatable warranty & awesome features ...... Anyone else have one of their safes ?

I guess there battery back up and some safes won't let you in if the battery is dead? Waiting for others to chime in here too

Thats a plus great looking safe, I wasn't trying to dicourage you I read a few posts on other sites about people needing locksmiths to get into their safes

Not at all...thats whyim here and post so i can vet real world opinions and info from great people that usually know more than i do....

Rotate the combination frequently. My buddy has a safe with a keypad and if you look closely it is pretty obvious what keys get hit, which narrows the range of possible combinations quite a bit. ;-D

You'll learn fast, they only comfortably hold about half what their advertised as. They gotta be crammed pretty tight, and no optics to fit their rating.

That 16 gun safe will hold 12 comfortably, if you're lucky. If you have bolt rifles or optics, maybe even fewer than that. You may need to remove the optics or bolts if you plan on filling it up. By the time you add any ammo, personal valuables or handguns you'll discover just how small it really is.
You made a good choice, but don't be surprised if it's all a tighter fit than you expected.
I have a 36 gun safe, and I had to remove all of the bolts from my rifles to get them to fit into mine. I took business cards and labeled each bolt so I would be able to match them up to the rifles later. I tied the card to the bolt with some strings so they stay attached.

Well I guess it's been a while since I bought it the specs say 1575 lbs. it took 4 big dudes to get it moved in.

Back