• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Happy birthday to me - ready to reload!

mingaa

Raconteur
I picked up a Lee Precision Deluxe 4-Hole Turret Press Kit today along with a tumbler and a big bag of crushed walnut shells. Been saving 9, 40 & 223 for a while now. I have a Lyman's guide on the way and will get a set of 9mm dies, primers and bullets - have some powder and am ready to start making what I want vs looking for what I need and hoping to find it - not to mention the potential cost savings!

Word is that this affordable unit can produce 200 rounds an hour with a competent user. I do hope that's true!

Ready to clean brass, buy dies, do more reading and start testing loads!

Match Sat will still be factory stuff but maybe by the one on the 29th I'll be in action - we'll see!

Btw from what I have read the scale will be on eBay pretty quickly and my digital favorites are already bookmarked!

This is great news to hear! I'm excited for you and anxious to see more threads started as you progress!

Happy Birthday, too!

What crushed walnut did you get? I once bought some pet bedding ground corncob for tumbling and it was too coarse to pour back out of about 200 .223 cases. It took hours and hours to dig/pick it out of every single case!

Yeah- I'm trying the reptile bedding angle crushed walnut hull - small and heavy. Not quite like sand but that's what they were going for. Read some very good results and I'm not loading tomorrow so I thought I'd give it a try - long term cost would be great if it proves out. Looks like great medium - if it works. Going to do a load of 9 & 40 tomorrow. Will post results + pics if useful. Fingers crossed...

Best sights for dies and bullets appreciated. Will probably get primers and powder locally fue to shipping limitations. Thoughts!?

Happy Birthday!

Word is that this affordable unit can produce 200 rounds an hour with a competent user.

If you don't mind, can I ask what you have invested total to get started? I'd like to reload and have accumulated a lot of 9mm and 5.56 brass. Reloading has worked itself up to about #4 on my gun projects list.

Happy Birthday!! Congrats and keep us posted of your progress.

mingaa~

I own a lot of Lee Precision equipment. I think about 75% of my die sets are Lee, and all but one of my bullet moulds is Lee. And I own (and use) a lee single-stage press which works great. I also have a Lee Safety Scale that is my "backup" to several electronic scales when there is no power. It is a bit slower but is very accurate. A co-worker a few years back begged me for some suggestions on what press to buy to get started, and I suggested a Lee Cast Classic Turret kit from Kempfs as the best way to manufacture your own ammunition fairly fast and as high quality as one will ever need.

I really like Lee Precision presses and other Lee loading equipment.

Back