• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Hopefully reliability is not impacted when adding the extension.

Once Dick's can get one from their distributer, I'll be happy to actually contribute to this thread.

Spent some time last night digging through these forums.. great information all around, cheers!

Haven't had experience with one on a pump gun, but I added a Nordic Comp +2 to my 930 and have had zero issues as a result...

Little update on mine, just an ATI adjustable stock. Haven't gone shooting since November :( darn ATV crash put me out of commission so maybe this week.

59012g_zpsad1bdf19.jpg

Lookin good!

I love seein that Old Glory...

New to the site. I've had my 590A1 for a little over a year now. It's the tri-rail version, so it came with the adjustable stock and railed forend. The only thing I've added so far is the Mako foregrip with light adapter (second picture). I've liked it, but I'm planning on swapping it for a Magpul AFG. I think it looks better and would be more sturdy in my hand. I'll move my flashlight to one of the side rails via a simple ring mount.

Here she is fresh out of the box. It was a Christmas gift from my wife:
Mossberg590A1-New.jpg

With the added Mako foregrip:
6760bf32-55a7-4ba9-aa9f-9761a6be0bff.jpg

I'm also planning on shipping my barrel to Vang Comp soon. A friend of mine has a Remington 1100 with the VCS, and the patterning difference between our two shotguns is amazing. I have to have it! :D

Posted pic in another thread a while back, but I guess nobody will complain too much if I add it to this thread also. 590 Mariner made 1989. No it's not 'real' stainless. Just polished marinecote. According to Havlin, no real stainless barrels, mag tubes or recievers were ever made. Still looks nice tho. I like simplicity, so no add ons will be forthcoming.

m590full.jpg

True stainless or not that's still a find looking gun.

gunny,that is one nice shotgun......and i'll bet those aren't rubber slugs on the stock. :D

old mossy said:
gunny,that is one nice shotgun......and i'll bet those aren't rubber slugs on the stock. :D

They better not be. I paid for lead. ;) These are RIO, btw. Funny thing about the RIO 00 buck (clear cases), they are slightly longer than the other buckshot (#4), so although I can load 8 #4 in the tube, only 7 of the 00. Both are 2 3/4" but different design. Anybody ever experience this with other ammo?

rio2.jpg

rio1-1.jpg

i know my fiocchi #00 and #4 and remmy #5 and #9 are about the same length.

GunnyGene said:
...Anybody ever experience this with other ammo?

I've experienced the same thing with the Winchester PDX1 ammo. I can only feed 7 in the tube. When I compared them side-by-side to another 2 3/4" shell, the PDX1 was every so slightly longer.

MWright936 said:
GunnyGene said:
...Anybody ever experience this with other ammo?

I've experienced the same thing with the Winchester PDX1 ammo. I can only feed 7 in the tube. When I compared them side-by-side to another 2 3/4" shell, the PDX1 was every so slightly longer.

I understand the engineering for this. Stuffing 9 00 pellets in a shell requires a little more room than a smaller pellet, hence the extra length. But I'm wondering how that would effect 00 in a 3" shell, given a 3" chamber? Would there be a problem or is this accounted for in a 3" chamber?

Nope,

Shell length measurement is taken from an empty, unrolled hull. While variance does exist between manufacturers and different loads, a 3" shell will always be under 3" when loaded and crimped. Same for 2-3/4 shells...

very nice!!! :)

Attachments

• 7fbc4118_12982.gif
    7fbc4118_12982.gif
    94.4 KB · Views: 454

Very nice, I've never seen a fluted barrel like that before.

Thanks Old Mossy! I put a few rounds thru her and she went thru them with no hiccup! I will be changing stocks and forend in the near future!!!

Thanks MikeD! Its the LPA trigger version that comes with that barrel. Dont know the # off hand...box is still in the trunk of car! Lol... :D :D

LPA trigger and fluted barrel on a pump gun??? Very interesting! Nice find man!

Back