• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

It really does. I shoot with my hand more towards the rear of the light, and the finish on the light body is very smooth. Add in sweat, blood, snot, or rain and it gets much slicker. The security strap helps a lot, but the added texture is much better. Unfortunately the right side really doesn't have anything to stiple.

Thats cool! I'm a huge fan of modifying everything! Looks sweet!

Pics of my 590A1

Here is my three week old 590A1. I've added a Tacstar white light and slip on buttstock shell holder. I load it with a mix of #4 and 00. I really love this gun!!

Attachments

• 590A13.jpg
    590A13.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 625
  • TacStar2.jpg
    TacStar2.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 627
  • GRS12.jpg
    GRS12.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 625
Re: Pics of my 590A1

Looks great. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Dude, the 590A1 is a sweet, sweet gun! The only difference between mine and yours are the GRS. Nice gun man!

Cool scattergun, is the touch pad on/off or momentary on only when touched?

Got my SpeedFeed stock today. Installed it in about 5 minutes and got it loaded up for now. Loving it so far even though I haven't got to shoot it. I like that it's a tad shorter than the OEM stock and the rubber butt pad feels better as well.

IMG_1647.jpg

Momentary on being touched. I'm happy with it for the most part. Certainly cheaper than the Surefire for end I had originally planned on. I can now honestly say I understand when in the past people told me they "love" their gun!

The speedfeed stock is one of my favorite stocks made!

Yeah, you're really hurting me because you've raised my 590 lust level another notch. :D
Congrats on a nice tool.

bkmoss said:
Momentary on being touched. I'm happy with it for the most part. Certainly cheaper than the Surefire for end I had originally planned on. I can now honestly say I understand when in the past people told me they "love" their gun!

awesome, have you tried the pad on the forend, how do you like it in its current spot ?

Goose, I also really like the SpeedFeed! Its a good lookin stock!

oli700 said:
bkmoss said:

awesome, have you tried the pad on the forend, how do you like it in its current spot ?

Actually, at the range today the pad kept coming off every time I fired. My first Mossberg was a 500 with a flatter fore end and the pad stayed put. With the round fore end the velco wouldn't stick, so I moved it back on the receiver. I may need to tape it down with electrician's tape. Otherwise, it works great.

JSDinTexas said:
Yeah, you're really hurting me because you've raised my 590 lust level another notch. :D
Congrats on a nice tool.

Sorry man, but the 590 cannot be denied! I made the mistake of checking out the Springfield XDM, so I now am dealing with pistol lust.

DHonovich said:
The speedfeed stock is one of my favorite stocks made!

I always liked it as well since I first seen it. I was either going to go with a Hogue with the shortened LOP or the SF1. I wasn't sure if the SF was going to shorten up the pull by much, but it shortens just enough for me and my long arms. The texture is wonderful and the butt pad is a lot nicer than the one on the OEM stock.

Rossignol said:
Goose, I also really like the SpeedFeed! Its a good lookin stock!

I love it! Not only does it function great, but like you said, it's a good lookin stock!

I got one of the Mako forends, when they first came out. There's no flat for a pressure pad. A wood rasp cured that problem.

I dropped the Mako and have a Surefire rail forend now.

Abe Lincoln said the hen was the smartest of all animals because she doesn't start cackling until after the egg is laid. Following that principal, I can announce I have today placed my order for the 590A1 (model 51668).
It won't be in for a couple of weeks, so I have to show you a stock picture. But of course, it will look just like this to start.

Attachments

• Moss 51668.jpg
    Moss 51668.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 428

WooHoo! Alright man, youre gonna love it!

M24, quick question. After adding the sling loop end plate, have you had any issues with the stock twisting, or did you have to use a longer stock bolt? My stock bolt isnt long enough for me to be able to use the crush washer so I havent been able to firmly snug the bolt and the stock will twist a little.

JSDinTexas said:
Abe Lincoln said the hen was the smartest of all animals because she doesn't start cackling until after the egg is laid. Following that principal, I can announce I have today placed my order for the 590A1 (model 51668).
It won't be in for a couple of weeks, so I have to show you a stock picture. But of course, it will look just like this to start.

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590A1!

Back