• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: My Mossberg 590 SP

Yeah, wish you wouldn't do this to me. :mrgreen: I'm almost finished setting up my 500 and I think the 590 will be next. Now where's that tax refund? :)

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Just got back from the range with my new attachments and had to get some picks. the new folding buttstock is sick, and im loving the rail.

1221193.jpg

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/30316/1221195.jpg

Which buttstock is that?

Sweet lookin 590, and I like the look of that folder! What do you use on the rail?

Thts sweet man! I love it! Are those the Hornady TAP LE buckshot loaded in the side saddle?

No, Federal LE Tactical "Hydra-Shok" Slugs. :mrgreen:

Thanks BTW!!!

I custom shortened the stock by 1.5" to make it handle better! Makes a world of difference!!!

Re: My Mossberg 590a1

Rossignol said:
This one is a custom I believe, but generally speaking, I think Ontario Knife Company. They make what is thought of as the standard in bayonets, like the M7, M9 and M10. One of those is too snug a fit on the 590A1, but I believe the M7 goes on with no problems. I'd have to go back and do some diggin in my notes to find out for sure.

Here is Ontario Knife.
http://ontarioknife.com/catalog/item/8

M7 Bayonet
thumbnail2.php

I FINALLY got a 590A1 on layaway thru Buds, the exact model pictured above w/20" barrel, Ghost Ring Sights, speedfeed stock and the ALL IMPORTANT ZOMBIE ITEM.... BAYONET LUG!!! I'm curious, you said that some of the bayo's dont fit right(usually needs grip to be modified a bit), I've seen this with the M10 bayonet, but am under the assumption(please correct me if I'm wrong) that the M9, the exact one actually that comes in that 590A1 SPX package(I decided I wanted my GRS's a little lower on the pump, and that way my 930 SPX is still gonna feel 'special'!), fits all the 590 20", right??
Stephen

I bought some stuff from a guy on another forum, He has a "Lancay bayonet and scabbard. Used, in very good condition with sharpening stone. $ 60 shipped"
I bought a barrel wrench from him, It was in fantastic shape, I wanted the Lancay, But I only have an AR 15 that it would fit and that is already heavy enough.
Here is the thread...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/mud-bay-miscell ... t-etc.html

I hope this is OK to post this here, If not feel free to do whatever you wish with it :D
Best of luck

I should have added, I was looking for a 500 with the bayonet lug, But I fell into the M590A1 for nearly the same $$$'s

The lan-cay m9 needed a little dremeling to fit on the Mossberg 590A1 correctly.

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

A few pics after playing in the dirt and right before my trigger group went TU. Some close ups of the OSOE adjustable bungy sling and various connections.

100_2623.jpg

100_2652.jpg

100_2633.jpg

Here's a good view of the MI plate after it was Dremeled. Once that ridge was knocked down some it fit perfectly. Very handy to have if you have an HK hook.

100_2632.jpg

Trigger group overhauled by Aimpro. Shiny parts have been polished and honed. My old group had shiny parts, but that was from wear. Totally different feel with this one.

aimprotriggergroup.jpg

SF used to put a security strap on their weaponlights. I liked those, and since they aren't doing that anymore I put one on. The originals had a small pad at the front to prevent knuckle slap during firing.

100_2452.jpg

Close up of the thumbscrew trigger pin replacement, S/N cutout, and the ejector screw replacement stud.

dsacthumbscrew.jpg

dsacsncutout.jpg

dsacejectorstud.jpg

dsacejectorscrew.jpg

Rossignol said:
Again, I agree. My long time understanding has always been that with the 590 barrel and mag tube, it was a 590. Those are the most and easiest distinguishing features at a glance.
Not exactly. I've posted this in one of the other 500/590/590A1 threads, but it can be hard to tie OFM down on some models.
In general, yes the mag tube cleanout tends to be a 590. HOWEVER, there are many variations of the 500 that are roll marked 500, contracted as a 500, and called a 500 that will have the mag tube cleanout assembly. To further complicate things, they will have a heavy barrel and metal trigger guard. The .mil and the factory still call them 500s though. Some will have odd barrel lengths like 17" and some will have other odd features.
Some of the shotguns like the Tactical Cruisers will be called 500s, but they will have the mag tube cleanout. The recievers are rollmarked "500."
All of this said, OFM has put out more than few shotguns that as near as I can tell were oddballs. I don't know if it was leftover parts, surplus of one receiver being used for another, limited special runs for distributors, or whatever. The engraved flag shotgun is likely one of those. OFM will also release .mil contract overruns from time to time, and those will have whatever features the requestor wanted, but may be called something different than what you would think it would be.
The best way to tell is to see if it has 590 or 590A1 on the left side of the receiver and if it says 500 or 590 forward of the loading port.

M24, Nice pics as always, I always like seeing the stuff youre runnin and why.

The things you mentioned about models, this is stuff I am begining to find out, just as you had mentioned in the other thread! Its difficult to pin down some models at a glance, and on the Tactical Cruisers specifically, I have seen most say 500 on the receiver, and a couple that say 590. Just weird man.

Thanks.
I'll be stipling my SF soon hopefully if I can get my technique and pattern down, and I need to get a new tip. I'll post pics of that when I get it done.

I've put this off for a long time. I knew what would happen if I started it: I would want to stiple more things. So this afternoon I decided to stiple a project I've been wanting to do for a while.

Here is how the SureFire used to look:

sfgrip.jpg

This is what it looks like now:

100_2786.jpg

I bet that greatly increased the grip of that forend. Nice job.

Back