• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IMI/Magnum Research

TravisM.1 said:
Baby Eagle, 45acp..............

100_2789.jpg

100_2795.jpg

Great lookin shooter Sir...

You're having a great couple of days, eh?! Super gun, really nice rig holster! You'll be walking tall.

I shot a friend's 50 not long ago - rich is a friend that we always swap full mags and trade dinner checks - like that. He shows me the mag before he inserts it - let's me know that there are 3 in the stack. I say "three?" he says "I thought about two and couldn't do it." He had these kinda droopy eyes on too. That's a big dog to feed!! 357 is full of whup ass!

Reviving an old thread here.

Went to my LGS Friday to "browse with intent". Slapped a couple hundred bucks down on a new IWI Baby Eagle 9mm. What a muscular, yet sexy silhouette those things make!!

The price was right...$599.99 less 10% discount. Comes with 3 mags and a cheapo case. I would have preferred the all steel version but polymer was all they had in stock. I hadn't read anything that would seriously put me off the polymer frame so I went for it.

The only real "drawback" I read was that the polymer frame had more muzzle climb than the heavier steel frame. Other than that, most reviews seemed to favor the model for great out of the box accuracy, an awesome price point and overall comfort. The gun does feel great in the hand. I "fondled" a lot of other offerings Friday, but have to admit the Eagle was a stand out for comfort and fit for my hand.

I have read that the polymer design on the baby eagles is supposedly superior to many other polymer frames out there....not sure if that is actually valid or not. Something to do with the slide being fully cradled inside the frame? Maybe someone can add to this? :?:

Any further info would be appreciated. This is my first handgun...likely not the last either.

I will post up some pics when I get my new girl home in a month or so. For now, this is a pretty close representation or even exactly what she looks like.

Edited for grammar.

Attachments

• IWI-BABY EAGLE 9mm.jpg
    IWI-BABY EAGLE 9mm.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 89
Very nice!

Don't have any personal experience with this model, but am certainly looking forward to your impressions and feedback once you get it home and have had it to the range...

Thanks LES. As I said, this is my first handgun and if anyone has any feedback I'd be glad to hear it.

I am super stoked. Can't wait to get it home and out to the range!

I've not yet had the pleasure of firing one in 357 mag - - yet. Seems like the weight would offset recoil a bit and that sounds like it may be the case. A Big Bang with balance!

What is the barrel length!!?

I had an IMI Jericho 941 back in the day and that was one nice pistol. The new Baby Eagles are the 941 reincarnated. IMI makes quality weapons, so this one should serve you well.

Thanks for the feedback tcecil88. And you no longer have it cuz????

Like most of us, I've done my homework so I'm pretty confident I won't be disappointed.

I have to say though, I'm not too impressed with my last 2 purchases of new firearms. My 500 was a terrible disappointment, though I loved it to pieces, I had to get rid of it. The 870 Super Mag that now replaces it wasn't without a flaw either but at least that is now resolved. Makes one wonder about QC practices in many of these manufacturing shops.

Here's to better luck this time!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well I finally got my newest acquisition home from the store today! So stoked for my first handgun! She is just so comfortable to hold and pretty sexy I'd say!!

My Baby Eagle has been stamped as a Jericho 941 RPL - 9mm. It's been awhile but well worth the wait. Already disassembled and wiped out the heavier grease. Will give it a thorough cleaning when I have more time.

Came with 3 mags and a couple cleaning brushes. Not too shabby I suppose. The service at my LGS was stellar as usual, very helpful with navigating the complexities of our restricted and prohibited weapons registration and transport laws.

Range report to follow as soon as I get an opportunity to make a trip and start breaking her in.

As a side note; anything good enough for the Isrealis' is definitely good enough for me!

Was talking to a friend at the track, on Friday. He spends more money on firearms then I've ever earned. He seems to have at least one of everything and multiples of some things. Mostly, he's into handguns. Good thing, considering the space issue. Anyhow, we somehow got to talking about some of the ammunition types he reloads. He mentioned 30-30 rounds. I said I was surprised, since he is more into handguns than long guns. So he says, "Well I shoot those out of handguns." Huh?! Yep. He shoots 30-30 and .444 Marlin out of handguns. Next, he wants one that fires 45-70. Dear God. I thought a .454 Casul was ridiculous. Naturally, he has a .454 Casul, a S&W 460, and a S&W .500 also (probably has a couple of them, actually). He says the 30-30 revolver shoots "Real sweet". I can't imagine.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-4570-Revolver-10-inch-Barrel.asp

Take care. Tom Worthington

I've never shot a MR revolver but I have shot a few TC Contenders in rifle cartridges. Fun but it it can hurt. I definitely wouldn't want to spend a day shooting them.

In this case, porting really does make a difference.

One of the RSO's at the range I used to frequent has the Magnum Research .30-30 "BFR" revolver. Once I asked her what BFR stood for.

She smiled and said, "Big F*¢%¡^© Revolver!"

i had a Magnum Research Lone Eagle. it was a breech load single shot handgun. chambered in .35 remington. i shot 3 rounds through it. way too much to be fun. so traded it off for another 12 gauge.

Back