• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IMI/Magnum Research

I had thought about that but didn't have one tonight lol I may make another one like that of the acrylic one doesn't turn out.

Mmmhhh...

think I have to photograph my IMI Jericho 941 too ;-)
I love this (my first) gun :)
It' a early full steel version from the former Israel-Military-Industries (now Israel-Weapon-Industries) in the rare .41AE and a 9x19 system/barrel and tritium sights.

This combination is the fact why the Jericho/Baby-Eagle is named 9.41
It's a cool (but not longer manufactured) cartridge in .41 with a base from a 9x19, so you only need a .41 barrel/spring/magazine because the "breech face"(?) is the same as from the 9x19.

left .41AE, right 9x19
f0iYNUqRj

That was one of my first pistols too. I had the complete set with the hardcase, extra barrel/magazine, and a box of IMI loads in each caliber. I wonder what that would be worth now as a complete set? I bought mine used, but it was a complete set in excellent condition.
That .41AE was a sweet shooter.

Latest Update from my Jericho...

p9lGjgX5j

Think that my gun-karma is currently in a significantly negative range!
Next weapon down :-/

Last edited:
When it runs it runs properly :)

My second gun -the Jericho 941F- is back from gunsmith. New barrel and rear sight.
He modified a Tangfolio matchbarrel and so I have a new and better barrel in the baby :)
Ready for my first IPSC handgun match at saturday.

love those Jericho's....bummer about the barrel.
Never seen that before, that's a CZ 75 based handgun and supposed to be one of the better design clones of it.

+p or +p+ cause that ? Usually the pin will snap before it tears up the barrel

No... At the fatal day I shoot some (around 100) MagTech FMJ subsonic with 147grs and never before I use p+ or ++

No... At the fatal day I shoot some (around 100) MagTech FMJ subsonic with 147grs and never before I use p+ or ++
SUBS !? well it had to be bad luck because it isn't common in the Jericho's/Tanfoglio/MR,at least in all the research I've done on them.
They are clear not to use +p. Looking at where yours broke it does appear to be less material than the CZ ..... I think yours is one of the first run because they only came with both barrels for one year in the US

Man that's got to be some crappy, crappy luck.

Just had mine out yesterday. Damn I love that gun. It's always fun taking her out of the case at the range...get lots of interest from other shooters. Put about 150 rounds down range...flawless as usual.

There was only 5 of us at the range...we may or may not have engaged in unapproved shooting practices involving a few beer can targets....;-)

@ Oli...
Israel is one of the better competitor at the "clone wars" ;-)

That's the new and modified Tangfolio match barrel...
p1MxDnLNj

ps...
First IPSC-Match (6 stages) end with 7. OverAll Standard. My personal goal was to finish witout a DQ! Done! :)
Was registered for Production but -my fail- I used a big rubberized floorplate under one mag and the RO saw it AFTER the first stage and lift me up from Production into Standard. Shit happens ;-)

Last edited:
Ok...had my 941 apart for cleaning this weekend. This is what I found...not sure what's caused the mark on here.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Any suggestions??

huh.....take some die or a sharpie and cover those marks and shoot it. See if its something happening now, if they remain inked then its something that happened to it in the past and probably not an issue.....you could always get some punches and stamp CZ on the side , probably fix it lol

Lol...I'm sure punching CZ into the metal will change the metallurgical properties and make all parts true and smooth too!!

Thanks for the suggestion with the marker Oli...will try that. Honestly, I don't recall seeing that mark on the previous cleaning and I've never dropped the barrel or smacked it.

anything in the frame showing shiny metal that looks fresh ?

How does the slide stop pin look ?

anything in the frame showing shiny metal that looks fresh ?

How does the slide stop pin look ?
Nothing out of the ordinary from what I could see. Slide stop pin looked the same...no unusual marks.

Some of the flat surfaces in the lower are showing a little bit of wear but nothing I would consider unusual. I would think some amount of wear would be normal during break in. I'm probably about 600 rds deep now.

.....no chance you have old pictures of that area just to make sure it wasn't always like that ?

shooting any +p ?

.....no chance you have old pictures of that area just to make sure it wasn't always like that ?

shooting any +p ?
No pics of that side of the barrel unfortunately...:(.

No +p ammo...just shooting regular ol' Blazer. I think I'm just gonna hafta try your suggestion and mark that spot and see what happens next time out.

Oh my.... I shot a 44 mag Desert Eagle about 15 yrs ago & loved it, had the chance to buy it too, but my bankroll said no & started laughing at me ! Anyways, good for you sniper !

Back