• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Keeping an eye on things... prices coming down

Stopped by Mitch's today to see what he had in stock. The shelves were full of everything except .22lr, and Federal Flt Control, which is what I was looking for. Prices were pretty much the same as they were last year.

We had a whole shelf worth of 12 and 20 gauge federal bulk pack... but .22 lr bricks would be nice!

It still amazes me how fast the most cheapest most plentiful bulk ammo to be found instantly became the white unicorn of the ammo world.

Glad to see that things are making back on the shelves and prices are coming back.

Honestly... Due to the mass info we have this time around... It helped to stave the assault on the second amendment but it also brought a ton of people on the fence to jump in sooner than they thought. And what does everyone get their first time around.... .22lr. Now with a brick being $15-$25 I'm sure they grabbed 5-10 bricks. Multiply that by 1,000,000 plus the usuals.

Then the usuals seeing the epidemic pushed over to reloading. And the story continues.

Stopped by the local Academy this afternoon.

Last week all they had was a few 20rd boxes of Fed. XM193. This week they had a selection from several brands of .223 including the black box 55gr American Eagle (AE223J) for $8.99/20rd as well as some AE branded XM855 for $9.99/20rd. Still only 2 boxes per customer, per visit though. Good news is that under their policy .223 and 5.56 are considered different calibers, so I left with four boxes... :D

Went to Academy today and scored a 100 rd box of Winchester 40sw 165g FMJFN for $36.95. They have several boxes of them, few boxes of 9mm and one box of 250 rd 45 ACP.

Looks like things are starting to ease up a bit for sure. On Thursday I placed an order at http://www.ableammo.com for a variety of buckshot to check out at the range, I'm hoping this coming weekend. I ordered small quantities of 7 different brands of full power, 9 pellet 00 buck, just to make sure a particular brand doesn't give Matilda the hiccups before I buy it by the case. The prices were all - well, mostly - very fair and that order has been delivered already, just two business days later. I don't see how ya can beat that.

2 x 10 Cheddite Pallettoni, 1200 fps @ 4.49 each
2 x 10 Sellier & Bellot V212882U, 1213 fps @ 5.18 each
2 x 10 Fiocchi High Velocity, 1325 fps @ 5.99 each
4 x 5 Winchester Super X, 1325 fps @ 3.99 each
1 x 25 Remington Express 12B00A, 1325 fps @ 21.27
4 x 5 Federal Power Shok F12700, 1325 fps @ 5.75 each (this was pretty high)
1 x 5 Federal Vital-Shok PFC15400, w/Flitecontrol, 1325 fps @ 6.48 (yeah, this stuff was high too)

Unfortunately they didn't have any of the Rio in stock but I'll try to get by Academy and pick up a box of that to try out too. I got the one box of Federal FC just for giggles. I want to see for myself just how tight that stuff patterns. Gonna be one fun day at the range coming up very soon!

Back