• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Keeping an eye on things... prices coming down

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
I've been keeping an eye on things on ye ole internet.

Looks like 9mm and 45 ACP has been steadily coming down in price the past 6 weeks. It's getting close to pre-retard levels.

Hopefully it will stabilize in August.

Cant believe 1,000 rounds of 9mm 115gr AE was going for $720 at the height of the stupid.

Shotgun loads ironically stayed relatively within reason. Increasing to maybe 20% on some select loads.

Those have seemed to settle down.

22lr are starting to come back into stock. Still a brick is running around $35. Still a little stupid if you ask me.

.223 or 5.56 is very slowly coming down. The prices are still a bit obnoxious but more tolerable than at the height of almost $1.25 per round!!!!

I tend to use www.ammoseek.com to fish out some good finds.

Low here too.

Except for one pawn shop in town, but that's because they're asking gouger + prices.

$39 Ar15 mags, $48 for a 50 round box of winny .38's., etc

I can go into two different stores right now and buy gen3 windowed pmags for 19.99.

Cant find 9mm at all. .223 is somewhat in stock. More 5.56 than .223. .40 is everywhere. .45 is impossible to find.

Shotgun shells are everywhere, and so are pellets for the pellet gun. :)

Academy's in Oklahoma have the 1 box per caliber limit, limit 3 total boxes of the popular cals. They have .22 in 50 round boxes and from what I heard the bulk boxes sell out in less than 5 minutes when they show up in the morning. I guess if I felt like it I could really stock up in about 6 months, 3 boxes at a time. Armslist had an ad for 5650 rds of .22 for $460. Came out at around .08 a round. Of course when I bought it before the craze it was .03.

I was in an Academy here in San Antonio a couple of days ago and they had 5-shell boxes of Federal full power, 9-pellet 00 buck for $4.79 a box, the Power-Shock, not the Flitecontrol. Still, it's a pretty decent price for pretty good ammo and they had a lot of it, along with a lot of other brands too, on the shelf. None of the Walmarts I've visited had any buckshot at all on the shelves.

Then today I got a notification email from SGAmmo.com that they have 175-round cans of Federal 12 Gauge High Power 00 Buck for only $129.99. There are still some in stock but I'd hurry.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/12-ga...ge-high-power-oo-buck-shot-xm12700ac-ammo-can

I should have been buying a box or two of .22LR ammo every time I stopped in a Wal-Mart starting years ago. You know, the 99-cent stuff from Federal and Winchester.

Funny thing is that when I bought my Browning Gold Fusion back around ten years ago I started to do just that: buy a box of Remington STS #8, Nitro 27, or STS Gold every shopping trip because they were only $4.49 a box and were out on the shelf where I could just put one or two in my cart and not make a separate purchase at the sporting goods counter.

Now I have so much Remington STS ammo that I don't know where to put it and I don't shoot that gun anymore.

I never thought .22LR would get to the point where it now is.

It'll NEVER be the same again for rimfire ammo. EVER. Darn it.

Got an email from AIM...magpul gen 3 30 rd...$14.95

Basspro has magpul 30 rd window for $20, Promag 20 rd as well. Rifle ammo is back in stock and at normal prices. Didn't bother to look at pistol ammo. Firearms are stocked along every wall where just a few weeks ago they were only half stocked.

Don't know about any other LGS 'cept Wally World and they are out of everything...

Mags up the A here all good prices

Ammo here is good but limit to the buyer per day

Powder slowly coming back and primers are still short

Get ready for it to go back up. The bigots at the head of the racial equality train are stirring up a hornet's nest. No doubt the paranoid buying will start again... :x

Lets see.

I thought so too when Bloomberg started with his NRA ads. It didn't do anything.

Obama and company seem to be losing in the courts lately. And public opinion of them is rapidly weening.

Yes, but this one is strangely different. The pot stirrers are working the people into a frenzy and they have momentum and the media on their side. Not to mention the AG and his minions. They are pushing regardless of the fact they are asking that the "double jeopardy" laws be ignored...this could get very ugly and play right into the administration's hands of being able to implement some form of martial law. A big leap? Yup, but it all depends on how the cards are played out...there have already been what appear to be retaliatory shootings but are being played down by the cops and media.

I keep a fairly close eye on Gunbot.net. And yes, the prices are slowly retreating. I do think I'll hold out a good bit longer, though. I predict it's still got a good way to go down. Take care. Tom Worthington

FYI, Academy stores for those of you that have them near you and frequent them has changed thier policy. It is now 2 boxes of the same caliber restricted to .22, 9mm. .40, .45, .223/5.56, .308. All other calibers are non limited. You can buy all of that you want. So where it used to be 3 boxes total, one of each of the listed calibers above now you can buy six effectively. Their signage stated specifically because of increased availability. So yes, prices are coming down and stock on hand much better.

Saw some Federal XM193 at the local Academy this afternoon.

$9.99 per 20rd box. First time I've seen ANY of this ammo anywhere in town for several months. Picked up my limit of two boxes. Sad times we're livin in that this is what we call get'n better...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sad times we're livin in that this is what we call get'n better...

LES, I can't agree with you enough on that statement.

Agreed. Sad times indeed.

My local area Academy stores have been pretty good about having .223 or 5.56 on hand lately at least early in the day and well into the afternoon. from 5pm on its usually nada. I've also seen them offer a few unbroken up 1000 round cases of the WWB stuff for sale as well. Those usually go fairly quick they tell me. $500 bucks was the last price I saw on one of those sealed cases so no real price break for buying a case worth as like you said, its still about 10 bucks per each 20 once they break the remaining cases open.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sad times we're livin in that this is what we call get'n better...

QFT!! Their conditioning is working as planned. :shock:

Back