• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MikeD's 835 project gun

Woooo Hoooo!!!!! No oil this time out of the oven. Looks like I will be painting this weekend!!!!

I sure hope that goes better than the degreasing. LOL

MikeD said:
Maybe I'm misinterpreting this. How much oil can the metal possibly hold in it's pores?

Answer..ALOT. you have to figure that some peeps oil their gun regularly. not to mention when they make the barrel it's a oily process, unlike cold rolled steel, where there is no oil involved. so there will be tons of oil deep inside.

it's good to hear you finally dissipated it from the area.

if you will be using the 3.5 loads, definitely get the knoxx. i have it. i love it. i also have the limbsaver pad on it. it's like nothing you can imagine. you do feel pressure of the recoil, but it's like a bag of marshmallows being thrown at you. it's that good.

still looking forward to seeing what you come up with as a completed project. i expect it will be great.
cheers.

I have decided to go with the Knoxx stock.

I plan on camo dipping the barrel and receiver after I paint it but I'm thinking of just leaving the stock black. I'm also still debating on the camp pattern. I just want something that doesn't look like every other camo turkey gun out there.

I'm starting with the Primos Jelly Head choke tube. I've had good luck with Primos tubes in the past and this one is Hevi Shot compatable which will give me more options to play with.

While not traditional camo, this one caught my while while searching different suppliers. And it would blend into the woods or my pop-up blind quite well.........

WTP-581_Proveil_Reaper_Z_480.jpg

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! THERE'S ZOMBIES ON THE LOOSE!!!!

Damn it, that pattern is on back order. Plus I would have to change my background paint and I already bought my Cerekote.

I resorted to my pick prior to seeing that one....

Edit to add pic:
This is what I'm going with. Hope it looks as good on a gun.

WTP-540Boneyard-LegendsCamo.jpg

Progress....

SandBlast.jpg

Makeshift Sand Blasting station

PaintBooth.jpg

Makeshift Paint booth

PaintGun.jpg

Paint Gun

PaintOven.jpg

Pig Roaster / Paint Oven

PartsRack.jpg

Parts Rack

PartsDone.jpg

Finished Parts

PaintBlemish.jpg

Receiver. PO'd at myself I must have bumped it while racking it and didn't notice til after. DOH. Hopefully the camp dip will cover it.

Yup! Doin nice man, even given the minor bump! I'd have done the same thing!!! :shock:

Thanks for the compliments.

Overall I guess it's not bad given it's the first time with that paint and paint gun.

My parts are starting to come in...

PrimosJellyHead.jpg

Primos Jelly Head choke. .690 constriction, Hevi Shot compatable.

Just checked tracking and the stock is out for delivery. That got sent to the house, it should be there when I get home Woooo Hoooo!!!!

The transfer film should be here this week as well. Looks like it got shipped right after I talked to them on Friday.

If I can get the parts by Friday I might actually be able to pull it off. Some of my other stuff got postphoned so I have a little extra time to finish it up.

OOOOHHH!! I love when I get stuff in the mail!!

Camo film and activator arrived today!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I may try to dip a few test pieces tonight to see how it goes.

Here it is, my tactical butter knife. LOL

20120419_072720.jpg

I guess I should have picked a better test subject but I needed something small for proof of concept. I had no directions with the film or the activator so I was going buy whatever info I had accumulated from reasearching this on the web.

I know I said I was going with the black stock, but I changed my mind.

20120419_102507.jpg

The camo patterms won't match but it'll still be unique and by the time the turkeys get close enough to tell the difference, it'll be too late :twisted:

Back