• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Looks like Mosssberg is doin another reboot on their site.

Easiest way to buy a new barrel is to call Mossberg Sales and order it directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

You can check out model 500 listings from Bud's or other on-line retailers and reference the model number of the one with the barrel you're looking for when speaking with a Mossberg sales rep...

excellent, I have found a couple barells through other on-line retail sites. I will call Mossberg and use them as reference.
Thanks a lot Lazy Eyed Sniper, you have been very helpful (and quick I might add).

Re: Proud new owner of the Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 1

azy7uzuv.jpg

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...

nice gun. i have the same one.

check out my videos of the gun shooting and installing upgrades if you have time.

i also have the same ammo i will be reviewing. the segmenting slugs are awesome too by pdx1

also the houge handall grip sleeve is a nice under $10 upgrade to the pistol grip

Toys-N-Joys said:
nice gun. i have the same one.

check out my videos of the gun shooting and installing upgrades if you have time.

i also have the same ammo i will be reviewing. the segmenting slugs are awesome too by pdx1

also the houge handall grip sleeve is a nice under $10 upgrade to the pistol grip

I'll look into that.

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...

Nice!

That OSOE Micro Rig is top notch...

Really excited to get this, only thing is when and where can I use it lol! I don't want to be "That Guy" at the range.

Give them nothing, but take from them everything!

Can only hope for the Zombie Apocalypse to come soon.

Give them nothing, but take from them everything!

New here picked up a 500 today

Just picked up a brand new 500 tactical today. Bought it for hd. First mods already done are put a utg rail and reflex on top and pulled that chop stick out of the magazine tube. And of coarse completely disassembled and cleaned throughly.

Is there anything I should watch out for or be careful with? this is my first shotgun. Ive shot many before but never a 500.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359247150810.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359247150810.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 456
Re: New here picked up a 500 today

welcome from NY. nice shotgun. only thing to do now is practice and enjoy. :)

I plan to practice a lot hopefully I can find tine to take it out tomorrow and sight it in.

Another question. I've read that these guns wont cycle a 3" shell but the side of the barrel is stamped chambered for 2 3/4" & 3" barrels

Welcome aboard and congrats!

It'll cycle both 2 3/4" & 3" shells just fine...

ID a mossberg for me please

Hello all,
About 25 years ago my father purchased a mossberg 12ga pump action for me as a gift. I used it for a few years then moved away for college, got married etc and just never got back to it. yesterday I was cleaning out his garage and found it lovingly stored away and in excellent condition. However it has been so long I do not remember any specifics about it.
I know it was purchassed at a wal-mart. It has a wood stock and forend. 12 ga pump chambered for 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells. 28 inch barrel.
I would like to change the wood for some synthetics and update its looks but I do not know what accessories will fit it.
Could someone assist in ID'ingthis model? I have the serial number as well if that would help and I might be able to post a pic is that would help.

Re: ID a mossberg for me please

sounds like a 500A. any chance of posting some pics would be helpful.
also should be some markings on bottom of receiver.

Re: ID a mossberg for me please

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Joey !!

Back