• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: ERGO Tri Rail ??

It shouldnt be an issue at all I dont think. The rail doesnt come back to overlap the receiver at all.

I couldn't find too many pictures or any videos to show what or how it operates. If it doesn't overlap the receiver any, than it shouldn't be a problem! I am waiting on a reply from Optics Planet CS. They have been everything but informational in my time of wait... simple answers such as "Your item is still on back-order, we understand that at the time of purchase the webpage said "In Stock", however there are glitches and bugs in our system. We apologize for any inconvenience.. the item will be shipped immediately upon arrival.."

Note that they have removed funds from my bank acct. already!!

UGH! That would do me in man! I'd be all over em every day on somethin like that!

Well if I got anything other than a robot or some (gotta be politically correct) Non-Native American English Speaking individual... I might get some where with this... I never got a reply from them so I believe I am going to cancel the order and use the extra cash from some sold brass to get the ERGO... now which one to get :) short or long haha

Don't know which you need to get because I don't know how to measure the forend to get that answer.

But I bought the long one and had to shorten it down to fit mine. Which was really simple with a vise and a hacksaw after some careful measurements from where it rests against the retaining thingy in the back to the rear of the nut that holds the front in place.

Sorry for the non-technical terms, but believe it or not, that is my best description at the moment.

tacticalshotgun001.jpg

haha no problem on the technical terms! I know what you are talking about. I will find a picture of slide tube measurements and get a good idea before i buy. I am in the process of canceling my order now haha going to get the tri rail for-end. If need be for it to get a little modified its whatever..

I think I have the leftover piece that I cut off of it in my hutch.

If need be, I can measure it and tell you how long the piece was that I chopped if it will help, but there are a few threads on here that detail how to measure them, I just don't have the time to do a forum search to find them at the moment.

Oh No! That's alright! I appreciate it though, MidwayUSA sells both sizes and I need to measure my tube. I believe it is the short one because I have the adapter nut for the Hogue Molded.. WHICH per-say I got the wrong one, could i use the nut to fit it?

Sorry, but I don't know.

I've had it on there for a couple of years and, like I mentioned, I cannot remember how all the types correlate with each other.

If you could find the thread on there that discusses how to measure them, I'm sure it would be easier to order the correct one from the beginning.

There is a circulatory google picture that comes up periodically. I will just find out how to measure my slide, than buy the corresponding one. I need too tear mine down and freshin her up anyhow! Its been a week :/

EDIT: Here is what you measure, I wasn't sure if it included the nut or not in the measurement.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/mossberg forend variation.jpg

EDIT EDIT LOL: This is what I find:

Short
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/12...rend-mossberg-500-590-12-gauge-aluminum-matte
Long
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/391973/ergo-3-rail-forend-mossberg-500-12-gauge-aluminum-matte

Who Knows:
http://www.ergogripsusa.com/index.p...go-trirail-forend-mossberg-500-590-short.html

Okay so my order is canceled and I am free to order my ERGO Rail... which one should I get? My slide is 6-3/4, so should I get the one NOT specified as short?

Dang, meant to jump in here sooner...

The one you need is actually called a medium. Its 4865 with no suffix on the part number but it says its the 6 5/8" tube length.

Go with that and youll be in good shape!

Youre welcome man!

Just double checkin real quick, but you have the standard forend yes? You dont have an oddball sporting forend do you?

Is it the ribbed forend? In any case, if the Hogue will fit, the ERGO will too.

Yeah the Hogue fits like a glove! I bought the shotty as a 28" Field Model to begin with so it should be standard

Quick Question Guys, I read a few reviews I found online about this, and everyone says that they actual rail portion sucks really bad, like it isn't too spec, and that it spins around excessively like the inside diameter is TOO large for the slide.

Is this the case with either of yours? I don't want to order some junk :p

EDIT: I have purchased one of my own for my own review :p Brownells excepts returns lol

My tri rail is not loose.

It only rotates a little, but that is not due to the forend, that is due to the action bars twisting a little

Okay! Good! That is what I wanted to hear! haha

I ordered the ERGO Tri Rail, OD Green Rail Covers, Magpul AFG 2, and Larue Tactical OD Green Hand stop with the little rail sections required to hold them in place!

Gonna be bitc'hin! haha
Still waiting on reply from SEE ALL to contemplate the sight

The rail is absolutely to spec and is super tight to the tube. The rails are to milspec 1913 picatinny.

The rotation is as John described, but to me its a non issue.

Yeah my OEM wood forend has that "flex" to it too. But that is due to the action bars. If that is the only thing, than definitely a non-issue thing. Probably people who just weren't happy with anything in life at that time lol

I will have to get some pictures up once I receive everything >:) It is going to be some competition to yours Ross!

Back