• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

A little trick I learned is to use the back portion of the shell stop to remove the nut, I supose I should buy a forend wrench and use it, but the shell stop is handy.

Some tubes slip out pretty easily others require a little encouragement in that case what I do is...

Once I get the nut loose and backed off several turns I'll rest the nut against a solid flat surface firmly grip the forend and push against the nut this usually starts the tube back out of the forend and makes it easier to remove the tube once the nut is completley off.

Just be careful not to slip and skewer yourself with the action bars...

Re: Newbie Question: How to determine if forearm is removabl

ninjapilot said:
Ok so I checked and I do not have that pinned forearm. So that means is removable right? Im so nervous about doing the swap since I'm a newbie at this.

Once you get it going, you'll be amazed how easy it is...

ATI Stock w/ GG&G Sling Mount

So, I ordered a set of GG&G looped sling attachments a while back and am running into an issue. The rear one installs between the receiver and the base plate for the ATI stock. Because of this the pistol grip on the stock is set back away from the back of the trigger guard causing a gap. Not a huge deal to me as my fingers are long enough to over come the length difference, but I was out at the range the other day and after firing a hand full of slugs the stock started coming loose. Has anyone else tried using these (or any thick sling attachments) with the ATI or similar style stocks? I'll try to get some pictures today and post em up.

Re: ATI Stock w/ GG&G Sling Mount

Which version of the ATI stock do you have? The newer versions have build in sling mounts so I don't use my GG&G adaptor.

Dan, glad to hear the R&D Team found a way to build a better mousetrap!

Do you mean this sling plate?
Talon_Mount_System.jpg

If so, while I love my ATI stock, that appears to be just a stamped piece of metal. I use a one point sling with an HK stye hook and it bent and stretched that thing to hell in one use. That's why I went with the GG&G. I have the ATI Talon adjustable stock. Maybe I was just doing it wrong...

Blackhawk Spec Ops stock and fore stock

I just bought a Spec Ops stock for my 1973 500. Went to put on the fore stock and it doesn't fit. Anyone else run into this problem? Has the 7-5/8 action.
Would appreciate any info.
Thanks,
weyes1

weyes1@gmail.com

Re: Blackhawk Spec Ops stock and fore stock

Could you give us a little more info on how it is not fitting? Pics would help immensly.

I think the problem is that the forestock included in the package is for the 6-1/2 action. It doesn't slide down over the action bars. Therefore not allowing me to put the castle nut on the slide.
I talked to Blackhawk and they have no idea what fore stock goes on a 1973 model 500. They only made 1 500 series that year. Not like now where you have 10 different 500 series.
Thanks,
weyes1

Either way I ould think it would slide down to the action bars. The difference should be at the other end where the nut attaches. Depending on the combination of tube and forent it will either fit just right, the forend will expend past the tube or the tuibe will extend beyond the forend.

You can try contacting Havlin Sales. They may be able to help you out, they are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the 500.

There was a big run of forends that don’t fit on any 500 from Knoxx/Blackhawk. You can take some of the ridges out with a Dremal tool and fit it but really it isn’t as nice as you would think. Also that forend when fit slides over the receiver when the action is open causing some problems with some of the side saddles interfering with the forend. Some later forends fit and there are #’s on the forend that coincide with model of gun. Just above the numbers found on your forend is a circle with a line pointing towards one of the numbers.If the line is pointing towards the # 2100193-A it is for the Remington 870. If the line is pointing towards the # 2100263-A it is for the Mossberg 500 w/ a 7-5/8 slide tube. If there is no –A in the part# it is for the Mossberg 500 w/ a 6-3/4 slide tube.
I have even heard if people getting Remington forends with a Mossberg stock

Re: flashlight and mount

You could check out amazon, I just picked one up for literally $2.95 + $4.95 shipping & it was here in two days. Just seach the term & you got a whole plethera of options, offset, adjustable & regular.

As far as a light goes, you could pick up a cheap modular solarforce P60 host (Industry standard size flashlight body) for $15 & put any type or brand of drop-in (pill & reflector) you want into it. Its really easy, its like legos. The solarforce is a surefire 6p clone. Youll probably spend a total of $30-$40 depending on the drop-in & fit n' finish you want. I know for a fact you could get 350lumens with a lighthound brand xpg drop-in that will fit right into the solarforce host, for prolly $20 & you can run cr123 or rechargable lithiums. If you want real blinding power & target identification u could even upgrade from that, get a thrunight, solarforce or nailbender drop-in rated @5-700lumens for about $30-40 retail depending on the brand. I have 2 custom 1000lumen XML pills in my Solarforce host & Dereelight host that I had made by a modder on a flashlight forum for roughly $60 & thats two of them lightboxed @1000L. My Solarforce & Dereelight might not have the coating finish or quality of big name brands but I've found them to be just as durable as the other marketed big name brands I own. Ive found all the big names are underpowered. You wont find 1000 lumens comming out of them in a single cell P-60 size & if by chance you do, your gunna spend 4-$800. Check out a few sites like..

Lighthound.com - Parts, Upgrades, Flashlights Solarforce, Surefire, Streamlight,Eagle-Tac, JetBeam,P60 hosts, Drop-ins, Knives, Survival Gear. A++

Batteryjunction.com - All you battery needs, Parts & some Flashlights.

Sbflashlights.com - Flashlights, SolarForce P60 Hosts & Drop-ins, some Batts.

Flashlightconnection.com - Dereelight A++ P60 modular brand with all sorts of options. All their lights fit each other, like Legos. Good deals.

They all will have what your looking for & they all strive to make your shopping experience a smooth one. I'd start w/ Lighthound, they have a storefront in TX & a phone #. Watch out, the flashlight thing can become addicting & no matter how studly you are.. most women will make fun of you. lol.

I use the Coast Products lights. I have the TX40 and picatinny mount. The light has a momentary on tailcap switch and I've got the remote tape switch too on my 590A1, but not on my AR.

Heres the thread in the "Product Review" section.

Coast Products Review: Lights, Multi-tools, Knives

100_6296Small.jpg

100_6286Small.jpg

100_6663Small.jpg

And a video... even if its kinda lame! :p Just turn the volume all the way up!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OUY17CDKo[/youtube]

It isnt the least expensive, nor is it made in the US. It is a good light and a good mount and Ive been real happy with it, I like it well enough I have two of them! They do include a lifetime gaurantee and theyve been rock solid thus far. There are others made in the US that are priced well... though these are what I have experience with. I say at least check em out and if you have any questions, contact Coast, theyre good people and willing to listen to what you need.

This little guy was only $3.. Haha. Works better than a $30 one I have!! Always learning the expensive way..

Attachments

• IMG_20120504_165127-1.jpg
    IMG_20120504_165127-1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 717

Heres another angle. Haha check out the cheap red-dot. I cant believe I just showed ya'll it.. :oops: I'll give it 1shot before it breaks.. Picked it up from an air soft joint for $24, just to see if I want that type of setup over GRS i was looking into

Attachments

• IMG_20120504_165339-1.jpg
    IMG_20120504_165339-1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 714

jimmycrackcorn said:
You could check out amazon, I just picked one up for literally $2.95 + $4.95 shipping & it was here in two days. Just seach the term & you got a whole plethera of options, offset, adjustable & regular.

As far as a light goes, you could pick up a cheap modular solarforce P60 host (Industry standard size flashlight body) for $15 & put any type or brand of drop-in (pill & reflector) you want into it. Its really easy, its like legos. The solarforce is a surefire 6p clone. Youll probably spend a total of $30-$40 depending on the drop-in & fit n' finish you want. I know for a fact you could get 350lumens with a lighthound brand xpg drop-in that will fit right into the solarforce host, for prolly $20 & you can run cr123 or rechargable lithiums. If you want real blinding power & target identification u could even upgrade from that, get a thrunight, solarforce or nailbender drop-in rated @5-700lumens for about $30-40 retail depending on the brand. I have 2 custom 1000lumen XML pills in my Solarforce host & Dereelight host that I had made by a modder on a flashlight forum for roughly $60 & thats two of them lightboxed @1000L. My Solarforce & Dereelight might not have the coating finish or quality of big name brands but I've found them to be just as durable as the other marketed big name brands I own. Ive found all the big names are underpowered. You wont find 1000 lumens comming out of them in a single cell P-60 size & if by chance you do, your gunna spend 4-$800. Check out a few sites like..

Lighthound.com - Parts, Upgrades, Flashlights Solarforce, Surefire, Streamlight,Eagle-Tac, JetBeam,P60 hosts, Drop-ins, Knives, Survival Gear. A++

Batteryjunction.com - All you battery needs, Parts & some Flashlights.

Sbflashlights.com - Flashlights, SolarForce P60 Hosts & Drop-ins, some Batts.

Flashlightconnection.com - Dereelight A++ P60 modular brand with all sorts of options. All their lights fit each other, like Legos. Good deals.

They all will have what your looking for & they all strive to make your shopping experience a smooth one. I'd start w/ Lighthound, they have a storefront in TX & a phone #. Watch out, the flashlight thing can become addicting & no matter how studly you are.. most women will make fun of you. lol.

It looks as if I might have to eat a couple words about the big name brands. I was just checking out some lights & I stumbled upon Lapolicegear's site. There were Surefires 2012 line-up on there. It looks like they finally climbed aboard the HIGH OUTPUT LED bus & sat down somwhere in the first 10 rows as oppose to the back... They have a new 2,000lm light that runs off of lithium ion rechargables :twisted: . They advertise it as if they developed the light engine but it is just a SST-90 led made by Luminus . Deffinatley the brightest led available in the flashlight scene right now. Its a power hog for sure & BIG$$. They also have a 800lm light called the UN3, that if I was to guess has a CREE XML-U2 or T-6 led for a light engine running @prolly 2 - 2.5 amps, also BIG $$. It is suppose to run on CR123's but that seems a little high for 123's w/out them blowing up (maybe it was a typo). I believe the rest of the 2012 line w/the exception of IR lights has the XPG-S2 led & putting out 500lm @ prolly around 1.5 - 2 amps?? Or maybe an XML, not sure havent seen them in person & Surefire deffinatley wouldn't say because its their guarded technology..lol. You can deffinatley run 123's in there safley. You can pick up one of the base models for around $100. They also came out with a revamped X-300 for simple picatinny slide n' click into place weapon mounting. The little bugga also has the 500lm led which will put the TRL line to shame. Not quite sure whether its a XML or a XPG led in there. I would want an XML, its a more floody led as oppose to a XPG led which is a good all round spot/flood.

I wonder if the more affordable Streamlight will climb aboard & put some high powered CREE's in there line-up & actually call them CREE leds instead of calling it their ground breaking "C4 Technology" when its really just CREE's line up from years ago ( they arent fooling anyone who knows a bit about lights). Hopefully Streamlight will make me eat my words & come out w/something powerful too! :p Ok Im done ranting... :roll:

Re: Aimpro Tactical Ghost Ring Install w/Pics.

Nice job on the install and documenting your efforts!

Back