• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Ready to mod my Persuader

Thanks for all of the input guys, def some good info. I guess I'm scrapping the rounds on the strap, but I do like the bandoleer idea.

Re: Building a tac 500

I had a setup with an AIMsports full length rail. If you do get Magpul BUIS make sure they are the American REAL ones not the Chinese Training ones, I think they are called Magpul PTS. They are about 50% the original price ($30+/- for both sights)

I almost had an Aimpro Tactical flashback, placed my order with Black Aces and after two days got no tracking number or confirmation email. So I called, got a friendly person on the other end who explained they were running as fast as they could and would get me a tracking number by days end. Days end rolls around and I have a tracking number...yayyyy.

Glad to hear! I will be patiently awaiting your review and some pictures!
There are no members to my immediate knowledge that own any of their products

Gear Dog,

Sorry I am getting here late, BUT I have had my shotgun in many forms, from "Tactical" too TACTI-COOL too Traditional and back too a "KISS Tactical". If I have learned anything, It is that it really comes down to personal preference and trying out products for yourself. Get a good idea of what everyone using and what we think about certain products, give something a shot, if you don't like it (and meet the rules criteria) you can sell it too another member here on MO, which I have done many times.

I absolutely loved my MESA Tactical LEO Adapter but I wanted it for HD and after countless range sessions I wasn't quite comfortable with it and it was too much money sitting in the corner waiting to get used lol That was my personal choice however and many users prefer the AR style stocks for HD/SD over the traditional Monte Carlo stock

Feel free to ask any questions :D

No worries I actually picked up a Nebo Pro-tec light and a single point sling. The light worked great, but didn't hold up too good on the range. After about 40 rounds it fell off so I just put it in my bag. It'll be fine for HD, if I need to lay down that many rounds at home I have bigger problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
8y3yryte.jpg

So lets see, more things to add to the 500...which by the way I finally notice is Mossbergs "Zombie" edition...but since zombies are rather unreliable lately can a person subsitute anti gun liberals and emo kids for them? Anyways, found a Chote stock at the gun store yesterday for 40 bucks and got one of the eotech foregrip/light combos on order.

Towmaster21,

I think Liberals & Emo Kids are sub catagories of Zombies, so I think they are Fair Game. I can't beleive the Bull S#it they are trying to pass (Liberals).

Sounds like it is coming along. Cant wait to see some pictures.

Frank

Gear Dog said:
No worries I actually picked up a Nebo Pro-tec light and a single point sling. The light worked great, but didn't hold up too good on the range. After about 40 rounds it fell off so I just put it in my bag. It'll be fine for HD, if I need to lay down that many rounds at home I have bigger problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
8y3yryte.jpg

we have the same gun. i have the nebo too. paid $30 shipped or less. its perfect for my HD and fits in my budget

and lmao at laying down that many rounds for bigger problems. that was my conclusion too.

i wish companies offered something similar to the cg and g sling mount for the mag tube. but with a picatinny rail for mounting a light/laser. that would end my how to attatch a light to the mossberg problems

Finally Complete!

Finally finished my first Mossberg. Just wanted to post some pics, and say thanks to everyone who gave me advice, and shared knowledge, you guys are awesome! The pics arent the best, but they get the point across.

Mossberg 500 7+1 Persuader
Magpul CTR Buttstock
Mesa Tactical LEO Adapter
SAW Pistol Grip
Eotech 552
Tactical Aim Tri Rail Forend
Magpul AFG2
(soon to be added) Surefire G2

It's not much, but it's my new baby, thanks again for input and advice!

Attachments

• Moss1.jpg
    Moss1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Mossy2.jpg
    Mossy2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Mossy3.jpg
    Mossy3.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 489
Re: Finally Complete!

Lookin good SGT, congrats!

Let me know how you like that AFG2. I tried, but the hand stop banged the crap outta my finger every time I pulled the trigger. Didn't get too many rounds down the pipe before I took it off and then switched to the original AFG. It's a bit longer and the stop doesn't contact my knuckle under recoil...

Wow!... That's friggin nice man!.. I'm extremely jealous.. lol
I really wish they sold that foreend for the Mavericks..

I know this is prolly a dumb question.. Have you shot it yet?.. If so how's the stock feel? ..

That gun looks bad-ass! A lot of quality stuff went into that.

Thanks alot guys, I have shot it with the new buttstock, but not the forend or the AFG2, and to answer your question, it shoots awesome, but does have a little more kick than other shotugns ive shot with knoxx stocks, or regular stocks. I'm definitely going to invest in a Mesa Hydraulic Buffer. Reviews say it reduces recoil on heavier loads by 50%. sounds worth the 150.00 to me lol

I think that the recoil is directed a lot differently than with a traditional stock or the Knoxx...

Back