• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Roger on the Disasters! Hopefully soon everything will settle out and be back to normal!
But that's enough jibber jabber lol back on topic :p don't want too steer it too far off course

Re: Finally some pics of my Thunder Ranch!

NewShockerGuy said:
Welp, it's been super busy, but here are some pictures of my Thunder Ranch!

First got it:
20120915_145930.jpg

20120915_150248.jpg

Pretty simple... I only added a couple things.

AimPro heatshield for the breacher/thicker diameter barrels.

20120925_193227.jpg

AimPro hi viz follower

20120925_193239.jpg

Brownells tactical safety to replace the pos plastic one.

20120925_193300.jpg

Lastly Mesa Tactical 4 shot shell holder.

20120925_193319.jpg

Now to take it to the range here in a week or two! Breaking it down is pretty simple, I like the simplicty of a shotgun compared to my AR or 1911...lol

:)

She's done, nothing else to do.

-Nigel

Just picked one of these myself. Nice job! I too am going to replace the safety and was looking at the Brownells. Thanks!

LCG4, Welcome too Mossberg Owners from Central PA!
Very nice pepper blaster! How do you like the MESA Side Saddle? :)

Got a 20" persuader for Christmas. Ordered a SOE shotgun card and an ATI talon stock as soon as I knew I was getting it. Ordered a flashlight mount as well, but it's still in the mail. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot it for the first time. I'm excited to be able to post here after lurking for so long.

a69f6b947cd99d88c263fc822f6cf4df.jpg

LTD, Welcome too Mossberg Owners!!
That is a SHARP looking shotgun!
ATI does a mighty fine job making a shotgun stock!

Winchester Super X Slugs, Remington Express Buck and Winchester Mil Spec 00 Buck? :)

9enegyte.jpg

Just picked up a new Mossberg 500 Slugster. So far has factory rifled and ported slug barrel w/rifle sights, Weaver style rail w/ See Thru scope rings, ATI Talon stock with adjustable comb, sling, and Center Point illuminated crosshairs (red or green) 3-9x40 scope.

Thanks, Mike

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

THANK YOU L.E.S.

Yeah I know its not for some but MY purpose is trying to get accurate distance from a 12ga. I know its possible, but I've never had one to really put slugs downrange (long range 100yds maybe) with confidence. I bought this one for the sole purpose of killing a deer at 50+ yards with sniper rifle accuracy. And keeping all day in the woods comfort in mind as well. ANY suggestions on other gear or what may NOT be good are welcome...

Archametes said:
ANY suggestions on other gear or what may NOT be good are welcome...

Very nice looking shotgun!

As far as additional gear, you've got an extremely good setup for slug accuracy already. My advice would be instead of spending money on more doo-dads use that money to buy the biggest variety of slugs you can get your hands on and put in the trigger time to find which ones YOUR gun likes the best.....that'll be where you find the last little bit of accuracy.

Tim4k5 said:
Archametes said:
ANY suggestions on other gear or what may NOT be good are welcome...

Very nice looking shotgun!

As far as additional gear, you've got an extremely good setup for slug accuracy already. My advice would be instead of spending money on more doo-dads use that money to buy the biggest variety of slugs you can get your hands on and put in the trigger time to find which ones YOUR gun likes the best.....that'll be where you find the last little bit of accuracy.

Already got that in the works as well. Any specific shells to avoid? I have Winchester PDX , Remington Accu-Tip and Solid copper, and Hornady SST to start with... 3 boxes of each...

Oh my! You have plenty of ammunition too start! Maybe once you find which one of those shoots really well or even relatively well, try some Hastings or Lighfield slugs. They are high dollar but really nice! Brenneke makes a few slugs that are Sabot and they get pretty good reviews too.

I used the Hornady SST out of an H&R Pardner Tracker II Slug to bag my first buck when I was younger. Couldn't say enough good about the quality and performance of Hornady Slugs! I just no longer have a rifled barrel to shoot them through :(

MyNewShotgun_zps5de16b02.jpg

Will post more when I get my camera fixed! Note: sticker, TDCJ (Texas Department of Criminal Justice) Texas Prison System. Checked with Prison System and it was used by guards who rode horseback supervising road crews! Shot very little!!

Nice lookin trio of boomsticks Sir!

Those virgin receivers are as good as money in the bank right now...

Just the Marinecote in middle is mine! Photo taken at LGS. Sold my AR 3 months ago :( could have gotten 3 times as much if I still had it now!!!

Back