• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

500A originally belonged to my younger brother.
Still remember the occasional quail sessions with my mom over the sink.

Well, since I'm not into birds...I made a few mods.

Tapco forend
Hogue stock
shortened ported barrel

mossberg-01_zps4da9717e.jpg

mossberg-02_zps66e5ebbf.jpg

mossberg-03_zps6286c131.jpg

mossberg-04_zpsa227a7e3.jpg

Only thing left is mounting the bead, duracoat and some range time :)

After a few trips to the range I changed a few things up. I went back to the original stock because it was easier to manipulate the release and the safety. But first I cut 1.5" off the back, stippled the grip, and fitted a limbsaver and a GGG sling mount. Effectively giving me a 12.75 LOP.

I also moved the SOE shotgun card to the stock and fitted and SKD shotgun card to the receiver. The SOE card worked well but shooting 3" OO Buck and 2 3/4" slugs would pop the shells right out when it was mounted to the receiver. The elastic is longer on the SKD card and there's a small insert in each loop to help hold the shells.

I've also got a single ring light mount with a cheap mag lite LED. I've put close to 200 ends through it and the light still works. This is the setup that works best for me. It's a little heavy, but having 20rnds of ammo at the ready makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I'm either going to get a forend strap, stipple the forend, or get a different one sometime soon.

e99239e7c72a8b2d70601786a860d38a.jpg

8373d6046abbfcc747ea5020908bd22a.jpg

12bfd5e11110a222fcb6b4595cb89e12.jpg
6dbf2eab8fb8bec2a908a91c2fec92d0.jpg

travismate said:
Updated pics with the new accessories. The afg was hurting my hand to much with the front finger stop so I cut it off and replaced the ladder guards with the magpul xtm guards for a seamless feel. I also stippled all contact surfaces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Man that's sweet love the Afg and the xtm I wanna do the same thing

lol I wasn't going to ask how it works... I don't want to know... :lol: Accessory to Breaking and Entry or Grand Theft is punishable by law... :)

Have you shot many slugs through it?

Thunder71 said:
Hahaha.

No slugs yet... Waiting for temps above freezing and hope to put some through it then.

You will have to let us know how that works out! I am curious to see if that improves any accuracy.

All I shoot through my 590 breacher is slugs.

Don't see any improvement in accuracy over my 590a1 with the standard barrel...

Been trolling around here for a couple of days, and actually just got home with my first ever shotgun.

550346_4210971796171_2068091418_n.jpg

I don't really mess around with my 1911, and really wanted something I could customize and make my own. I can tell already that this is going to be a money pit!

OldKraig said:
Been trolling around here for a couple of days, and actually just got home with my first ever shotgun.

550346_4210971796171_2068091418_n.jpg

I don't really mess around with my 1911, and really wanted something I could customize and make my own. I can tell already that this is going to be a money pit!

OldKraig,

Welcome to MO. Great looking first shotty. It already has some after market parts on it. Both my 1911 and Mossy were/are money pits. It is a fun hobby. Have fun, and keep up the posts when you change/shoot it.

Frank

Back