• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

mymossy.jpg

Wow, obnoxiously large image. Anyhow, it's got a Hogue 12" LOP stock and Magpul forend. Side saddle is some off brand as is the shell holder on the stock. Deciding on which front bead to go with. My SBR has been my HD weapon for a while but lately I've been finding this puppy next to my bed. It's full of 00 Buck.

Picked up another 500 yesterday. Traded a Mosin nagant for it. It is new in the box, ported 28" barrel, 3 chokes, and it is pretty. I am eager to take it out and pattern it for goose hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 25
DSCN0171_zpsf760f51f.jpg

DSCN0172_zps703dd1e7.jpg

DSCN0173_zpsdb55cfce.jpg

DSCN0174_zpse9c2f37a.jpg

DSCN0175_zps0296d004.jpg

DSCN0176_zpsc6f4dae7.jpg

DSCN0177_zps3e818507.jpg

DSCN0178_zpsc2eac340.jpg

DSCN0179_zps6566959c.jpg

DSCN0180_zpsa077cd7f.jpg

DSCN0181_zps565e6d8c.jpg

Here are some photos of my go to Mossberg 500*. *(It's actually a Western Field M550)

Receiver 1978

Factory Walnut Stock

18 1/2" Marinecote barrel

Factory Metal Safety

S&J Hardware Type 3 Mossberg Follower

S&J Hardware Detachable 6 Shell Cartridge Holder

Extractors and Extractor Springs Have Been Replaced.

Nice Light Firearm. Shoots to My Point of Aim.

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

Took one more today with a real camera AND the cheap side-saddle replaced w/ something much better that cost less than the original. You live and you learn. Esstac shotgun card. $15/each from SKD TAC and $5 flatrate shipping. I got it in 2 days and the loop side of the Velcro was $3 at Walmart for a small pack. I cut it so that the trigger assembly pin and serial were both accessible and visible respectively. I was cleaning the SBR... :D
Thinking about getting a 20" barrel so I can run the longer mag tube. What do you guys think? Where would you buy the parts? And is there a cheap slug I could buy to practice with?

Mossy.jpg

Nice.

I use the ESSTAC set up on a couple of mine too. Added the loop velcro to the outside flap of my chest rig AR mag pouches for an easy way to carry more cards at the ready.

Your best bet for the barrel, tube, and any other parts is to call Mossberg directly and place an order with them.

800-363-3555

Look on their website and find the 20" factory shotgun that has the barrel you want. Write down that model number and ask for a replacement barrel, mag tube, etc. for model "xxxxx" when you call in. It'll save you some time and frustration trying to explain the situation to the CS rep taking the order and it'll be easier for them to look up the part numbers based on an existing shotgun model number. The barrel should run you around $150, $35 for the mag tube, and $8 for the spring based on my last order.

Keep us posted on your progress...

underneath right in front of the loading opening it should have 500 and some other letters such as A and such.
mine looks very familiar and its an early 70's 500 AT .

Back