• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Slugs in my Mossberg 500

If it's the one you described in your other post, the 8-shot Persuader.....

YES, you certainly can.

But it'll hurt like the dickens........

Just make sure that you DO NOT do this. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPONUqYaKs[/youtube]

Again, NiteSite is correct here, you absolutely can shoot rifled slugs through your smoth bore Persuader!

With the pistol grip, full power slugs are likely gonna sting. Shooting pistol grip only (PGO) can be an aquired skill. Its difficult to bring the gun up to get a propper sight picture and not do like the video! Though it can be done! ;) I recommend firing some from the hip and then maybe chest height, armpit level, and get a feel for it first. Knowing what to expect makes a world of difference.

Just my opinions here, and I'm sure there is likely to be some better advice. Big thing, get out and shoot and have fun learning the firearm! Just excercise safety and caution, dont be the next viral video! :D

Long term storage while loaded

In a home defense situation, is there an issue with premature spring wear if leaving the magazine loaded to max capacity?

Along similar lines, any long term issues with leaving shells in the magazine for long (months) periods of time?

thanks

Re: Long term storage while loaded

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Minburn !!

With todays springs, I would be certain that leaving your firearm locked and loaded for extended periods of time would not affect it's performance.

FOREND QUESTION

Does anyone know specifically which model 500, and what years, came with the wooden corn cob style forends? Any pros or cons to those particular years or models? Thanks for your help.

Re: FOREND QUESTION

As for your question, not sure but Havlin Sales would be your best bet if no one else can answer your question. It's just a cosmetic thing though.

By the way, welcome to Mossberg Owners! Feel free to stop in the New Members Welcome Area and introduce yourself. Also, be sure to read the posting rules page. Since this is your first post I went ahead and edited your all caps post for you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum THE FORT !!

+1 on Havlin...

Rossignol said:
Again, NiteSite is correct here, you absolutely can shoot rifled slugs through your smoth bore Persuader!

You can shoot sabots as well, just don't expect good accuracy. I tried some out of my 500c with a rifled choke tude and they were keyholing terribly at 50 yards. It's definitly not worth the cost out of a smoothbore when the cheaper rifled slugs will perform so much better.

MikeD said:
Rossignol said:

You can shoot sabots as well, just don't expect good accuracy. I tried some out of my 500c with a rifled choke tude and they were keyholing terribly at 50 yards. It's definitly not worth the cost out of a smoothbore when the cheaper rifled slugs will perform so much better.

Mike is right here! I havent done it myself because of testimony like this. Like Mike pointed out, no reason to spend that kinda money on something that isnt gonna perform.

quite honestly, the way mossberg mixes and matches hardware on their 500. I dont think Mossberg could tell you.
sometimes its customer requests, sometimes they just need to get rid of some parts.

issues with Tacstar Sidesaddle......

i just purchased one of these for my 500A, but when i went to install it, the long bolt that replaces the pin won't thread into the tiny nut that came with it....i'm not sure if a thread is messed up on it or what. Also, i noticed when i had the bolt pushed through the hole, if i used the washer that came with it, it wasn't long enough to show any threads on the other side to even try to thread the nut on anyways....

Has anyone else had any issues with this brand?

Re: issues with Tacstar Sidesaddle......

I dont run a side saddle on my shotgun, but I would say make sure the nut will thread on outside the gun. I cant imagine you would have dinged a thread, but one might have been damaged in shipping.

Mossberg 500 Bantam 54132 Questions

Got a new 500 Bantam 20GA and have some questions:

Is the only difference between the bantam models and regular 500 the size of the butt stock and forearm?

There's a 50% off coupon for full size stock and forearm in the box, if bought from Mossberg. Not sure what their prices are yet, have to call them.

If you've gotten them, is this a good deal?
What other stocks and forearms would work?

Re: Mossberg 500 Bantam 54132 Questions

Hey there tzzooma, welcome to MossbergOwners.com! Please feel free to stop by the New Member Welcome Area and introduce yourself. Also, be sure to check out the Forum Rules and Guidelines and Search Feature posts to get the most out of your experience here. Again, welcome to the forum!

I was thinking that the action bars were shorter for some reason. Maybe someone else can come in and correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what makes the easy reach forend ... well, easy. I may be wrong though and it's just a longer forend on the back side. Actually, now that I think about it, that would make a lot more sense.

After looking, I can't find an action tube that is different for the 500 and 500 Bantam, so any forend and stock should work for you.

Back