• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

BowtieBill said:
Just got off the phone with our range, setting up a hand gun class for the wife and I. Asked about restrictions with Shotgun shells, she said they are the same as hand gun, just no steel. Can shoot shotshells, buck shot, and slugs, just have to pass the magnet test.

BowtieBill,

Excellent. I'm glad that you won't suffer through the same issues I have out here.

MadBiker Wolf said:
BowtieBill said:
Just got off the phone with our range, setting up a hand gun class for the wife and I. Asked about restrictions with Shotgun shells, she said they are the same as hand gun, just no steel. Can shoot shotshells, buck shot, and slugs, just have to pass the magnet test.

BowtieBill,

Excellent. I'm glad that you won't suffer through the same issues I have out here.

Well, we will see. Have not been to the range yet, but did purchase my guns through them, been good so far.
If you ever make your way up to Ventura, check them out. Island View is their name, it's an indoor range.

BowtieBill,

I'm down in south Long Beach but work up in the San Fernando Valley, so Ventura isn't a huge trip. Perhaps I'll take you up on your offer sometime this month.

Cheers,
Mad

The Limbsaver was delivered yesterday. Took a few minutes to install it last night, fits like it came from the factory.
Probably won't get to try it out until next weekend. Maybe this weekend if all goes well.

Hogue 12" LOP - OverMolded
Limbsaver Slip-On small (10546)
GG&G Looped Rear Sling Attachment

First impressions.

Hogue Stock:
Ordered from Optics Planet INC. They said it was free shipping but charged me anyway. Sent them an email asking about it about, they sent me a tracking number about 12 hours later. The next day they sent an email back saying it was too late and I picked the wrong shipping tab. I did this over my phone and in the drop down you couldn't read the shipping option. Oh well.

The Hogue looked tiny when I first opened the package. I like the grip. As everyone one has said, it feels good to tuck in behind it. Feels more squared up and you can tuck your elbow. Have not shot with it yet.

Limbsaver pad:
Ordered from Optic Planet INC
Very jelly like. Feels very soft. Slipped right on but it feels like it will slip right off as well. If this becomes a problem I'll order a screw on version. Have not shot with it yet.

Sling Loop:
Shipped from GG&G
Looks well made. There is a pretty good gap between the sling loop and the Hogue stock. Hoping this is not a problem. Still waiting for my sling, backordered.

Tried to load pics but it says Board Attachment Limit Reached.

ymaqyme7.jpg

ryre7y5y.jpg

9e2y4uvu.jpg

a9e9u3aq.jpg

I have that same pad on a Rem 770 .243, and on my shotguns I use the *Shooters Friend Recoil Pad*

http://www.amazon.com/SageOutfitters-co ... ers+friend

I have two of these and they spread the felt recoil .. feel little to nothing. I am currently working on a trade for a 590 SP . The guy wants a S&W BG.380 (which I have and really don't need since I bought a M&P Shield last April. I dunno .. little 'ole me @ 5'5" 125 lbs with a 12 gauge I will be using the pad for sure :lol:

Welcome aboard!

The 500/590 breacher barrels are the same heavy-walled barrels they use on the 590a1...

It's the same brand, but the one you linked is for the 500C 20ga and will not fit on a 12ga 500/590.

Other than that, mine took about two minutes to install...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's the same brand, but the one you linked is for the 500C 20ga and will not fit on a 12ga 500/590.

How is the fit?
Solid, like the oem stock? (or lack of)

Fits great.

The wobble comes from the forend design and action bars, not the furniture. You're not gonna find a forend that doesn't have some play in it. The play in tolerance is what contributes to the platform's reliability under all conditions...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Fits great.

The wobble comes from the forend design and action bars, not the furniture. You're not gonna find a forend that doesn't have some play in it. The play in tolerance is what contributes to the platform's reliability under all conditions...
Agreed... Can't seem to find your UTG model anywhere... No longer made?

Any leads on where I can get a 12 ga version?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Back