• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Well, I decided to try the Magpul. I kept the Mossberg strap, and added a thumb stop. Not sure if I need to move it forward or not. Probably should have used a longer rail section, so I can adjust it without taking the whole thing apart. I'll wait until after my next range trip before I change it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171031_161421.jpg
    IMG_20171031_161421.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 43
I recently received my S&J +1 Mossberg 590 mag tube extension. Great quality like their other gear, it came w/a longer/stronger spring & their enhanced follower.
However, upon installing it I discovered I was still at 5+1 instead of 6+1 so I contacted them through the vendor I bought it through.
Acting on S&J's suggestion, I tried using the factory Shockwave mag tube spring and discovered I could just *barely* fit 6 Winchester #7.5 field loads (2-7/32" long) but still only 5 S&B 9-pellet 00 buck (2-3/8" long).

So, for those more knowledgeable than I, is the S&B length considered unusually long or are the Winchester field loads unusually short?

While I was hoping for +1 w/o having to resort to mini-shells or similar ammo, I like how it looks, using the S&J spring I have more spring pressure (range testing is in order this weekend to ensure it's not too strong) and a little space behind the 5th shell to allow for faster/easier topping off.

Tomac

PA310003s.jpg

I could not get an extra shell of 00 Buck or slug (2&3/4) into my Shockwave using the S&J +1 extension. I used the provided spring and the factory spring, no luck. Tried several different types of ammunition recently.

Talon grip.....rubberized or granulate? What`s the difference?

FYI: Just in case anybody is not aware, the Talon grips offered by Mossberg are actually adhesive vinyl tape and not an actual a raptor grip. They charged me $15.64 to mail me a bubble mailer the size of a small envelope.

Perhaps use the s&j extra power spring and cut off a few coils to decrease the oal compressed coil length of the spring so that you could fit that 6th round in. I would not cut the OEM shockwave spring since it isn't a higher tension spring like the s&j one.

PS. that mag extension looks fantastic on there btw.

Perhaps use the s&j extra power spring and cut off a few coils to decrease the oal compressed coil length of the spring so that you could fit that 6th round in. I would not cut the OEM shockwave spring since it isn't a higher tension spring like the s&j one.

PS. that mag extension looks fantastic on there btw.

Thx! I really like the looks of the S&J as well. :D
S&J suggested I try removing the spring entirely and see how many S&B shells will load using only the follower. I can *barely* get that 6th shell in, so it's obvious no 6th S&B rd unless I want to go to an even longer extension.
No big deal, I'll use the extension along w/S&J's spring & follower and settle for 5rds for now.

Tomac

Probably should have used a longer rail section, so I can adjust it without taking the whole thing apart. I'll wait until after my next range trip before I change it.

Hey Click. I thought this might be worth mentioning and could save you some headache. The MLOK was designed to be able to mount/unmount accessories without needing to have access to the backside. In other words, no need to disassemble your forend to move the rail to a different slot.

This guy gives a great video overview of how it was designed to work:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I have been talking to Traction Grips a while. They have introduced their latest grip, for the Shockwave. It covers the entire grip.
They wanted to make it a one piece item, but the shape of the grip makes it too difficult. They make a nice product."
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tractiongri...019404?hash=item4b260e500c:g:FO0AAOSwQNRZwUlr
Rico, Sep 21, 2017 Edit Report

I'm going to see about working with Don on another couple of firearms that I have. If you go back to my last post, there's a link to a quickie install and review.

Hey Click. I thought this might be worth mentioning and could save you some headache. The MLOK was designed to be able to mount/unmount accessories without needing to have access to the backside. In other words, no need to disassemble your forend to move the rail to a different slot.

<snip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the advice, but I'm using the MAG491, which predates M-LOK compatibility. Probably useful for other members to note that they want the MAG494 if they are planning to attach M-LOK rails.

Luckily, I have plenty of rail sections. And despite the odd look, that thumb stop really feels like it's in the right spot. But only some range time will tell.

I got a good deal on a TacStar from CTD ($19.26 shipped) so I decided to give it a try, maybe the little extra weight might hold this cannon down :).....I`ll run a few rounds through here shortly to see how I like it.

100_8216.JPG

Back