• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590a1 51520 model question

berg590a1

Copper BB
So I picked up my new 590a1 model 51520 shotgun today. It is the one with the 18.5 inch barrel, grs, and compact stock for a shorter length of pull. I am a little alarmed that the box it came in is a "Maverick" box which is one of their low end models. My other 590a1 50771 special purpose came in a blue mossberg labeled box but this box is brown and very generic looking saying "Sporting Goods" on it but it does have the Mossberg product sticker on it saying the correct model number. It does appear to be the correct model as it has all the 590a1 51520 features with the mossberg made in the USA sticker on the stock and is stamped 590a1 on the side of the receiver (has metal trigger and guard, safety button, grs, and heavy barrel. My concern is why is it in this generic box when my other mossberg came in an "official" mossberg box? It was purchased from Buds the same as my other 590a1... Does anyone have any ideas?? Should I be concerned or is this normal etc...

I wouldn't worry about it.

All three of my Mossberg shotguns came in different boxes. One blue/yellow, one tan/green, and one plain cardboard with no branding...

Awesome news and thanks for the quick response. That is what I figured but also figured it wouldn't hurt to ask the masses :). I had it completely broken down in the store checking every inch before I accepted the transfer but was still a little uneasy.

I'll be sure to get some pics up of my two mossbergs. Mine is the 50771 20 in 9 shot with GRS and rail. The new one is my wife's. She loves mine but wanted a more compact one for her for HD work etc. I guess you have to know you married the right woman when for a wedding anniversary she wants and gets a 590a1 and I get a Glock 30 (she suckered me into getting her a glock 19 too lol). All in all, great anniversay - two glocks and another mossberg!!! lol.

WOW, you definitely got a keeper!

My wife bought me a 1911 a few years ago for our anniversary and I almost passed out. She was scared to death of firearms when we met, but now has a couple handguns and an AR of her own. Congrats on the new 590a1, the new Glocks, and the wonderful wife!

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Welcome from MI!!

Nice choice.

I wouldn't worry about the box as long as you received everthing that you were supposed to receive and the numbers on the gun match your paperwork.

Yea everything matched up and it is exactly what my wife wanted...better be she picked it haha. Last night we broken it down and cleaned it out thoroughly...well she did since it is her's haha. After she was done, we layed them both out on the floor (bayonet on mine of course for tactiCOOL purposes lol) and snapped a pic for the site.

Attachments

• Mossbergs.jpg
    Mossbergs.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 854
I'm late here but I'll plus one that mine also came in the generic "sporting good" box. The factory probably got a good price on the boxes so they used them. I peeled the "Mossberg made in the USA decal off and put it on a cabinet in the garage.

Enjoy your new baby!

I'm late gettin to this too darnit.

Congratulations on the arms, and good pic!!! Sounds like a fine woman and keeper of course!

Welcome to MO!!!

Fine lookin boomsticks you've got there!

...and I still can't talk my wife into cleanin her own guns... :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! The new boomsticks go very well with our collection and we love them both. As far as getting her to clean her guns...she yells at me if I do anything on them myself lol. It was funny a few weeks back when we were in an unfamiliar gun store and she was looking at a glock (ended up with a 19 to go with her 17 but bought from our main store) and the guy was talking down to her when he handed it to her. She cleared it, broke it down, and verified it had the correct updated recoil spring in about 5 secs looked up and his mouth was open in a WTF how'd she do that so fast look haha. I tried not to laugh as she, to some extent, schooled the guy.

Back