• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: mossberg 930 mods

Zakk2000, the model that you have is called the tactical 5-shot, that piece on the end is a door breacher, I have the home security model and turned it into a SPX by adding the barrel, ghost ring sights, mag extension, and charging handle. I went with the stock SPX tube and polished the inside and used the spring that came with the 930 H/S and I have had no problems with it using the H/S spring. I did run into a few problems using the SPX spring. The H/S spring was thicker and heavier than the SPX spring and I still was able to load seven in the tube. I also took a spare magpul rail I had on my AR and fitted it to my 930 forend to accommodate my TRL-1. The only thing I want is a Salient Arms reduced weight bolt to make it cycle faster.

Yes Sir, you've got a Home Security model 85330.

I've got the model 85338, smae as yours only with a factory heat shield...

Only thing I've added is a Nordic Comp +2 extension...

Great info and thank you!!!! How do go about changing the charging handle from the stock one to the larger one?!? Cost...and ease of install....can I do it myself?

No problem,

I changed out mine to a Nordic Comp charging handle, was about $30. You just pull out the factory unit and push the new one in. Here's a post and review from our board owner...

DHonovich said:
Nordic Components Charging Handle

p475516624-4.jpg

p202996488-4.jpg

p237076159-4.jpg

p38076840-4.jpg

First Impressions: The Nordic Components charging handle appears to be very well made and is surprisingly light. I did not measure it on a gram scale but it is very close to the stock charging handle that came with my Mossberg 930 autoloader.

Installation: You simply pull out your stock charging handle and insert your new Nordic Components charging handle.

Use: Well after throwing a ton of lead down range with the Nordic Components charging handle I can safely recommend this product for any Mossberg 930 Autoloader looking for a better feeling charging handle. The charging handle is well built, very ergonomic while providing great grip even when wearing thick gloves, light enough to not cause the bolt to jam when the Mossberg 930 Autoloader starts getting dirty and for me looks as though it should have came directly from Mossberg with it installed.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have tried to pull it out by hand....not so easy! Should I get some needle nose pliars and just yank or is there a method to this madness?

New Speed Chute for Mossberg 930

fc25l4901rwbtv.jpg

Just saw it today from Ralph Arrendondo ... Awesome !!! I can wait to convert my 930 to a open shotgun for 3 gun ..

Re: New Speed Chute for Mossberg 930

Cool. Does this halp facilitate loading of individual rounds or just for use with speed loaders?

1st post – Want decent 1913 rail mount for SPX exd mag tube

Hello all

I have a couple needs or desires to finish outfiting my 930 SPX. The ONLY issue I have had with it was the receiver’s Pick rail loosened up during the first 150 rounds or so, but a dab of blue tac fixed that.

As everyone who has one of these knows, it shoots whatever comes out of the magazine. Never had a misfire or FTE. I’ve got 200 or so rounds downrange at this point. Maybe 225, give or take a dozen or so and I’ve had it for a good while now.

Almost immediately, I took the Peep sight (Ghost ring?), off of it as peep sights on a shotgun aren’t my cup of tea. So it’s wrapped up and laying in the orig box along with the cable, lock, etc..

I put on the pistol grip Choate stock, and added Nordic armory + 2 mag tube extension, and their tube & barrel brace. the tube sticks out a couple inches past the muzzel as the result.

I’m seeking a solution that’s durable and will fit the mag tube so I can buy, and then attach a Klarus ? 600 lumen tactical 600 LED light to it. Naturally, the light will need it’s own tube & rail assembly so it will mate with the mag tube mount I’m seeking.

Something well made, not gaudy mall ninja or paint ball looking, in a low profile and anodized aluminum & black of course.

A single rail mount with 4 slots would be outstanding! I’ve seen some with 2 or maybe it was 3 (UTG?),

I’m not wild about the notion of getting the Laser Lyte Tri rail … but maybe if nothing else shows up I might have to get it.

I thought about the S&J or Aimpro forends, but I actually like the feel of the OEM forend. Also, I’d not wish to make this piece too extreme looking, and for my needs, this way saves me $150 or so..

I’d like to get a 20 incher perhaps with a shround/heat shield. The barrel on mine gets too hot to handle after firing only a few rounds. I’d like one that uses chokes… and has a smaller front sight. A bead will do in fact so that should pose few problems, as I’ve heard Mossberg or someone else sells a barrel setup just like that.. or someone does… somewhere.

At some point too, , I’m considering the Williams Fire sights or any others which are incredibly bright… day or night. Green … yellow or white. I can’t see red well enough for it to be a consideration..

I have to use extreme lights & or green lasers to sight with due to my vision being not too good.

My SPX primary job is to keep out critters I’ve not invited in. Period. Otherwise it just stands around the house somewhere watching TV, surfing the web, or simply napping. It just hangs around doing a whole lot of nothing, till I snatch it up and get in some range time.

It has a poor sense of humor. Too bad. No… I’ve not maned it. It’s just a tool. I refer to it as a 'remote controlled drill'.

Thanks to all for any input on these subjects I’ve scribbled down in this request for assistance customizing my SPX a bit more.

New 930 SPX Owner

Howdy,

Just ordered up my first Mossberg this week and awaiting delivery (# 85370). I know i paid more than most, but thats over with already. I went ahead and ordered the updated Nordic clamp with rail, the modified extension and their 12ga follower.

I tried searching for images of the current 3rd gen of this model to see what the new charging handle and sling point look like, but came up only finding images of the new charging handel.

Anyone have images of the new sling point and if there is one forward and aft of the shotgun? If i need to order any a sling point I was thinking of getting a quick release version from gg&g.

let me know, thanks, Joe

New 930 - questions

I just picked up a 930 with a breacher barrel. I am planning on putting on a Nordic +2 extension IF anyone ever gets them in stock. I have 2 questions.

1. What receiver rail should I consider to mount a red dot? I see a lot out there, anywhere from $6-$40 on average. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced, good quality rail?

2. Does anyone know for certain if the Nordic Components clamp will fit on the breacher barrel with a +2 extension? It looks like there is about 3 inches of available space to the handguard. I'm not sure how long the NC extension nut is and if there would be enough room between the nut and the bell of the barrel. I'm really only interested in using the clamp as a point to mount a light.

Re: New 930 - questions

Any picatiny/weaver type rail will work that is made for the 930 and matches the receivers tapped screw holes.

I personally have used UTG rails which can be found for ~$10 and they work well.

You should have no issues with the Nordic Clamp. There will be enough room the fit it on aft of the breacher end.

Re: New 930 - questions

Does your 930 Tactical have the factory heatshield?

If so, you're not going to be able to use the clamp. If not, it should work just fine...

Back