• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

No problem. I talked to the guys at Aimpro the other day and they are working on one of those forends now to see what mods the need to do to get it on a 930 with the "Breacher" barrel with heat shield. I am very excited to see how it is going, I want one of the forends!

I will be sending them my barrel shortly to have them come up with a solution.

Balroaq said:
Anyone know where a good place to pick up a 930SPX barrel and about how much they run?

I picked one up in the classifieds. But beware they tend to go quick. I've seen them anywhere from $100+. It just depends on the day.

MikeD said:
930_1062.jpg

930_1063.jpg

My 930 with newly puchased SPX barrel and red dot sight/rail.

I like the sight but I don't think I'm going to leave it on this gun, I think I will move it to my turkey gun when it is finished but I wanted to try it here just to see how it worked.

For the people that use sights like this on a defensive gun, how do you do it? When I pull up the gun the sight sits way to high and it pulls my cheek off of the stock. Do you just relearn how to shoot in a different position? Every time I would pull it up, I was string the the back of the rail and had to lift my head up to see through the sight. Maybe I'm just too used to lining up a bead.

Hi, where did you pick up you SPX barrel and what did it cost you?
As far as your sight plane goes, I know they do make red dots out there that work in a "co-witness" configuration on Mossbergs (I just can't remember the models right now), so I know they are out there. As far as raising your comb, if you do a little research you can probably find a "comb kit". Another option would be to wait until Mesa Tactical releases the Urbino stock with adjustable comb for the 930.(Hope it will be soon!)

I paid $160 for mine. That included shipping and ins. I've seen them for more and less. When I saw it pop up in the classifieds I jumped on it. The price was in the ballpark and I had been looking for a SPX or security barrel for a while.

I'm happy with it. :D

DHonovich said:
What kind of work are you having done? I was thinking about sending my security barrel to them and have them thread it for choke tubes,does anyone have any insight about having that done or has had it done and have an opinion about it.And how reliable is Aimpro?

Balroaq said:
Did it come with that sight on it or did you have a smith add it?

That front sight came with the barrel.

robcoman said:
DHonovich said:
What kind of work are you having done? I was thinking about sending my security barrel to them and have them thread it for choke tubes,does anyone have any insight about having that done or has had it done and have an opinion about it.And how reliable is Aimpro?
I am sending in my barrel so that they can try to make their forend fit with the heatshield. AIMPRO is a bunch of stand up guys and I would have no problem recommending them to you. Mike the owner runs a great shop.

So I wanted to take a picture buy my house is dirty so I made a back drop. Here are the boys. I waited until I got the rest of my birthday present to post before and after photos.
2012-03-03155924-1.jpg

Here is the 930 with the SPX rail and stock.
2012-03-22200730.jpg

I have the mag ext. but I can't find a how to for the install. But here it is screwed on.
2012-03-22200503.jpg

I'll be buying the strap thingie for the extension so once I have it on I will still have my strap. The only thing left will be adding a shell holder and decide on which reddot.

DHonovich said:
robcoman said:
DHonovich said:
I am sending in my barrel so that they can try to make their forend fit with the heatshield. AIMPRO is a bunch of stand up guys and I would have no problem recommending them to you. Mike the owner runs a great shop.

I actually tried ordering from them but they won't ship to Canada which sucks for me :D

If you pay for shipping I have one at my house that I can send your way. I opened it test fit on my 930 and came across the issue of it not fitting with the heat-shield model. So it is just sitting in a box right now. I will just buy another one when I order a new barrel.

DHonovich said:
If you pay for shipping I have one at my house that I can send your way. I opened it test fit on my 930 and came across the issue of it not fitting with the heat-shield model. So it is just sitting in a box right now. I will just buy another one when I order a new barrel.

Hey Dan,

Just need to clarify if you made this offer to me? If so I will PM you the info and send you the funds?

Back