• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg noob

OK, saw a Maverick 88 with 20" barrel; comes with side saddle, 3 different types of shells (cant remember and post was deleted by admin), and an after market fore end. He is asking $225 for it. Does this seem like a decent deal? To me it does, but I dont know too much about them... Im sure I can get a new one for that price but it does have the extras!

I dont know
Side saddles can cost $5 and up. Might be a good plus to the deal, maybe not.
3 different types of shells. Some shells are $5 a box others can be up to $20 a box. Without knowing what you are getting again "Might be a good plus to the deal, maybe not"
Aftermarket forend? Do you like it better than the stock forend?

I have seen a BRAND NEW 88 sell for $199. So the real question is.......Do YOU think its a good deal?
If you do and you buy it then IT WAS A GOOD DEAL!

Sorry but the best advice I can give you on this is if you like it buy it!

One more question......Why was the post was deleted by admin???

Try reading the posts. Maybe he is talking about another forum. I dont know

Ah ok, I was looking for a deleted post in this thread.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm a little slow. If it was a for-sale ad posted here on the forum, then the only reason it would have been deleted is if the poster didn't meet the minimum 30 days/30 posts requirements listed in the marketplace sub-forum rules...

524195_866263873419542_718364152859657320_n.jpg OK, the guy reposted about the Maverick 88... here is the info for it:
Maverick 88 with 20 inch barrel and side saddle.
Magpul foregrip new in box
10 slugs...
41 buck
47 game load.

I looked up the foregrip, on the website is it $30

Last edited:
One question you might want to ask is if the Mav'88 in question has an aftermarket model 500 slide tube assembly.

If not, it has the factory pinned forend and the aftermarket Magpul forend will be useless. I paid $199 for my brand new Mav '88 at Academy...

Back