• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Decker said:
So I am a complete newbie gun owner. My 715T is my very first gun. I am picking it up on the 28th and plan on going out shooting with some buddies on the 2nd. My question is... Do I need to clean the brand new gun before I take it for its first outing?

Thanks
Decker

Never hurts, usually helps.

Rootbrain

Decker said:
So I am a complete newbie gun owner. My 715T is my very first gun. I am picking it up on the 28th and plan on going out shooting with some buddies on the 2nd. My question is... Do I need to clean the brand new gun before I take it for its first outing?

Thanks
Decker
Congrats!Gett'ing a flat-top or Handle version?.Either one is a hoot.Good luck in your search for ammo to run through it.

nctrailboss said:
Decker said:

Thanks
Decker
Congrats!Gett'ing a flat-top or Handle version?.Either one is a hoot.Good luck in your search for ammo to run through it.

I bought the flat top w/red dot scope. I cant wait to go pick it up. I was able to find 3 325 count boxes of Federal but from everything I have read... I want to get my hands of some CCI Mini-Mags. Thats a really tall order here in SoCal.

Definitely get your hands on some of the CCI if you can, but those Federal bulk rounds are good stuff...

I am new to the mossberg forums, not new to forums in general... Just picked up a 715t from cabelas about two weeks ago, along with a grip, light, laser, digital camo bag, 10 boxes of cyclones, 6 boxes of federal from walmart, 3 boxes of winchesters from Kittery trading post. So ammo isn't an issue here...

I love the gun for it cheapness, and for the ability to go shoot for hours and it be super cheap...

It's cool because of the AR shell and you can add accessories to it...

I already painted mine a digital camo ish design.

I did have a problem of the charging Handel sticking so a quick grind on my chop saw has fix that

25 round clip after clip. No issues. Was jamming each round...

After three weeks finally got a chance to hit the range with the 715T. Went with a friend that had also purchased one and had not had a chance to fire it yet. I was shooting Goldens and he was shooting Federal of some sort. We both put 300+ rounds through them with zero issues. I had taken my mag apart and filed down the transition from the metal to polymer to get it to load beyond 11 but he hadn't. You could tell a difference when loading the 12th round as his was a bit tougher but was always able to fully load. Got to say, after reading about all the troubles as well as hearing about a lot of returns at Gander where I bought it, I was real impressed with it. We only had an hour and had a number of other guns to shoot so we didn't take the time to sight them in yet. Plan on hitting another range in the next few weeks with more time to spend sighting.

FL715T said:
After three weeks finally got a chance to hit the range with the 715T. Went with a friend that had also purchased one and had not had a chance to fire it yet. I was shooting Goldens and he was shooting Federal of some sort. We both put 300+ rounds through them with zero issues. I had taken my mag apart and filed down the transition from the metal to polymer to get it to load beyond 11 but he hadn't. You could tell a difference when loading the 12th round as his was a bit tougher but was always able to fully load. Got to say, after reading about all the troubles as well as hearing about a lot of returns at Gander where I bought it, I was real impressed with it. We only had an hour and had a number of other guns to shoot so we didn't take the time to sight them in yet. Plan on hitting another range in the next few weeks with more time to spend sighting.
Glad you got some rounds through it.Very cool guns for the price for sure.Both of mine have been as reliable as a #2 lead pencil!

Hey guys! Just got my 715T...haven't really done anything to it yet. I was needing another project and this seems like a fun one to tackle.

Attachments

• 0021.jpg
    0021.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 300
nctrailboss said:
Glad you got some rounds through it.Very cool guns for the price for sure.Both of mine have been as reliable as a #2 lead pencil!
After reading all the reports of issues here I was a bit concerned but they were both flawless. I also picked up a S&W M&P 15-22 and the feel between the two is no comparison but the Mossberg was just as reliable on the rang. Very happy with the purchase.

SUGARLOAFER said:
I am new to the mossberg forums, not new to forums in general... Just picked up a 715t from cabelas about two weeks ago, along with a grip, light, laser, digital camo bag, 10 boxes of cyclones, 6 boxes of federal from walmart, 3 boxes of winchesters from Kittery trading post. So ammo isn't an issue here...

I love the gun for it cheapness, and for the ability to go shoot for hours and it be super cheap...

I did have a problem of the charging Handel sticking so a quick grind on my chop saw has fix that

could you go into more detail as to how you fixed the charging handle with the chop saw am interested

mducret78 said:
could you go into more detail as to how you fixed the charging handle with the chop saw am interested
Sounds like he used the chop saw like a right angle grinder and ground down an area that he could see rubbing. Pics would be useful of the ground area so we can visualize it.

mducret78 said:
SUGARLOAFER said:

+1 I have it happen too sometimes. Sticks on the lock position, have to fuss with it to go into battery.

Rootbrain

I bought the gun today. I have been hunting it down for 3 weeks now. I made it to the store 2 hours after they opened and had 2 left, and one of them just so happened to have the RDS so I picked it up. I live in an urban area at the moment so only got to shoot 3 rounds threw it pretty much straight in the ground. I got the one with the 26 round clip as well!

I wont get to shoot it much until probably next weekend, assuming I can even find rounds for it. I have about 200 rounds laying around, but that won't get me very far because i need to sight in the scope. The store I purchased it from got 90 bricks in this morning and had sold every last one of them by the time I had got there.

I'll be around, mostly trolling to see where / what attachments I can find for it before I actually get to go shoot it.

:tu:

Welcome aboard and congrats!

You can pick up an inexpensive laser bore sighter and save yourself some ammo...

Bushnell Laser Boresighter

I bore sight new rifles before heading to the range and once I get out there am always able to zero my optics in three rounds or less...

Hello Everyone!
Just picked up my 715t from buds today (I live in Lexington). Won it on bidgunner.com for a whopping $2.71 It was my first ever "penny auction" purchase, and my last. Not that I had a bad experience or anything, bidgunner.com and Buds have both been great! I just figure you can only get so lucky... :D I plan on giving it to my daughter as her first rifle.

I won the flat top, fixed stock version (I can't seem to locate the numbers that everyone refers to on the label on the box, and am at work right now and can't check). My question is - can I put an adjustable stock on this gun? If so, could anyone possibly point me to a website that provides these? I saw a post by ATI earlier in this thread, and while they do seem to have them, they are $50 and fit "most" models. I would need a bit more confirmation before ordering one.

I'll post pics tonight when I get home!

xactionbobx said:
Hello Everyone!
Just picked up my 715t from buds today (I live in Lexington). Won it on bidgunner.com for a whopping $2.71 It was my first ever "penny auction" purchase, and my last. Not that I had a bad experience or anything, bidgunner.com and Buds have both been great! I just figure you can only get so lucky... :D I plan on giving it to my daughter as her first rifle.

I won the flat top, fixed stock version (I can't seem to locate the numbers that everyone refers to on the label on the box, and am at work right now and can't check). My question is - can I put an adjustable stock on this gun? If so, could anyone possibly point me to a website that provides these? I saw a post by ATI earlier in this thread, and while they do seem to have them, they are $50 and fit "most" models. I would need a bit more confirmation before ordering one.

Ummmm. You WON it for 2.71, but how much did it cost after you pay for the auction and each .55¢ one penny bid.

People, Google this site before you do this.

Rootbrain

rootbrain said:
xactionbobx said:
Hello Everyone!

Ummmm. You WON it for 2.71, but how much did it cost after you pay for the auction and each .55¢ one penny bid.

Rootbrain

I used 21 bids, and there was a $10 S/H fee. That, plus the $2.71 made it a total of $24.26. And I had several bids left over, because I only bought the 50 pack for $42.50... Still have those, haven't seen anything else to bid on. I see that perhaps you saw that this was my first post, and assumed that maybe I was somehow affiliated with that website. I'm not, nor have I ever been. Like I said, it was my first time trying anything like that, and I got lucky. NO, I don't recommend everyone go out and try it. I went in with the attitude of "I'm ok with losing $42.50", and just got lucky. I did watch the site for about 3 weeks prior and try to devise a pseudo strategy to it. Clearly, that paid off.

And thanks for the warm welcome -

xactionbobx said:
rootbrain said:
xactionbobx said:
Hello Everyone!

Rootbrain

I used 21 bids, and there was a $10 S/H fee. That, plus the $2.71 made it a total of $24.26. And I had several bids left over, because I only bought the 50 pack for $42.50... Still have those, haven't seen anything else to bid on. I see that perhaps you saw that this was my first post, and assumed that maybe I was somehow affiliated with that website. I'm not, nor have I ever been. Like I said, it was my first time trying anything like that, and I got lucky. NO, I don't recommend everyone go out and try it. I went in with the attitude of "I'm ok with losing $42.50", and just got lucky. I did watch the site for about 3 weeks prior and try to devise a pseudo strategy to it. Clearly, that paid off.

And thanks for the warm welcome -
And that strategy is....?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I finally got to take my gun out today for the first time. I followed the advice of many and decided to fully clean and oil the gun before putting any rounds through it. I also loaded the magazine and let the springs wear in a bit for the past week and a half.

I did have the problem of not being able to put in a 12th round in to the mag, but that was easy to get around by compressing the spring all the way to the bottom (at around the 8th round) until I got the 12th/13th in, then I could put the rest in (sometimes I used the easy loader, other times I didn't).

Anyway, I put around 250-300 rounds of Federal 36-grain ammo through it and didn't have a single issue. No misfires, jams or FTFs. I was VERY happy with the way this little rifle performed. :D

I didn't have the opportunity to dial in my scope properly because we were having too much fun (I brought my Remington 870 with me too), although I did get it to within a couple inch grouping from about 30-40 yards by messing with it on-the-fly.

~Darth Jim

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFJtN8mPsc[/youtube]

,,,,,,sounds like you had a great time.glad to hear she worked well for ya. :D

Back