• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

nctrailboss said:
You can make a sport of finding 22lr ammo. :lol: Cabellas had 10000 boxes of federal 325 in stock yesterday.It was all gone by 11pm.I got lucky and snagged 6 boxes at 10:25pm,guy said there was about 100 left at that point.Fair price too,15.99 a box.He told me one order was for 100 boxes. :shock:
Yeah, I think it's my new favorite, or maybe most hated, sport :?

Got a flyer Tuesday evening from Gander Mountain (where I bought the 715T Sunday) and they were having a gun and ammo sale so I ran by yesterday at lunch, what a mad house. They had signs everywhere saying limit one per customer on bulk ammo and 4 per customer on boxed ammo. Of course by the time I got there everything .22LR was gone.

Allright fellas I'm in the Tactical .22 715T club. I just bought a used one for $249 with one 30 round magazine. The state's shutdown today (snowstorm) so I'll be able to pick it tomorrow (i hope). Once I get familiar with it I should be able to help out here with some advice or what have you....

I'll post a pic when I get home....
cheers!!

Here it is...I need to shovel myself out first then see if they're open around 10....

PsJ7YFil.jpg

Well....they were not open today. Probably snowed in like me. Maybe sunday or tuesday after work.....closed mondays regularly....

Well I'm now the proud owner of a new 715T and so far I love it. Added a red dot site and verticle fore grip. After running a hundred rounds through it it is having a few failure to eject issues, but I think it was due to the looseness of the magazine which I have now fixed. Going to run a few hundred rounds through it today and see how it does.

Dangle said:
Well I'm now the proud owner of a new 715T and so far I love it. Added a red dot site and verticle fore grip. After running a hundred rounds through it it is having a few failure to eject issues, but I think it was due to the looseness of the magazine which I have now fixed. Going to run a few hundred rounds through it today and see how it does.

Congrats and welcome from MI!!

New Owner!!!

Just picked me up a carry handle version last night and was hoping to shoot today but we are getting some snow, so thats out the question.. :(

so probably gonna break it down and give it a cleaning...

Couple questions:

Any ammo I should avoid at all cost? I know every gun is different, but just want to see if there is a certain 22 ammo that is just garbage.

Also, anyone know where i can get a 25rd magazine at for these?

Re: New Owner!!!

The 715 / 702 is NOT a fussy eater. Buy in small lots at first (oh-first step - FIND 22LR ammo!) If you find something that does not work well post up here. The larger magazines are a tough find take a tour through the on-going thread here: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=4383
AND welcome to the forum!!

Re: New Owner!!!

THanks, I toured last night but was late and didnt retain the info lol

I know of one local shop who i called and they said they had Blazer (i think)
Ill keep an eye out and update with any ammo that gives me issue

I bought a 715T this morning and was fortunate to discover MidwayUSA has the 25-round magazines, so I bought two (the limit).

Watching the videos of the disassembly/reassembly I'm very concerned about proper takedown but I own a 25-year old Ruger Mark II and think if I can reassemble that the Mossberg shouldn't be too much more difficult.

Any tips will be appreciated, and looking forward to getting my new 715T prepped correctly so that I can enjoy years of fun.

it doesnt look to bad to do (probably do mine tonight)..just find a good you tube video..ill post the one i use after i do it and any things i run into

Personally I think people worry too much about the difficulty in cleaning.
If you use good ammo, the gun doesn't require a complete tear down all that often.
I've found Blazer works best in mine.
I stripped it down when new to clean out the gunk and give it a proper lube.
Since then I run a rod down the tube every couple hundred rounds and squirt some gun cleaner/lube into the action after every shoot.
My gun now has about 3000 rounds on it since I tore it down and it has been about 600 rounds since I had my last FTF. In my last 3 outings (normally put around 200 rounds through it when at the range) I've not had a single failure of any kind.
Rimfires just aren't as cleaning picky as centerfires IMO.
As my dad says, back when he was a kid shooting gophers (this would be the 50's) he put thousands of rounds through his old Cooey and other than wiping it down never though of 'cleaning' it...and from what he and his brothers claim a heck of a lot of gophers met their end by that gun.

So I am a complete newbie gun owner. My 715T is my very first gun. I am picking it up on the 28th and plan on going out shooting with some buddies on the 2nd. My question is... Do I need to clean the brand new gun before I take it for its first outing?

Thanks
Decker

Back