1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

New metal Mossberg safety from CDM Gear

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by Rossignol, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

The only link I have is via Facebook. I've long been a fan of CDM Gear and he is now expanding his Mossberg line with a metal safety which he himself has designed and produced.

https://www.facebook.com/cdmgearfan...05794072/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_reply#

I think this called the "Delta Wave" safety and in the video it's mounted on the 930 SPX. He says he'll have other colors available at some point too and with an attractive or competitive MSRP.

I'll see if it's something I can get a hold of when they become available so I can actually review it here.
    95jza80tt and ripjack13 like this.
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Looks interesting. The design makes a lot of sense...
  3. WNCmotard

WNCmotard .270 WIN Supporter

Do they make a normal sized non tacticool version also? To each their own, but that thing looks ridiculous to me.
    INMY01TA likes this.
  4. Rossignol

I don't put this in the catagory of tacticool at all and hope to put one on my turkey gun actually.
    LTB45 likes this.
  5. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I like it. Just use some gunblue stuff and make it tacticool....
  6. Rossignol

Scott says these are still rolling off the production line in his shop and they'll go to anodizing after that. Later they'll be made available in other colors.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  7. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Right on. I an oversized one at the moment. But this would be so much better.
  8. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I like it.
  9. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

10. LTB45

LTB45 .30-06 Supporter

Big safeties are great for hunting. This one looks very useful!
  11. CDM Gear

CDM Gear .22LR

This will give you an idea of how it works. You can now keep your thumb securely on the safety for fire and safe conditions, switching back and forth faster than any other safety for Mossberg. It offsets activation back about 3/4 of an inch too. Gloves, no gloves, wet or dry conditions it works fast. These will be available in black initially but we will have some for 3 gun in red, blue and gold.
    ripjack13, RedOBXT, Waitster and 2 others like this.
  12. Rossignol

Got word from Scott of CDM Gear, the new safeties should be available the second week of March and will retail for $19.95.
    LTB45 and old mossy like this.
  13. RAMBO

RAMBO .410

THANKS TO THIS SITE, THERE IS ONE ON MY 930 SPX BW. ITS A GREAT ADDITION.
    RAMBO
  14. Whitey

Whitey .270 WIN

Received mine a few days ago. Very nice piece indeed! Just installed it today on the 930 SPX, I think I'm really going to like it. Very functional and practical. Oh, and these are up on their website as of early last week. Good stuff.

S4010112.JPG S4010114.JPG S4010115.JPG
    ripjack13 and Rossignol like this.
  15. Rossignol

Looks good!
    Whitey likes this.
  16. Whitey

Whitey .270 WIN

Thanks! And thank you for bringing this to light.
    Rossignol likes this.
  17. Rossignol

Got the new DeltaWave safety the other day and installed it this morning! Test run was great and I may be able to put together a crappy video later.

IMG_1113.JPG
    ripjack13, MikeD, LTB45 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Rossignol

Video which may work properly.

19. Water Monkey

BOOM!

Phone

Epic!
  20. Water Monkey

I need a tier 1 beard.... my crap grown in looks like an adolescent Hasidic Jew beard. And I should know... I audit an entire Jewish community's school district.