• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OH steps in the wrong direction...AWB Ban submitted. But...

OhioArcher

Where's da fishes?
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Well, I wondered what was going on and just found this in the AR15.com forum. Doesn't surprise me but I'm not happy about it. Time to fire up the typewriter again...

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bill ... =130_SB_18

This is more of the same BS going on elsewhere. I guess ALL Dmeocratic legislators feel the need to submit SOMETHING no matter how asinine...

EDIT: Found about this as well. Some good news...

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bill ... =130_SB_36

In a struggle of good vs evil, these are decisive battles. And our freedoms, livelyhoods and souls are at stake...

Re: OH steps in the wrong direction...AWB Ban submitted

Lame. Lame but real none-the-less. ARG.

Re: OH steps in the wrong direction...AWB Ban submitted. Bu

The sponsor and co-sponsors are from the counties with the larger cities (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo). Still makes me sick that these same communities are cutting LEO funds but want to curtail our right to self defense.

Having recently left an eastside suburb of Cleveland this does not surprise me. The city consistently makes bad decisions focusing on inconsequential issues instead of one's that will really change the direction of these dying cities

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Sure is a lot of plagiarism going on between these States. :roll: I guess Feinstein or her operatives must have sent out the same boilerplate to all the Dems.

Bad, bad bad bad.

Got some more homework to do now.

Sure is a lot of plagiarism going on between these States. I guess Feinstein or her operatives must have sent out the same boilerplate to all the Dems.

Yeah, PA has just had some idiotic bills submitted to, none of which I think will pass. We have a very conservative govenor and legislature right now.

You are the only state that borders PA that hasn't actually passed idiotic gun laws yet. No retreat, no surrender Ohio!

Our govenor has been leaning to the moderate side these recent days.

The last round of emails I sent him, he said in his replies my concerns were federal issues he couldn't do anything about and suggested I contact my federal level reps. Not that I didn't already mention I knew these were federal level issues but that I wanted to know where he stood and encouraged him to consider something like the Ohio Sovereignty Act.

He pretty much blew me off and avoided the direction of my questioning. Its weird how quickly he has turned in recent weeks. He has recently supported expanding medicare with federal dollars, nevermind those extra dollars still comefrom tax payers here in Ohio too, but so long as it doesn't increase state taxes. Its the shell game, make it look like the federal govt is just givin us this money. And at the same time be more beholden to them.

Sorry for that tanget but its insight to where he is right now, and it makes it difficult to say where he will stand. I know all this is in proposal right now but no way we can wait for it to go further to react. And for all the "work" BFA has been doin and still we see this crap.

I wonder if it feels any different bein an outlaw?

Rossignol said:
Our govenor has been leaning to the moderate side these recent days.

The last round of emails I sent him, he said in his replies my concerns were federal issues he couldn't do anything about and suggested I contact my federal level reps. Not that I didn't already mention I knew these were federal level issues but that I wanted to know where he stood and encouraged him to consider something like the Ohio Sovereignty Act.

He pretty much blew me off and avoided the direction of my questioning. Its weird how quickly he has turned in recent weeks. He has recently supported expanding medicare with federal dollars, nevermind those extra dollars still comefrom tax payers here in Ohio too, but so long as it doesn't increase state taxes. Its the shell game, make it look like the federal govt is just givin us this money. And at the same time be more beholden to them.

Sorry for that tanget but its insight to where he is right now, and it makes it difficult to say where he will stand. I know all this is in proposal right now but no way we can wait for it to go further to react. And for all the "work" BFA has been doin and still we see this crap.

I wonder if it feels any different bein an outlaw?

Do you mean looking back over your shoulder to see where the next blow is coming from? Looking at everyone around you with distrust wondering who is with you and who is against? Wondering when you wake up if this is day the bastards win?

Yeah gov. Nixon in MO has submitted an asainine bill just short of NY standards. Mags are at 10rd and the same gun surrender or ship out of state provision.

This better be as hopeless as it seems. The MO 2A crowd has jumped on it with both feet. This state is among the strongest in support of guns and gun rights right in there with TX and FL - ccw will issue, 38 state recognized and reciprocity, castle Doctorine of the highest order etc. even if he's doing this as an exercise for political position he will have cemented and polorized a LARGE group of voters permenantly!!ARG!!! Fool.

Wow, NINE rounds! Really?!

How do these morons come up with this crap?

Here's my take on the nine rounds;

Who makes a nine round magazine?

That's what I thought, no one. Therefore, all our firearms are useless.

I also like the part how "assault weapon" is defined. Any semiautomatic firearm capable of accepting aa detachable magazine that holds ten rounds or more or any semiautomatic firearm with a fixed magazine capable of holding ten rounds or more.

The nine round deal just makes it so that even if we can keep our firearms, we can't possibly legally load them unless we could find five round mags. This would also make even a standard 1911 illegal.

Rossignol said:
This would also make even a standard 1911 illegal.

...ah yes, because it's "capable" of accepting a mag with 10rd or greater capacity...

I'm sure some anti gun group is advising her on the bill she submitted. On top of making what everone already has illegal, think of the difficulty for manufacturers if Ohio was 9, NY was 7, another is 8 etc. Biden was making personal calls to Colorado lawmakers pushing for them to pass the anti gun laws there. It makes me think they they know the federal ban isn't going anywhere and will focus on the states.

Give em' hell Ohio!

Yeah, this one leaves a lot of room to interpret its meaning. I know its a "place holder" bill and is a proposal right now while details are hammered out, but dang this is vague.

carbinemike said:
It makes me think they they know the federal ban isn't going anywhere and will focus on the states.

Mike, I make it a point to try and read through all of these Bills that I can get the texts for. There is definitely a similarity between all of them......I'd say if they aren't copying off each others paper they are definitely working off the same notes. You are probably on the right track with thinking that they figured out they weren't going to get a ban done on the Federal level and decided to focus their energies on the smaller, easier to win State battles.

Ohio is a lot like Illinois in the fact that you have an entire State forced to follow the whims of a few major urban population centers. You guys have Cincy and Cleveland and we have the cesspool off of Lake Michigan.......Keep the fight up guys! If there is anything we've learned here the past few months it is that this crap CAN be defeated in the Courts.

No Compromise, No Quarter

God, I wish I had the funds to drive to Anniston and buy one or two rack grade M1 Garands and some sardine cans of .30-06

I'll be carrying a sign to support OH SB 36 and defeat SB 18. As well as ask to the sponsors to be fired. My sign might have to be the size of a semi if I put everything I wanted to say on it...

Back