• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Paracord

neat lookin stuff. pretty reasonable priced too. with the fancy coloring i would have thought it would be more expensive. amazing how popular something so simple has become lol.

I know para chord has some give to it when it's put under pressure. Do you have any issues with give in those spaces of the handles?

Furthermore, does anyone have any input on longer term wrappings? How do they hold up?

The twist down the center line of the wrap creates a ridge of sorts on the inside and out so the cord from both sides is actually touching in the gap. There really isn't any give at all. Stuck the blade in my bench vise during the wrap so it's extremely tight...

LES I have the same Remington blade like you posted earlier in the thread. I think I'm going to use that zombie colored paracord I got and make a first attempt at this. Thanks for posting the vid. It should be very helpful.

No problem, glad you found it useful.

My only suggestion would be to secure the blade in a vise so you can apply an appropriate amount of force. I tried it while sitting on the couch, but couldn't get the wrap tight enough. The bench vise made the process go much easier and faster...

@Elucase. Thats my buck Paklite Skinner that I wrapped 9-10 months ago. Its an every day carry rides in the side pocket of the carpenter style jeans I wear. It gets rolled on, leaned against, and scrubbed across everything. And the wrap is still tight as the day I wrapped it. I'm genuinely surprised it has not worked loose.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403291384552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403291384552.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 7
Good to hear. I remember using para chord for a clothesline in Afghanistan and I'd have to rig it to keep the clothes from the ground. I'd have to get it so tight that if you hit it you'd fall on your ass. Made for some funny moments I tell you what.

Not bad for my first attempt at ever doing something like this. I'm probably going to remove it and try again to see if I can get a little bit cleaner. LES that video helped tremendously. I skipped the flat wrap option in the video. I'm thinking it will turn out nicer if I do that first like he suggested. Over all though I'm very happy with the way this trial run turned out.

Back