• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Paracord

I agree with making him work for belongings. My father, though he spoiled us when he could, always told me to get a job whenever I asked for something, he always told me that if I didn't learn to work for my possesions then I would most likely find myself without any. So at the age of 11 I got a job at a flower shop as a tux boy. Been working ever since, and I have a lot of great toys and gear to show for it. Cudos to you for being a good parent, and of course helping them out when they show initiative is always great.

obviously it can be used to tie stuff together, its multi stranded so can be broken down to make smaller strings for stitching and fishing, what are some other out-of-the-box uses for this stuff?

Just picked up an Ontario RAK and while the factory scales are of great quality, I just didn't like the feel...

So out came the paracord. Here's the RAK after I removed the scales and chord wrapped the handle...

The wrap is nice & tight and I like the feel a lot better than the factory scales...

Used 12' total length for the wrap. Left a wrist loop with an extra braid at the end...

The extra braid will give me four feet to use if needed before having to pull from the handle wrap...

Very nice LES. I have to show this to my boy. He is a paracord junkie.

Cool.

This was the first wrap I've done, so he could probably do a better job. Didn't turn out too bad though...

Very cool. People in the military keep para chord bracelets, para chord knife handles, para chord slings, because when you're in the field or combat, you can never have too much.

I really like it.

Have a bunch of chord left and I catch myself looking at stuff around the house and thinking, I can wrap that...

yne3u8uz.jpg
Put a length with a small plastic snap on the sheath of my Ontario SP1. That way I can cinch it snug to my leg. A simple knot slides for adjustment, but doesn't slip and works very well.

Back