• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Plinker Project

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just kicked off my next project. The rifle is on its way from Bud's and I should have it sometime next week.

Remington 597 AAC-SD

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... ac-sd.aspx

Been looking for a .22lr plinker for a while but I wanted one with factory threading to accept my suppressor. Granted most .22lr rifles can be threaded, but the process most often requires removing and re-staking the front sight. I just didn't feel like going through the process, so my .308 Remy 700 AAC-SD is getting a little brother here pretty soon.

Gonna drop it into a 'fire and ice' Trailblazer Rimfire stock and top it off with a Simmons 22 MAG 3-9x32 rimfire scope on a DNZ Game Reaper one-piece mount. The stock, scope, and mount all showed up yesterday, so I'm good to go when the rifle arrives. I'll post up some pics of the gear tomorrow.

Here's a little preview of the stock...

This thing looks CRAZY good!

I will be starting a similar project in the near future so I look forward to seeing yours come together.

Here are some pics of the parts I have so far...

KSA Trailblazer Rimfire Riflestock in 'fire and ice'

DNZ Game Reaper mount

Simmons 22 MAG 3-9x32

Looks like the project is off to a good start...keep us updated my friend !!

I almost bought a ruger 22 with the same kind of stock you have , but I settled on a Winchester with walnut wood furnature. After I got home and used it a while. I wasn't impressed with it. Shudda went with the red ruger. Darn it.

Picked up my Remy 597 AAC-SD yesterday. Had a chance to take some pics this afternoon...

I should have it scoped out and all set up in its new stock tomorrow and I'll post up some new pics...

Thanks!

Dunno yet. Had plans to take her out this morning, but it's frackin cold outside and I couldn't talk myself into it. Maybe tomorrow. I'll post up a full range reprt once I've had some trigger time with it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thanks!

Dunno yet. Had plans to take her out this morning, but it's frackin cold outside and I couldn't talk myself into it. Maybe tomorrow. I'll post up a full range reprt once I've had some trigger time with it.
I hear ya les, I wanted to get out yesterday, but my car door was totally frozen shut. Going from 32* f to -19*F overnight will do that I guess :p

Back