• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Handguns

Very nice the 460 has been on my want list since it came out

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Thanks guys for the kind words. I really like the .460. The revolver is very versatile. You can shoot 45 Colts if you want a low power load, the 454 Casull if you want to up the power, or go to the 460 if you want even more. The accuracy of the round is just a plus.

Another website has a monthly pistol shootout - 7 yds short barrel, 10 yds .17 or 22, 15 yds long barrel - sub groups for semi and revolver. Now it's expanding to rifles - fun, trust, camaraderie! I don't have a 22 (yet) but will be borrowing my neighbors - have been doing well in 7 and 15 yd semi. rules drift but generally it's a B27 target (I use the center only) with best 5 of 6 shots scored. Tie breakers are Xs and group size. Calipers work but I'm really fond of the ON TARGET program that they promote - easy download, nice tool!

Here's 2nd place last month 15 yds mingaa = score 50(5X) / group 1.211"
Handgun = Glock 34 9mm (Good shooter with a CZ 75 got me)
8151696487_93d20078c7.jpg

Won the 7 yd. with my Kahr CW9 mingaa = score 50(5X) / group 0.993"
Handgun = Kahr CW9 9mm
Hmmm - can't find the file

Here's one I shot yesterday that should get the attention of the 7 yd set shot with a Glock 22 group = .747. The barrel length is 5" + at 15, anything else can shoot 7. hehe.
8151728149_504d8ac2f1.jpg

:twisted:

This is 7 yards out of my Glock 26. I was practicing drawing and firing with both eyes open instinctive shooting. Not too bad but I can improve.

DSC_3872.jpg

Excellent results with the 22 mingaa!!! :shock:

Nice lookin 2 eyes open group with the 26 Mr. Mossy...

Saleen's setup and the results (and chrono!!) blow me away.

It is kind of funny when the shot that you don't score is the one IN the X!

mingaa said:

The two bestest 9mm pistols I have ever owned. ;) Still got both of 'em, would never part with either.

mingaa, that's one helluva 15-yd group!

Changed 30-06 bullet weight for hunting so I actually went to the closest spot to shoot 200 yards…..that’s right an official range. Well it all zeroed awesome and we decided to stop and shoot the conceal carries to stay fresh…..man I have been doing so much shooting lately.

Anyway I pull out the 10mm , Tyler pulls the 45 and the guys next to us started talking to us a little. Nice guys, I think “cool”. Then the guy says “it’s going to get noisy”…..I’m like “ok, were at a gun range lol”. He pulls out a S&W 500……..I was like “wow” every time I see one. He looks at me and says” you want to shoot it ?” , I promptly hand him the Glock 29 and he hands me the 500. I pull that thing up and let it go….and it rocks the steel like I shot it with a rifle. I finished the cylinder and hand it back…..just awesome, what a cannon!

It was funny he hands back the Glock and says “that’s the peppiest 40 I ever shot, are those hand loads?” I told him it was a 10mm and yes they were hand loads lol, he was a hand loader too
He never shot a 10mm and he had a ton of handguns there. He asked to shoot it again and gave me the 1911, and then he gave me an H&K ….the entire time shooting the 29. He is probably going to try to buy one this week, good luck, I told him.

DAVE, we finished off those cast 45’s with 8gr of AA#5 , sweet loads those are…..just smooth. It was nice shooting those 45’s after shooting so many 10mm’s lately. ….was a cool day.

That's awesome oli!

I love swapping firearms with good folks at the range. I've been able to shoot a lot of VERY cool weapons like an S&W 500, a DE MK XIX .50AE, a full auto Sterling 9mm sub-gun, and a few others. I meet some pretty cool people every once in a while that give me hope that humanity isn't completely gone yet...

nitesite said:
mingaa said:

The two bestest 9mm pistols I have ever owned. ;) Still got both of 'em, would never part with either.

mingaa, that's one helluva 15-yd group!
Kind of lost track of this thread - thanks for the good words nitesite - that was one of a, erm, group of targets. I hope there is a day that I step up to the line and.can just rip off groups like that. No way was I upset that the CZ got me - don't have one but I've shot them. It's reputation as. Sweet shooter is well deserved! I'm shooting outdoors 12 months this year and I'll be out to warm up and test some ammo this week to be ready for a club IDPA match Saturday.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That's awesome oli!

I love swapping firearms with good folks at the range. I've been able to shoot a lot of VERY cool weapons like an S&W 500, a DE MK XIX .50AE, a full auto Sterling 9mm sub-gun, and a few others. I meet some pretty cool people every once in a while that give me hope that humanity isn't completely gone yet...

yeah , the up side of the public range for sure. I almost didnt go because the last time I was there it sucked , glad I went. Hardly anyone at all there

Not as impressive as sme on here but this was done with my G19 from 25ft line. Drawn from a Blackhawk Serpa holster.

CIMG0238.jpg

very nice shooting !

LES, we were talking shooting pistols in the ruger thread, looking at this one I think I am shooting to far and expecting too much. I am shooting a minimum of tem, I dont ever shoot less than 10 but I routinely shoot 20 ish...nothing against anyone’s accomplishments here at all....just an epiphany for me , I think LOL, LES knows

Nah oli, I just think you need some more time behind the trigger on that Glock.

The triggers can take some get'n used to, especially when coming off of that sweet aftermarket job on your CZ. There's also a pretty big adjustment goin from a weighty, all steel pistol to a lighter poly frame. Just keep at it and you'll be put'n 'em through the same hole in no time...

Back