• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington Handguns. Yes they make them.

First Remington gets back into handguns with a reasonably priced 1911 that has gotten mostly good reviews. Now they are looking at the CCW demographic with this 9mm offering, which looking at the price point, seems to be looking to muscle into Ruger and Keltec's territory. It might also appeal to the all metal crowd.

If America had James Bond. This might be his sidearm, lol.

Remington R51

What say you brethren?

Re: Remington's New 9mm

WOOF! :?

...and I thought the Beretta Nano was ugly. Seriously, they're giving Hi-Point a run for their money in the ugliest pistol department. Granted it's a tool not a fashion statement, but damn...

I would pass.

Might be a tool but this is a type of tool I want to find visually appealing.

It is James Bond(ish).

Reminds me of a 9mm converted Tokarev or a whitney wolverine.

I expected more from Remington.

Not sure why because they haven't really designed anything exciting and innovating in several decades, but still.

Honestly, they have been riding on the laurels of the 870 and 700 for years.
slap.gif

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
WOOF! :?

...and I thought the Beretta Nano was ugly. Seriously, they're giving Hi-Point a run for their money in the ugliest pistol department. Granted it's a tool not a fashion statement, but damn...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buzz your girlfriend...WOOF! :lol: I gotta agree on that one...damn she's homely!!

i like the idea of it, just not sure if i like the looks of it...maybe it will be the concealed carry my wife decides on..if she ever decides on something

It is kinda FUGLY. :shock:
The reviewer is kinda high on it but most gun reviewers usually are.
The true review will come a year after the release when all the new buyers start posting their reviews.

Thanks for the link. I had not seen, nor heard of it yet.

Must just be me, but I liked the looks of it. I'd like to see it in person and compared to some of the same sized competition, but it looks interesting.

But... But... the reviewer said it has "....a 1911-like" trigger.

So there you go. Bingo! That'll sell 20,000 units right there.

I think it looks like some 19-year old girl in art college was allowed full access to final design on the exterior lines so it would look just wondermous.

Remington does two things right. It builds the 870 and the 700. And even those I question lately. They will never be a handgun manufacturer. Here is a perfect example of why.

nitesite said:
Remington does two things right. It builds the 870 and the 700. And even those I question lately.
good point!
I don't mind the look that much......
LES, Hipoint?......come on now , bit of an exaggeration don't you think?
NOTHING has bad looks and ergonomics like a Hipoint , the only reason Hipoint pisses me off is because they actually produce weapons that I despise.....didn't think that would ever happen lol, Keltec came close but at least they look cool, never met one that functioned right like it should

Phil W "Senior Writer TFB"~~~"Yes Tennifer was found to emit Cyanide gas. Just about everyone is using some form of Melonite treatment these days and why not it works well.

Thank GOD Remington handgun manufacturing is part of the new industry effort to save us all from Tennifer finish poisoning.

I think I need to go get tested......

oli700 said:
LES, Hipoint?......come on now , bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

Ok, ok, maybe a little.

Still the lines remind me of every cheap, off-brand handgun I've ever seen. Take a look at some of the $120 Cobra Freedom series, Jimenez, or Phoenix Arms pistols and tell me that they don't look like this Remington's kissing cousins...

Too me it looks like a PPK with a fat ass...

From what I've read, Remmington's 1911's haven't been getting very favorable reviews either... but at least it looks good.

Only time will tell whether it performs...

aksavanaman said:

From what I've read, Remmington's 1911's haven't been getting very favorable reviews either... but at least it looks good.

Looks like a PPK to me as well. I'm a function over form guy, I could care less how ugly it is as long as it goes bang when I need it to. My self stippled G19 is not exactly a looker but it gets the job done.

Curious to see how it holds up/performs over time.

aksavanaman said:

You sure you're not thinking about the Taurus 1911? Most reviews I've read have been favorable. It's not quite a value range like the Philippine 1911's. It seems to be in the Springfield Armory price territory.

Issues with the Remy 1911 R1 have ranged from improper upper/lower fit causing gouges in the frame interior to the weapon firing without the grip safety depressed. All the issues typical to any new production firearm. Still, the few issues tend to get more press than the thousands of units that ship and perform problem free. Take it all for what it's worth...

Well going through the other 1911 thread and seeing an STI Spartan V for $100 more kinda makes the R1 a moot point for me now, lol.

All I can tell you about the Spartan is that it's an absolute workhorse. It's my go-to range gun when I just want to get out and spend a lot of rounds smacking some steel plates. Never had any issues with the thing and I've purposely run it through 1000 rounds without cleaning. Not a single failure...

Back