What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Safe" Act II In The Works For NY

This whole thing is disgusting, but the last five words of this sentence really make my blood boil.

We are at a point where words are meaningless and choosing which elected officials to vote in is like looking for food in a dumpster. We law abiding folks continue to get shit on while the actions of criminals are reflected on us as somehow we are to blame and are to receive the punishment.

Meanwhile an UNARMED angry mob can hold a town hostage, burn half of it to the ground, and destroy much of what's left in a show of force against militarized police. In doing so they prompt a justice department investigation into the infringement of their civil liberties. Regardless of their reasons, or their cause, or how extreme their methods may seem to we rational folks their actions, backed by media and a wave of public support, have forced those in power to rethink their policy. They stood together in the face of overwhelming opposition and demanded results. It worked. The populatuon of Ferguson MO is just over 21,000 people. Even if everyone who lives there participated in the protests that equates to a meager .007% of the U.S. population. Further break that number down by demographics and do the math. Still, I'd say there were far more people sitting at home than out on the streets fighting for thier cause. How about the handful of armed citizens that stood down the federal government at the Bundy ranch? Anyone see where this is going?

The time for words has long passed. We live in a time of actions. There is an old idea in social contract theory that when a free people are faced with a government which acts against the will of its citizens, instigating revolution with the intent of replacing the governing body is not only a right, but in fact an obligation...

whenever the Legislators endeavor to take away, and destroy the Property of the People, or to reduce them to Slavery under Arbitrary Power, they put themselves into a state of War with the People, who are thereupon absolved from any farther Obedience, and are left to the common Refuge, which God hath provided for all Men, against Force and Violence. Whensoever therefore the Legislative shall transgress this fundamental Rule of Society; and either by Ambition, Fear, Folly or Corruption, endeavor to grasp themselves, or put into the hands of any other an Absolute Power over the Lives, Liberties, and Estates of the People; Ny this breach of Trust they forfeit the Power, the People had put into their hands, for quite contrary ends, and it devolves to the People, who have a Right to resume their original Liberty.”

- John Locke

In this fight WE are our greatest obstacle. WE are shackled by law and saddled with "social responsibilty". WE are the only ones that can change the course of this runaway government whether it be local, state, or federal. WE have the numbers and WE have the means to force results. WE must stand together and show those who rob us of our liberties that the power they hold over us is an illusion that WE will no longer recognize and that WE WILL NOT COMPLY....

Good post. Question: Do you know why slave revolts are rare? I'll tell you: Because slavery is comfortable. Just do what you're told, and your safety and basic needs (food, shelter, etc.) will be handed to you by your owner. Do more than you're told and the comfort level increases. Do less and it results in punishment. Just like any livestock.

Freedom, on the other hand, is usually much more difficult and often less comfortable. You've got to look out for your own needs and desires.

Great post gunny..

Excellent post sniper.....trueth be told here.

...uck Cuomo. ...uck NYS even though I have to claim it as my permanent state of address with the military. I thought that NYC was bad but I was wrong.

"Post deletion commencing in 10 secs...9...8...7..."

Last edited by a moderator:
NY is unreal. The police actually have time to contact the FB friends of people?...and don't get me going on needing a permit to even purchase a gun. Do they actually do any real police work? %&$# SCOTUS just keeps sitting back and refusing to hear gun cases.

From the link LTB45 provided:
Hi,
My name is Jason and I live around Watervliet. I found the article [on the town's pistol permit application Facebook inspection requirement] interesting. I would like to add that Cohoes, NY (neighbors) also has the FB requirement. The police actually reach out to your FB friends and ask about your character, some of whom you may not have spoken to since high school or even grade school. This is on top of the character references you include in your application. I have a friend who applied and told them that he no longer had his FB account and that he deactivated it a few weeks prior. They insisted that he reactivate it so they could go through his contacts, photos, and prior posts. It’s not fun in upstate N.Y. People need to know how restrictive law enforcement is on our 2nd amendment rights.

All the more reason NOT to have a Facebook account. Now, what if they asked about Mossbergowners?...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

They are trying to make NEW York like old York... Refer to attached... :(

PS: "knock, knock", "who's there?", "constable", "constable who?", (sound of door being smashed in...)

Attachments

• security_leaflet.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Guidance_on_Firearms_Licensing_Law_v10_-_Oct_2014.pdf
    995.3 KB · Views: 2
To go along with our FB dilemma.... I know I've used Facebook groups for selling and trading firearms and related accessories, and probably the only reason I have a FB account.

Today, we are introducing a series of new educational and enforcement efforts for people discussing the private sale of regulated items:

• Any time we receive a report on Facebook about a post promoting the private sale of a commonly regulated item, we will send a message to that person reminding him or her to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We will also limit access to that post to people over the age of 18.
  • We will require Pages that are primarily used by people to promote the private sale of commonly regulated goods or services to include language that clearly reminds people of the importance of understanding and complying with relevant laws and regulations, and limit access to people over the age of 18 or older if required by applicable law.
  • We will provide special in-app education on Instagram for those who search for sales or promotions of firearms.
  • We will not permit people to post offers to sell regulated items that indicate a willingness to evade or help others evade the law. For example, private sellers of firearms in the U.S. will not be permitted to specify “no background check required,” nor can they offer to transact across state lines without a licensed firearms dealer.

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2014/0...enforcement-measures-for-commercial-activity/

From the FB "Newsroom" link AK posted above:

"We have worked with a number of individuals and organizations on the development of these efforts, which will be implemented and enforced in the coming weeks. We are grateful in particular for the advice offered by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Americans for Responsible Solutions, Sandy Hook Promise, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and Moms Demand Action, which helped us develop an approach for the private sale of firearms. We also appreciate the feedback provided by the Facebook Safety Advisory Board."

That is a literal "who's who" of firearms confiscation... (if they had their way)