• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Wanted to post these 2 Remingtons. My mom wanted me to take a few of my dads guns home this weekend. One was his 1100 that he bought new. The other was his model 11. Means a lot to have this one. Originally bought by my grandfather, passed on to my dad and now lives with me. Both are in really good shape. I need to get some better pics of them.

My 500 wanted to hang out with the big boys.
001.jpg

002.jpg

I agree that Heirloom guns are the most important in anyone's collection.

I'll try to edit this post and get a few pictures of some of our non-mossy shotguns.

I'm the lucky 3rd generation owner of a pre 1939 (some more serial number work to do) Browning Auto 5. I have a pic on another computer and will post (or unlock it and shoot again) soon. It's in great shape cyl bore but an all around great shooter. It's been a while since I've had it out but it does get occasional skeet / trap duty. I'm extremely proud to have a great family legacy piece. It was originally my father-in-law's father's gun and we have family pics of it on duck hunts. My wife's family is 3 women / daughters. They all looked at me like "well"? Yeah I stepped up-hehe. :p

JC Higgins 12 ga Bolt action (needs some work)

shotguns009.jpg

Stevens Model 79 12 ga

squirrelhunting051.jpg

Stevens model 94 16 ga

shotguns007.jpg

Italian manufacture .410 side x side nice engraving and scroll work and gold triggers

shotguns006.jpg

Montgomery Ward .410

shotguns004.jpg

Re: AR-15 and Variants

Have any of you seen or heard about this beast?? :shock:

MKA1919 12 Gauge AR 15 style Shotgun

http://www.raacinc.com/index.php3?pagei ... oducts.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCgwQ3VvCs&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQ0mXtIBz0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

it has a pistol grip, so here in CT, I doubt it will be available...(read LAME LAWS) :roll:

Shotgunworld started a thread on this shotgun back in June and July, 2011. Most of the posters were diehard Saiga guys and they did not have much nice to say about it.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=260552
A guy revives the thread in October and starts bashing the other posters. I followed it for awhile until it got to the point that no one could post anything without this guy going after them. My one and only response to the thread was the last one, and like I said in the post, because of him, I would never buy the weapon.
I actually handled one while I was home in January. It seems to be a well made weapon, very light weight. I can see some appeal for it, it is pretty cool. Right aound $700. Just the guy from Shotgunworld completely turned me off to it.

Holy cow they have some panties in a bunch over there. I'm glad I don't frequent that forum. I like this place much much better. Same with the Saiga forum. They have good info on the saiga but they can be testy too. I actually like the looks of it. I need to see if it's available up here. I'm interested in it.
And I wouldn't let that turd in the punch bowl sway you. If you like it it's that simple.

Re: New 12g AR15 Style Shotgun From RAA MKA-1919

It's funny how they used to advertise themselves as the friendliest forum on the net. Thats a crock of crap.
And I like my 930 SPX way better than the MKA.

New 12g AR15 Style Shotgun From RAA MKA-1919

You better not put your nose against the charging handle on that "AR"!

It is interesting but I say let shotguns be shotguns and AR's be AR's
Maybe we can get a Sawed off Double Barrel 5.56

Re: New 12g AR15 Style Shotgun From RAA MKA-1919

Kungfunerd said:
You better not put your nose against the charging handle on that "AR"!

Lol, no kidding. And if anyone gets the "smart" idea to put a slidefire stock on it lets hope they can manage to keep it pointed down range...

Re: unusual shotgun

Holy Smokes man, the cost! Amazing, but the cost!!! :shock:

It’s like a cross between a shotgun, a zip gun and an RPG-7

its cost is because it was a famous shooters personal gun. or so I read.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh... I see, I dont recognize the name, but I understand. This is something a collector would be lookin for... i think.

Back