• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SIG SAUER

Re: Two tone work on my P250

Thanks again.
I did a little more work, Someone mentioned I forgot to polish the magazine release... Sure enough I did!
So I remedied that.

5589148196_37605d0d24_z.jpg

I also angled the front of the frame a little more.
Maybe someday I will stop taking pic's with my 3 year old cell phone and take some nice photos.

Nice work brother!

I'm a stray from the all black gun crowd and have always had a soft spot for a nice stainless steel finish! I think shiny metal is SEXY! Your new two-tone has two things goin for it. It's very subtle, and very unique. I like it!

Thanks you sir!

Here is a before and after together, So people don't have to scroll up and down.

5580103065_96cea55dd7_z.jpg

5589148196_37605d0d24_z.jpg

SHOOTER13's SIG...

Here's a pic of my favorite 9mm...a SIG SAUER P226...made in West Germany in 1988, which I bought used for $400 off a friend whose brother ( deceased ) had carried it alot and shot it little. I just swapped out the original recoil and firing pin springs with a Wollf 15lb (factory standard) package.

The P226 was designed for entry into the XM9 Service Pistol Trials (Joint Service Small Arms Program), which were held by the US Army in 1984 on behalf of the US armed forces to find a replacement for the M1911A1. Only the Beretta 92F and the SIG P226 satisfactorily completed the trials. According to a GAO report, Beretta was awarded the M9 contract for the 92F due to better durability during endurance testing and a lower total package price. The P226 cost less per pistol than the 92F, but SIG's package price with magazines and spare parts was higher than Beretta's. The Navy SEALs, however, chose to adopt the P226 later.

SIG P226

SIGSAUERP226small-1.jpg

Re: SHOOTER13's SIG

Very nice!
I just traded a 9mm p250 sub-compact for a .40S&W p226 a few weeks ago.

I finally strayed from SIG's after I traded my p250 SC for a XD40 SC, However I still have a couple other Sigs to keep me happy.

do you like your xd40? I know nothing about handguns at all and was looking at that one. From what I have read they seem really nice but is there anything that is in the same line of guns (polymer) that I should be looking at? I really like the look of the whole xd line is there anything else that resembles them?

DE_DUCKS said:
do you like your xd40? I know nothing about handguns at all and was looking at that one. From what I have read they seem really nice but is there anything that is in the same line of guns (polymer) that I should be looking at? I really like the look of the whole xd line is there anything else that resembles them?

I have only had the XD40 for a little over a week, But so far I like what I have, It seems to shoot well, Some people do not like striker fire pistols(no hammer) There are plenty of small pistols out there, You should get out to a gun shop and try a few on for size, Get a feel for them and decide that way rather than looks, Shoot them if you get a chance, But I wont argue, I think they have an appealing appearance, I likied the look of my p250 sc as well, From what I have read, some do not think it is worth the price to get an XDm over the XD, But that would be up to you.
I hope that is of some help.

EDIT...
Glock would be another Poly pistol, I think many are now making Poly handguns.
I was also considering a Glock 29 due to it being a 10mm round, I'm not a huge Glock fan, But I am willing to give them a try.

Nice p226! On my list of to get handguns (1911 A1 mil spec then 92F then p226 then time for some revolvers).

Not to hijack your thread but I to have XD40sc as my daily carry. It is quite snappy but I have grown to love it.

thanks for the help guys I'll look into it. I want to get one before i go into the academy but its lookin like i have a while before then. My current boss' father own the local gun shop and i think they rent guns so I'll have to shoot a few different pistols and see what I like

HELP...my thread has been hijacked by XD40 terrorists... :lol:

I'm callin in Seal Team Six...

SEALTEAM6PATCH.jpg

I'm down with the SIG-ness

Yup...

5705803772_913978a56c_z.jpg

Clockwise, HAWES import J.P. Sauer & Sohn .44Mag Western Marshal, SigPro SP2340 in .40S&W, p226 in .40S&W, p250 Full Size in 9mm that I did a little polish work on to mimic an Equinox

Another.

5705805690_2cda653f73_z.jpg

Re: I'm down with the SIG-ness

That is a nice collection of sigs!

Re: Got SIG?

Anybody put their hands on one of these yet?

It's the new P290, SIG's contribution to the influx of new pocket 9's...

Item Number: 290-9-BSS
Caliber: 9mm
Action Type: DAO
Trigger Pull DAO: 9.0 lb Average
Overall Length: 5.5 in
Overall Height: 3.9 in
Overall Width: 0.9 (1.1 in with slide catch lever)
Barrel Length: 2.9 in
Sight Radius: 4.3 in
Weight w/Mag: 20.5 oz
Mag Capacity: 6 Rounds
Sights: SIGLITE® or Contrast Sights
Frame Material: Polymer (interchangable) Other materials coming soon.
Frame Finish: Black polymer
Slide Finish: Nitron® or natural stainless
Accessory Rail: Built-in for optional laser
Options: Customizable grip plates, mini laser
MSRP: $758.00
CA Compliant: No
MA Compliant: No

THE P290 SUB-COMPACT 9MM, is our newest and most innovative and versatile polymer pistol. Designed to be the ultimate in conceal carry. This unique 9mm pistol is the perfect small defense handgun that meets the demands of today’s law enforcement professionals as a backup duty gun, and responsible citizens as a conceal carry gun. The removable grip plates allow for customization with aluminum, wood, and polymer and can be engraved with your initials for a true customized pistol (coming soon). Magazine capacity is 6 rounds with the standard flush-fit magazine, and an optional 8 round extended capacity magazine is planned.

FEATURES
- Lightweight sub-compact
- Available in 9mm
- Optional integrated laser
- DAO Trigger
- Removable grip plates

Also available in two-tone.

... and with removable/interchangeable grip plates...

... and the optional integrated laser...

THE P290 TWO-TONE FIRST EDITION...

The First Edition version is in limited quantities. The First Edition features aluminum grip plates with a P290 First Edition logo cast onto the grip plate. Only 2000 of these are being made. Magazine capacity is 6 rounds with the standard flush-fit magazine, and an optional 8 round extended capacity magazine is planned.

Get up...I'm gettin' down with the SIGness

( Music from the band DISTURBED playin' in the background )

DISTURBED.jpg

Back