• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Great Fear For Leaders On The Left

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Democrats want to get rid of guns because they are scared they will be pointed at them some day for their politics. They seem to care less about armed criminals/gang bangers. The don't even blame the criminal. They blame the gun and society. Yesterdays story of a Coast Guard Lieutenant planning to kill prominent Democrat politicians and their media supporters will have the hair on their backs (even Nancy Pelosi) standing on end.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-gu...t-of-media-bigs-and-dem-lawmakers-prosecutors

Do not take this post as me endorsing this guys actions or political beliefs.

Yeah, I read that story and I have more questions than answers. If the guy was really planning bio attacks, as some outlets suggested, they would have no way of discerning democrat from anything else.

After looking at the confiscated weapon photos and reading the amount of ammunition on hand, seemed woefully inadequate to me for what they said he had been planning. They stated 1000 rounds. That also seems to be a major talking point on "news" broadcasts like it's some magic number of bullets or something to make the guy crazy.

He also didn't seem to have a lot of magazines on hand either, so I question the narrative that he was planning a bunch of attacks because if he was, he seemed ill prepared to carry them out.

I'm wondering if there isn't a jilted ex in the picture somewhere that just happened to call the "1-800-red flag your ex" hotline.

There's probably more to this than meets the eye. I thought to myself that he really didn't have much ammo if he was planning on taking out the world population.

On the other hand,if he was planning on a mass shooting spree I'm glad he is off the streets.

Guys, I agree that this one has a lot of open questions. I'll guess that this one won't be getting a lot of attention from the media going forward. I still think that the thought of guys like this is the biggest reason the far left democrats want the guns. They can be protected from criminals but you can't control an armed population.

Technically, being on a "controlled substance" while owning firearms is a "NO-NO". Even under the influence of alcohol is "illegal" while in possession of a firearm. I think being in anti-gun MD made the charges against him more onerous. This whole thing stinks and has been blown WAY out of proportion by the propaganda media. Obviously a Nobama era agent took it upon himself to ruin a gun-owner's life for what I would call a lapse in judgement. Discrete, forced drug treatment might have been a more appropriate avenue to travel...

Speaking of controlled substances. Oklahoma joined the ranks of legal medical marijuana states recently. They are still in the licensing stage and working out the details.

There is a catch for gun owners, at least that is the opinion of several gun shop owners I have talked to. Marijuana is illegal at the federal level for any use. So, if you use it and admit to it you won't pass a background check, and if you mark no on the form then you are lying. We all know where that could get you.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just a heads up.

In court his lawyer described the government as having "histrionic characterizations without substance". His lawyer added "we are not a country that criminalizes people thoughts". I think the left believes that we are that country and they go farther than that with their "red flag" laws which assume you are guilty until proven innocent and punish you for what are someone else's thoughts. The government admitted they did not have the case down to charge him with domestic terrorism and the judge gave them 2 weeks to finish that investigation. The federal prosecutor indicates he thinks they will be able to charge him and he based that on both the number of weapons he had and his writings. I look at the weapons and I think I can go to many message boards and find many that have far more. I think the charges may start out pretty big I think what he can be convicted of will be small. They will make sure to ruin his life.
AP_19051824643614.0.jpg

Wise up kids, its all,grey now.
Free thought and speech are no longer allowed if your conservative, highly regarded and protected if your not. The media is controlled by the left and they are currently driving the train of public opinion. Do ya want the country back ???? Better get control of,the propoganda machine not just the Whitehouse. Highly educated trained Marine AND Coast Guard officer does his subversive research on Govt work,computers ??? Umm O.K. sure if,ya say so......

Did this man shoot anyone?
(Not that I know of.)

Did this man plan to do evil?
Or was he just PWD?
(posting while drunk)

AND, is there any essential legal difference?

What about the idiots claiming they dreamed of mayhem on the president?
On live TV!

Any difference there?

(politics aside...)

Did this man shoot anyone?
(Not that I know of.)

Did this man plan to do evil?
Or was he just PWD?
(posting while drunk)

AND, is there any essential legal difference?

What about the idiots claiming they dreamed of mayhem on the president?
On live TV!

Any difference there?

(politics aside...)
Exactly my thought was , if the thoughts in everyone's head was prosecuted, who wouldnt be incarcerated ??

I'm quoting myself from another forum but same subject:

"What next? The "mind police" to punish unpure thoughts?
rolleyes.gif
How many of us would be on death row if that were the case?
devil.gif

I try to think at least 2 seconds ahead of what comes out of my mouth. Has helped keep me out of trouble...
redface.gif
"

Back